All reviewsshuttle boatart suiteboat serviceimperial suiteexpat areaboutique hotelapple tvcomplimentary mini baroverlooking the riverbeautiful hotelbeautiful poolan oasis of calmsmall gymbustling cityquiet areano liftlate check
Reviewed March 28, 2015

A very comfortable room done out in typical tropical style with dark wood floors, light, soft colors, louvered doors. Spacious shower, with a great view out the window. Balcony overlooking a pretty pool. Very pleasant outdoor garden/bar/restaurant facing a river. Complimentary boat shuttle service from the hotel pier. Staff was very attentive. Breakfast was slow to arrive. Allow an extra 15 minutes.

3  Thank arjaydobleyoo
Reviewed March 28, 2015

I spent a lot of time looking at a variety of reviews of hotels and decided to trust other reviewers with their assessment of the Villa Song. My wife and I had an amazing experience. We stayed in a room with a pool view. It was beautiful. The room was very large and open and the night view of the pool was beautiful. The room design was not typical and we liked it a lot.

What I particularly liked about the hotel was its distance from the city. We arrived late on a Sunday so we did not go into the city until the next day. After going to the city, I was so glad that we chose the Villa Song. With regular shuttles to and from the city, it made the distance seem short. Even on the day we were in the city later, the taxi ride from city center was only 150 000 VD.

The other blessing was the food. The meals were reasonably priced and we loved our daily breakfasts.

I would highly recommend this hotel for couples in particular.

2  Thank DKaf99
Reviewed March 23, 2015

as others have reviewed there is little to criticise and much to praise about this hotel. The location makes it. Sitting on the riverside watching the river traffic was a super way to end the day, made better with good food and good cocktails.

The boat trip to town is a must do to give you a different view of the city.

The staff were helpful and allowed us a 6 pm check out , handy for our late night flight home. Happily recommend to anyone coming to Aigon.

4  Thank seasidevally
Reviewed March 22, 2015 via mobile

I am generally forgiving in my reviews, but as I enjoy efficiency I tend to be critical of hotels where ergonomics have been neglected on the false premise that style is more important than function. Well I'm delighted to report that Villa Song is a blissful marriage of style and function, combined with elegance, charm and a truly outstanding location. Although the building was probably designed as a small hotel it has the appearance of a grand colonial mansion and sits comfortably among other similar buildings on the banks of the Saigon River. On one side of the hotel is a lovely restaurant garden with a river terrace and a floating pontoon where the hotel's courtesy launch is moored. On the other side is a large swimming pool where loungers were always available. Inside the hotel is immaculate and clean enough to be used as an operating theatre; there is no lift but the elegant reception area gives on to a wide staircase that serves the first and second floors. I suspect ours was one of the hotel's smaller rooms, but it was large enough, and double aspect windows gave us a lovely view of the garden and river. The room had everything we would need, including a ceiling fan, air-conditioning and a capsule espresso machine. The exceptionally large shower room was immaculate and had an excellent shower in a huge cubicle that really worked, unlike most showers of my experience that somehow flood the bathroom floor. Staff were competent, friendly and had a passable English. An excellent breakfast is available all day; we usually go out to eat but here the garden and the food were so lovely that we dined in every evening. On one occasion when my main course was late I was told immediately there would be no charge and the level of apology verged on embarrassing. I really wasn't bothered; it was lovely just to sit by the river, watching the boats pass, and wait. We particularly enjoyed the hotel's courtesy boat service; a high-speed launch operates a timetabled service from a pier in the centre of town to the hotel's own dock. This is fast, very comfortable and affords and excellent view of the city. Although 24 hour reception is only a phone call away, my only criticism of this hotel is a lack of information in the bedroom. We didn't have the usual folder giving a meal times, useful numbers and room service menu. While there were extensive instructions on how to operate the cable and Apple TV services, it took us a while to figure out how to operate the espresso machine. Overall I would unhesitatingly recommend this hotel, and it's almost worth returning to Saigon just for another few relaxing days here. If you have found this review useful, please click "Helpful" below.

Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
18  Thank Ian W
Reviewed March 22, 2015

Saigon can be hectic to say the least, and having Villa Song to come back to every day absolutely made our trip. The rooms, the pool, the outdoor and indoor dining areas are all beautifully appointed. And the staff is some of the friendliest we have encountered. The location is incredibly convenient. The hotel provides a free boat shuttle to get down town which also removes much of the stress of getting to and from the city. Being right on the river, in the comfort of Villa Song was truly wonderful. We didn't want to leave and will never stay anywhere else in Saigon!

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies, but ask for one that faces the river
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled with family