Vy Khanh Guesthouse
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is real value for your money. If you are looking for a great place to spend your nights while you go around Ho Chi Minh during the day, don't hesitate to pick Vy Khann with its confortable rooms and owners who treat you like family. Wifi is very good. Ms. Vy and her family are very helpful. You can even change your money with them and they will give you the best rate. They take care of you like you are real family. Location is superb as it is in the middle of District 2, where you can even walk to see all the tourists spots in HCMC. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Culipao
vykhanhhotel, Manager at Vy Khanh Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I arrived after 1am following a late flight but was welcomed with open arms and even had my bag carried up to the top floor. The room was spotlessly clean and definitely not what I had expected from a hostel – flatscreen TV with satellite channels, towels, hairdryer, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste. The bed was very comfy – too comfy in fact, as I struggled to get up in the mornings! Water pressure was good, even on the 4th floor and the bathroom was well-sealed, so there were no leaks. Air-conditioning was quiet but efficient and there was also a fridge with the cheapest bottles of water that I found in Saigon.

VY and her family were fabulous hosts. It took me over 20 minutes to leave the hostel on my first morning, as they were so helpful with city tips! They gave me a map with different colours for the recommended sights, restaurants and shops etc. The pho shop around the corner is definitely recommended. My regret was not trying the homemade soup which Ms Vy offered to me but I was just too hot from stepping in from outside. I booked my Chu Chi tour (USD 6) and taxi to the airport (USD 8) through the hostel and did not find them to be marked up.

The location was great – down an alley and slap bang in the middle of the backpacker district but despite this, it was very quiet and safe at night. I walked everywhere but it would have been very easy to find a taxi or motorbike. The local people in Saigon were extremely friendly and I had a lady insist on escorting me right to the hostel door when I arrived. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank HKLissie

Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you're looking for a clean guesthouse with great service at a great value, then stay here! Vy and her family are a wealth of knowledge. Initially difficult to find (location on Google is incorrect). The Google location for My My Arthouse is correct, about 10 meters from Vy Khanh. There is a small alley next to the Elios Hotel (good landmark) on Pham Ngu Lao. Go south down this alley and take your first left/east and it's right there. Vy can recommend all the good local eats for the foodie in all of us. Especially the Pho :) WIFI was fine. Again, the nicest family. We highly recommend and give two enthusiastic thumbs up! Stay here and join the family :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Clarence1986

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We recently stayed twice at Vy Khanh Guesthouse, at the start and at the end of our first-time, 1-month visit to Vietnam. The staff (Ms Vy, her mother and her cousin) were friendly, helpful and treated us like family. Our room was comfortable, clean, and free from street noise (aside from occasional vendors). We would stay there again.

Room Tip: The stairs are steep and narrow, so a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor makes sense if you have heavy bag...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ZeppelinsDad

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at Vy Khanh for our first few nights in Vietnam. This turned out to be a great decision. Vy and her family treated us as if we were long lost relatives coming for a visit. They made sure we always had what we needed and set us up with some great day tours. It was a great first impression of the country. We left feeling like family.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again and, hopefully, to get a higher ratings from you. ;-)

Best regards,
Your Vy Khanh Guesthouse ;-)
(Ms Vy)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The staff at this guesthouse were very friendly and accommodating. Our room was very nice- spacious with a large bathroom, fridge, and TV. It was a bit on the expensive side ($20/night for a double), but I thought it was worth it. The little alley is relatively quiet (a few vendors came through in the morning hours) and charming, with access to a lot of tourist amenities. The area it is in is quite touristy, which we found convenient, but which some may not like. Good location- within walking distance of many of the important sites.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MG888
Reviewed June 12, 2013

After traveling through Vietnam for one month Vy Khanh Guesthouse was my last stop, my welcome on arrival was great after a lovely man on the street directed me to the lane way, Vy had a cold drink ready and a detailed map of the area, I was traveling on my own and Vy treated me more like a friend, on my first night we jumped on Vy's bike and explored the city and ate together which I am truly grateful of, Vy's mum and dad and sister are all lovely people as well, the guesthouse is spotlessly clean and well maintained, for $20 a night in Ho Chi Minh city you will not find better, I can't wait to return to this great city and would never contemplate staying anywhere else.
Vy thank you for a wonderful stay and the great times we had.

• Stayed: May 2013