“A W Hotel Vibe, but with a Vietnamese authenticity” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ZanZBar Restaurant, Cafe & Bar - CLOSED

ZanZBar Restaurant, Cafe & Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“A W Hotel Vibe, but with a Vietnamese authenticity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Day 5 in HCMC an we wanted somewhere really interesting. We went to the Temple Bar and loved it but I was looking for something different. A fusion of Asia and NY or W hotel vibe. With a little searching we found ZanZBar and it totally does not disappoint. The menu is great exactly the blend I was looking for of Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai inspired dishes with a few traditional western as well. The wine list is great and reasonably priced given the market that this restaurant caters to. The atmosphere is great, dark, funky and with a great music playlist. If an Asian fusion of W hotel, cocktail bar and quality Vietnamese restaurant is what you like then ZanZBar is well worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ZanZBar_Saigon, Owner at ZanZBar Restaurant, Cafe & Bar, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hi,

Just read your review and I was blown away. Thank you!

Not only an overall rating of 5, but also a great description of your personal experience - "Asian fusion of W hotel, cocktail bar and quality Vietnamese restaurant".

These comments have been passed on to Management and Staff and they are super-happy.

Thanks again,

London
“Great bar, food OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

ZanZBar is a great venuw, very modern but maintaining that Saigon feel to it. Food was average. Had the calamari with black pepper which was oily and the Thai red curry. Maybe I shouldn't have having been in Thailand only a week before, but I found the flavours weren't there. Very attentive staff though

Visited November 2012
Hi and thanks for the post.

We also hate oily food, and your comments about the salt 'n' pepper calamari have been passed on to the kitchen. This is notmally a crowd favourite so thanks for picking up on the quality breakdown.

Regarding your second comment... I couldn't agree more with you that the "Red Thai Coconut Chicken with Garlic Rice" is not authentic Thai food. We tried to be careful with our description, but perhaps this needs another review if there is any confusion.

Many thanks for you feedback - this really does help us!
Warm Regards,
Glass House Mountains, Australia
“Wonderful Oasis in bust Saigon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We wanted to splurge a tad on our last night in Vietnam so after checking reviews on trip advisor and lonely planet reviews decided on the Zan Z Bar restaurant.
We were not disappointed, the food was wonderful (we both enjoyed New Zealand Lamb dishes), couple with a great Aussie wine from WA, We finished off with some sumptuous deserts. I did have the Vietnamese spring rolls for entree ...lovely
The service was excellent and the very friendly manager "Luca" ensured we were happy with everything. The place had a good vibe and was close by to some impressive landmarks that looked beautiful for night time stroll (much needed after such a gourmet delight).

We will be back when next in Saigon. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ZanZBar_Saigon, Owner at ZanZBar Restaurant, Cafe & Bar, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi Paul and many thanks for taking the time to post such a lovely review.

Luca wanted me to respond with a warm "Ciao" and "Grazie" from him; and to let you know that he will be sharing your positive review with the evening team - they love to hear praise :)

Thanks again, we really appreciate it.
Tony.
Santa Monica, CA
“AMAZING MEAL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My friends and I stumbled upon this place around 11 am after a long night in Saigon. The staff is extremely friendly and gave us top class service. The drink concoctions were amazing- we had the Brain Booster, young coconut, mango juice, and tried two of the different Vietnamese coffees which were incredible.
The food is international fusion with a Vietnamese twist. I had a veggie omlette that was unquestionably the best omlette I have ever had in my life. My friends ordered some egg dish that had ratatouille in it and we could not stop ourselves from making "Yummm" sounds as we were eating because the food was so delightful.
Chef Lucca came out and chatted with us for awhile and made this experience even more wonderful. Honestly wanted to eat every meal here.
Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ZanZBar_Saigon, Owner at ZanZBar Restaurant, Cafe & Bar, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hi and thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review.

The dish with ratatouille is the "Gibraltar" - toasted focaccia, topped with hummus, ratatouille, grilled goat's cheese and finally 2 poached eggs with green onions. We created this dish entirely in-house, so I am really glad you enjoyed!

And the garden omelet ... personally I am a meat lover, but I often find myself coming back to this healthy vegetarian omelet - it really is quite satisfying :)

Again, thanks for your post - we love to hear great feedback and I will be sure to share your comments with our dedicated team.

Warm Regards and happy travels!
Hawaiian Islands
“Neat Bar - Good Martinis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Saigon Hotel, out the door to the left Zan Z Bar was a nice change. The food was good and so were the drinks. They have a long Happy Hour. We had Fun !!!

Visited October 2012