“Hidden gem”
Review of Hoa Tuc

Hoa Tuc
Ranked #72 of 3,996 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We totally enjoyed our dinning experience from the pomelo and squid salad to the Vietnamese brown rice every mouthful was totally enjoyable. The waiting staff excellent , the ambience was great in a small courtyard,totally recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a fantastic meal at a good price dish's ranged from 70,000 to 180,000 dong, the ginger ice cream was to die for.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I'm sure we haven't discovered anything new, the Intercontinental concierge suggest we go there for lunch but Hells Teeth it was so nice! We arrived at about 3pm, so it was emptying, we thought the restaurant next door looked livelier and had a drink but when we reviewed the Hua Tuc menu...it just looked so interesting. The meal came, so obviously freshly made...the chicken was so tender, same with the beef...not cooked a second too long...ah, so good. Sat outside, listened to some quiet jazz (well you can't have everything :-)). A fantastic moment in time....certainly gets my vote.

(it is in a small cul de sac...easy to miss the turn)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a delicious dinner here. I would recommend to sit outside for dinner as inside was very cooled down by AC (unless you prefer this). The courtyard is cosy, the food is amazing and the service is very good. We had spring rolls, RYO (roll your own) beef in rice paper and the softshell crabs with Mango sauce - all super delicious. We decided to sign up for their cooking class right after dinner, so we will be able to provide a review of that tomorrow.
I would really recommend this place for a nice night out.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We went with friends and had a great meal, so much so that my wife and I went back for lunch the next day before we flew home! The go seems to do lunch indoors (air con) and dinner outside (for the atmosphere). We did both the wrong way round, doh but still enjoyed both visits. Soft shell crab with mango was lush.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

After reading so many good reviews, we booked a table with high expectations, only to find we didn't agree with them. I don't know what went wrong. We sat in the courtyard - don't sit inside, it looks like a staff canteen. The welcome was OK but after that it all went slowly downhill. Our table had a sofa one side and a chair the other. Looked great but the sofa was much too low (they always are, aren't they?). Problem solved only by grabbing all the loose cushions.

Our waiter seemed to consider himself so cool that good service didn't really matter - we were lucky to have him. The food was no better than reasonable. I ordered an ice-cream, two scoops. When it arrived there was only one scoop left; the other had become a warm sauce in which it sat looking sad. You'd have thought they would be used to warm evenings by now. I also had to ask three times for the bill.

I don't wish to offend anyone, but I think this is one of those trendy places where you go to be seen and to say you have been there. It's hidden in a small courtyard half of which was occupied by a Bentley covertible the night we were there. Says it all, really.

To be fair, this was our third night in Saigon and we had been absolutely spoilt on our first two nights at La Fourchette and Ciao Bella, both in the same area (and both of which I've reviewed on Tripadvisor). In my book both of these leave Hoa Tuc standing.