“Don't be put off that this hotel is not in District One”

and 1 more site!
Ma Maison Boutique Hotel
Ranked #41 of 465 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed December 27, 2012

What a find this Hotel was. If you're prepared to jump in a taxi for a short ride to the main tourist area you will love this hotel. It is tucked away down a small alley which has you worried for a second but once you're at the hotel it is perfect.

All the staff are super friendly and could not do enough for you no matter what time of day it was. Breakfast was awesome every time and the food just kept coming. You MUST try their Pho Bo it was the best I've had on this trip. The Park Hyatt's was not as good as Ma Maison's.

The hotel is super clean and the rooms are just perfect, we even got rose petals on our bed EVERY NIGHT in the shape of a heart.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ChilliLOUNGE

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I'm not sure how I can convey to you how marvellous the welcome was a Ma Maison. I travel a lot. Honestly I think this may have been my favourite welcome. Form the time I called Natasha provided me with sound advice and and practical guidance. Even though I had already been in Vietnam I appreciated the extra tips and hints she voluntarily gave me...what taxi to take...how long it would take from the airport....and how much to pay. Admittedly the hotel is hidden up the laneway and you would never stumble upon it...but it is so worthwhile. They knew when to expect me (don't all hotels?!?!) and someone was at the top of the lane to greet me and assist me with luggage. Then the most civilised stress free check-in in the world. A truly personal service. Nothing is too much trouble at this delightful hotel. They made getting to meetings in a hectic city a breeze and I will return for business and pleasure. Beautiful and unique style and service. My compliments to the family for making this place so special!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Tucked away in a rather dubious street, you find this little oasis. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. They go above and beyond to help you out. The rooms are lovely and it is amazing you can feel so relaxed amidst the chaos that is Saigon traffic.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank James A
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A little tricky to find. Staff and hospitality was impeccable. Don't be put off by location, not being in district one. A taxi trip most places is so cheap regardless! Lovely two night stay. Highly recommended. Great value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Zed C
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We (two couples) vacationed in Vietnam and Cambodia in Oct-Nov 2012. We booked an AMA Waterways Mekong River cruise and a pre and post cruise tour thru Trails of Indochina. We stayed at the Ma Maison Hotel for two nights prior to flying to Hue to start our pre cruise tour. We chose the Ma Maison primarily based on Tripadvisor reviews. I feel the positive reviews are accurate and we were not disappointed. If you are concerned about cleanliness, the Ma Maison is the perfect boutique hotel. We booked Ma Maison directly via email and arranged for an airport transfer thru the hotel. When we departed the baggage claim area at approx 2300 hrs, a driver and van was waiting for us. The hotel is located down an alley, perhaps 20 yards from the main street. This location was an initial concern, but as it turns out, it was not an issue. A person from the hotel was waiting on the main street. He carried (not rolled) our luggage to the hotel. We took off our shoes and used hotel supplied slippers prior to entering the small hotel lobby. Our (signature double) rooms were very clean and more than adequate. Breakfast was included. We had the choice of a western or Vietnamese breakfast. If I were to return to Saigon, I would not hesitate using Ma Maison again. I would recommend this hotel to a friend. ATM's are available in town near the luxury stores and hotels. Special note on Saigon taxis. If we did not use the airport transfer, the Ma Maison recommend that we only use Mai Linh (tel. 38 38 38 38) or Vinasun taxi (tel 38 27 27 27). This advice was repeated by our (river cruise) tour director. Beware of knock offs, i.e., taxis with very similar names..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank activeguy88
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a 2 week trip around Vietnam. Looking for a bit of luxury this was the most expensive hotel we stayed in, by some distance. The room was nicely decorated (if a little small), and the people who run it (including the owner) are very friendly and accomodating. The main drawback is the location - it is at least a 10 minute taxi ride into the city centre, and the hotel itself is situated down a dirty, dark alleyway off the main street. From previous experience you can stay in similarly pleasant but much better located hotels in Ho Chi Minh City for half the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D77SGW
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I return to Saigon where we spent 3 night ... We were greeted with a smile from the staff. The staff is always fussing over you, you will not miss anything (which tangerine juice!) And will advise you for your displacement in saigon or any other service, and with a big smile!
The location is ideal: a small rial away from the noise and when you come to spend a day in Saigon, it's relaxing!!
Breakfast varied according to your wishes (french, english or vietnamese).
Finally the hotel, former home of a French installed during the 19th century is like new. The decor is classic and very good taste.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple