“Wonderful evening and great food”
Review of ZanZBar Restaurant, Cafe & Bar - CLOSED

ZanZBar Restaurant, Cafe & Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had a wonderful evening upstairs. Several times during the evening my husband raved about his fish selection. Great wine list too.

3  Thank rfm18

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stopped for happy hour drinks and stayed for dinner. Pork ribs were excellent. My wife had butter poached salmon that she claims was as good as any she has ever had. Consider it recommended for a western style meal.

The wine list was extensive and the service was attentive

6  Thank OneAddictedTraveler
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were there with a group of 8 people at lunch time. it took 30 mins to get a glass of water, another 20 mins for bread and butter. 1 hour and 45 mins for the mains to come. Another 40 mins for dessert.

We asked to speak with the manager and there was NONE! The food was just a little bit better than average.

Such a shame because it has nice settings...

Tina Nguyen

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Having visited Saigon countless times over the years, Zanzbar stands out as the best dining option of its kind that the city has to offer. Fresh produce, an innovative, affordable and eclectic menu, some of the best staff in town and a comfortable and tasteful fit-out, it is my home away from home. Salads and seafood will not disappoint and the desserts will hit the spot for many. And for those of us who are not satisfied with American style franchised coffee shops, Zanzbar provides the best Lavazza coffee in town. The re-opening in its new location took what seems like forever, but thankfully its back.

9  Thank Rade2014
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My earlier review was completed shortly after they reopened (Too early I thought) however I was persuaded to return to give them a second chance. It was a significant difference. The service levels had returned to their former levels and the food was really superb. The issues with the too loud sound system had been fixed and the wine list restored to its former quality.

Along with the familiar ambience there was the quality of the food. I had the lunch special, consisting of three dishes: a tomato and cumin soup, beef bourguingnon, and tiramisu desert that also included coffee. A lot to eat but there was plenty of time and the dishes were there to savour. They were all great - the soup was fresh, and the tomatoes almost purefied but a little texture left to remind you of the original fruit. The cumin deftly added to give a faint asian reference. The beef was served with whole chunks on pasta and they had been cooked well - still retaining their form but very soft to the palate

Establishing food and service quality in this city is always hard and I think that the Zanzbar team have excelled in recreating their earlier iconic restaurant in a new and if not better location.

It is really worth a visit

7  Thank Lapidus
Tony S, Owner at ZanZBar Restaurant, Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear "Lapidus"

We really appreciate your feedback; it’s concise and allows us to evaluate our service and product to better meet you and other guests needs.

We did suffer a few teething problems as your earlier review highlighted however I’m very pleased to hear you were willing to give us another visit and I’m delighted you received the full experience we’re always aiming to offer.

Thank you for the very detailed review of our set menu for lunch. This is actually something we used to offer at our old location and we have just introduced here. I believe you were the 1st to enjoy the set menu so you’re feedback really is invaluable!

Thanks again.