“Don't miss the experience”
Review of Lang Nuong Nam Bo

Lang Nuong Nam Bo
Ranked #299 of 3,606 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Four of us dined here last night and we thought the place was amazing. The selection of foods was extensive. All served raw to be cooked at the table on your own "hot coals" bbq. The place itself is huge and buzzing with chatty, happy diners. We were the only Westerners at the venue but this was not an issue. They even found us a huge bucket and filled it with ice so we could enjoy cold beers. An unforgettable experience! Would definitely return for the food, the atmosphere and the people watching!

3  Thank CindyKage

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Famous for bbq piglets. A must try when u visiting ho chi min. Be warn, if u expect a quick serve or romantic dinner....wrong place buddy!!! It is always crowded and noise level is high by happy diners. But overall, it is cheap and good!!!

3  Thank Gary L
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I went to this restaurant based on the reviews I read here on TripAdvisor. Our hotel tried to steer us to another restaurant--I am glad I went with my own judgement and ate here.

So, we ate here on Friday, February 28th and the place was packed and it's huge and most of the people in here were Vietnamese enjoying a meal with their family. To call this a huge restaurant is an understatement, it's gigantic. At any rate, when we arrived we were seated promptly just outside of the "VIP" area. We ordered two Tiger beers, prawns grilled at the table, squid grilled at the table, and half order of suckling pig.

This review will focus on the suckling pig. First it's the smallest pig i've seen cooked, but damn it was yummy. The skin was perfectly crisp with just enough meat underneath--not too much. I can only describe it as the perfect bite. The crisp bite of the skin and the melting of the meat in your mouth all at once was an experience I will forever cherish. The sweet buns that accompany the suckling pig were warm, sweet and also crisp on the outside. From an American point of view I would describe the sweet buns as a crispy sweet roll but sweeter that has the outer layer crispness of an unglazed Krispy Kreme doughnut. With a few pieces of the suckling pig I would break open a sweet bun, dip it in soy sauce and put the pork in between-it really enhanced the flavors of the suckling pig and made it great to enjoy.

My only regret about this meal was not ordering or bringing a bottle of wine to have with my dinner.

Of note: if you don't like loud or noisy places, then don't go here. It's all about the food. Also, if a table next to you is bbq at the table it can get smokey and if that bothers you, then don't eat here either. For true foodies only.

Our total bill for two was 850,000 VND, but I ordered a kg of fresh shrimp which was overkill.

2  Thank Worldtour99
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Was recommended by a friend and think we were the only non locals there. Huge place, noisy, fun. We ordered the suckling pig which was roasted on the coals at the front of the restaurant. The skin was amazing but not all of the fat had rendered down so a bt fatty for my linking - but my husband didn't have a problem. Rest of the food good.

2  Thank DandBSydney
Reviewed December 1, 2013

As an American living in Ho Chi Minh City, I wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving with a great meal and friends. This place was exactly what I had in mind. We ordered the roast suckling pig, spinach and garlic, and corn with leeks. The pig was soooo good! I have been craving it since we finished eating! Crispy skin with tender meat underneath. One pig was enough to feed 5 and we even had some left over! The staff were attentive and kind, as I find most Vietnamese are! I would highly recommend this restaurant. It has a local BBQ joint feel, with the plastic chairs, and the food is awesome.

2  Thank Sarah L