“It's simply a great family place”
Review of Cat Huy Hotel

Cat Huy Hotel
Ranked #67 of 462 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We arrived this summer and the hotel was full, but they got us an appartment just down the alley were a wounderfull lady received us and showed us the lodging - for 35 US $ / night + breakfast it was perfect. Very clean. Polite and helpful. We will certanly return next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 4, 2013

i stayed at this hotel only for one. we arrived into HCMC early and could check into our room as it was ready. Clean, spacious, all amenities, wifi, TV, fridge, toiletries, hot water, etc etc
friendly and helpful staff
centrally located in D1 and easy to find

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Windso
Reviewed April 4, 2013

It was our first trip to Vietnam and our first night after arriving. We were met at the airport(organized through the hotel) and were greeted very warmly by the reception staff. Even though it was 10pm we headed straight back out to check out the local area and loved the place. There was so much going on. The room was very comfortable for the price and the brekky was lovely. The market set up right outside the front door in the morning was really great. A great first experience in Vietnam.

Room Tip: Nothing specific that I can think of as for this price you don't expect much but I thought the s...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband & I arranged an airport transfer through Cat Huy Hotel. Our driver was waiting for us at the airport and took us straight to the hotel. We were received with a warm greeting on a side street where a lovely lad promptly took care of our luggage and showed us the way to our hotel. We arrived really early at about 9am and nothing was a problem. We had initially booked a room with a balcony but as it was not yet ready we were given the option of taking another room so we could check straight in and relax. Normally I would never take a room without a balcony as don't like being closed in, but after looking at it, we were very happy. The room was lovely and light, very spacious and clean with nice decor. While there is no elevator, it was no trouble for the staff to take our bags upstairs. This was really appreciated. They even had a teapot in the room so we could make a cuppa with our own "strong" teabags we brought from home. Good spacious bathroom also. This hotel is in a great area close to a yummy little bakery, good restaurants, the park and markets. I would definitely recommend this hotel. What I loved most was the way the staff made us feel welcome. Thanks all very much. wished we had stayed longer.

Room Tip: I get the feeling this hotel takes pride in it's upkeep and appearance especially being a family...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is situated down a quiet, narrow laneway away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Our room, albeit very clean, was quite small. All amenities working and modern. The young man at Reception (don't remember his name) is friendly and helpful, although rather shy. This is a relatively new hotel and at $30 p/night including breakfast is a good choice for your visit to Ho Chi MInh. Get up early and check out the produce in the laneway - an interesting experience.

Room Tip: The staircase is narrow so be mindful of this if arranging for a high floor room. Hotel does not hav...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Fantastic location friendly staff feels like home when you stay a few days have stayed here before and will not hesitate to stay with them again. Very quiet considering the area district 1 is full of tourists not to mention the daily life. Nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've checked-in this morning with my girlfriend and went out for sightseeing. We've got back late afternoon and found out we are missing some money. It is definitelly my mistake I left money at the hotel room and they are not responsible for any lost but anyway. Money were in the pocket of my backpack in the wardrobe and during the day was in the room only one person. Very young housekeeper who doesn't speak English at all. We did call the manager of the hotel who came after a while but didn't sort anything out. I'm not making a story and I'm pretty sure about the amount of money I have left in the backpack. The thief took just part of it. I have read a good reviews for this hotel, that's why I have chosen this one. I just want to warn other travellers, it can happen to you, so be aware of it. I usually don't have a big cash with me as I use the Visa card but because of fraudulent transaction on my account (different story) I had to cancel the card ant take a bigger amount of money from ATM beforehand. I didn't want to take all cash with me out of the hotel. The've got a "safety box" at reception but after this experience I wouldn't leave it there anyway. If you book any hotel online, avoid websites "hotels.com" as they took more than AUD$10.000 from my account. This holiday in Vietnam is really nightmare for me and my girlfriend and probably will rebook our flights and go home earlier. Good luck to everyone...

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple