“CLUB LEVEL”

InterContinental Saigon Hotel
Ranked #8 of 465 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed July 12, 2014

The club level was a perfect place to spend a night during our recent trip to Vietnam.
We were upgraded to a corner suite on the 17th floor which was a nice touch.
The room was very modern and well laid out,very comfortable bed and all the amenities you would expect from the ITC group.
Breakfast in the club lounge was great and very relaxing,well worth the extra for the club level in my opinion.
Fantastic staff,great location and superb hotel A++++.

Room Tip: Club Level rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you very much for your great review, we very much appreciate you taking time and sending it to us.

I am glad you enjoyed our Club Lounge. I agree, I find the Lounge to be a very relaxing place in the middle of a very busy city. We try to keep the food offerings as versatile as possible, as our guests come from all corners of the world.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Best regards from all of us.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a great Hotel for Vietnam. We are Ambassador members and I would like to thank the Hotel for our great upgrade to Club Level and they put us on the Club Level Floor, 19, as well. This Club is probably one of the better ones going around Asia I would think as you can virtually have dinner there if you don't feel like going out in the heat, as we did not. The range of different food each night was superb and the wine and cocktails free flowing. The staff were also very attentive.

We ate breakfast downstairs for 2 mornings as we wanted to enjoy the 'massive' spread they lay out. This is a very big wheel in the Hotel and they feed a lot of people a wide range of food each morning and looked like lunch and dinner as well.

The Hotel is nicely located, rooms very comfortable, but we did have a corner suite, bathroom up to par for the Hotel standard.

Yes, if I ever returned to HCMC, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here. Of and the Spa was excellent, don't miss if you have time. The Intercontinental Brand always do a good spa and this one is no exception.

Room Tip: Go for the Club if you can, it's great
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback and for being our Ambassador Member. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Among all the compliments, the one that I am the happiest about, is the comment about our Spa treatments as I absolutely love our InterContinental Spa massages.

I really hope you will have the chance to come back soon, for now, I am sending the best regards from Saigon.

Have a lovely day,

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I rated this review as excellent but it doesn't mean I was satisfied at all.
Excellent is: room cleanliness, room features are absolutely 5- star, everything in the room is perfect. Nothing to disappointed. Restaurant and breakfast was fantastic and variety of choices with the really good environment. Staffs always gave us a charming smile and helpful indeed.

Disappointment: we were claimed to pay for our room while our reservation stated clearly that pay by somebody else and staff let them leave without ask them to pay our room. Upon our check out they claim us to pay without paying attention to correspondence of our reservation. That is unacceptable of standard 5-star service. Hope management will look to this and make improvement.

I still recommend my friends, business partner to go there but the issue need to be fixed.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pppr_ssp

Thank you very much for your feedback and as well for letting us know about your challenge in regards to the payment.

Could I please ask you to send me the details of your reservation to my e-mail address: Michaela.Smith@ihg.com? We will certainly look right into it and see what happened.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a great hotel and very centrally located. Stay in the main hotel (not the residences) to experience the true buzz and charm of this hotel. Lovely outdoor pool as well as a great gym. Breakfast is great in the morning with a huge variety and the bar downstairs serves lovely cocktails in the evening. The room was well laid out and a good size with a modern bathroom too. The service was great and we had a complimentary upgrade to use the club lounge since it was our honeymoon as well as free wifi. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your wedding and thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. We truly appreciate it.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, thank you for the compliments on the breakfast and our service, I have passed the feedback on to our teams.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I am sending the best regards to the great city of London.

Have a fantastic day.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel was perfect in every way. The rooms spacious clean with very comfortable beds. Pillows of every size. The staff are amazingly friendly wanting to make your stay perfect, helping to suggest things to do or places to eat. Open pool area near the gym with a fabulous spa next door. I had 5 spa treatments while here. The food in the restaurants is really good, especially the italian one.
In the arcade out the double doors was a fantastic sushi place, also really good Singaporean chilli crab. Shopping a block away.
It was our 25th anniversary and they certainly helped us celebrate this by making it very special. We will return.

Room Tip: We joined their ambassador club to get a room up grade which was well worth it's we stayed 10 ni...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

First of all, congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary and we truly are happy that we had the chance to make your celebrations that little bit more special.

Thank you for your lovely review. I really have agree with you in regards to the Spa treatments. I absolutely love the massages in our InterContinental Spa. I try to go anytime the girls find an empty slot for me. Highly recommended.

Italian restaurant in the Residence side of our building is very popular. Our Executive Chef is Italian and Basilico is his pride and joy.

Let me also welcome you to the Ambassador Club, you certainly made the right decision, especially if you travel more often. I am sure you will enjoy the benefits the Ambassador membership provides.

We hope to see you back in Saigon in the near future and I am sending the best regards to Adelaide.

Have a great day and thank you again.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel seems very new and modern a lot of wood and glass materials. I was here earlier this year and I hope I will have the chance to come back. Me and my wife have spend here 3 nights and was recomended to this hotel by many internet review sites. We had a deluxe room with a nice view. The room is looking fresh and the bathroom spacious. We did not decide to go to club lounge although we were recomended because we just stayed for a short time. We had breakfast included and i must say the buffet is excellent, and the choice is big so I could always enjoy the dish i wanted. Just the coffee did not taste so nice but maybe in general the coffee in Asia is not so nice as in Italy. We never tried the lunch but for dinner we went to the Chinese restaurant because we both love Beijing duck. The portion is too much for 2 people but delicious. I enjoy the ambiance as it is clean and modern. The staff is just superb always willing to help and refill the tea so we do not even have to ask for anything, really lovley. The same evening we visited the bar which is opposite. We like it because it was not crowded and the ambiance is nice. We were very surprised and happy to see a Slovenian Manager, it was really great talking to him in our mother tounge so far away from home. He gave us some great hints with places to visit.
Finally we came to the gym and pool. Very attentive staff but the pool is a bit too cold for me, maybe it is not heated.
It should also be mentioned that the location is convenient in walking distance to the post office and church and also not far away from the main market. We were also happy that when leaving, the concierge arranged the taxi for us.
Overall we were very happy to have chosen to come here and hope to be back next year again- but then for a longer stay hopefully

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Marjan J

Thank you very much for your lovely review, I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Yes, our Purple Jade Bar Manager Rok is from Slovenia. I myself am from Slovakia, it is a shame we did not have the chance to meet in person.

I really hope we will have the chance to welcome you back next year and hopefully have a chance to meet personally.

Best regards from Saigon and thank you again,

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Beautiful room and of course a nice gym.

What differentiated this hotel was the staff especially those who open the door for the guest. They are a joy to see when you returned from a hectic business trip. Whats more is that one can see that they are genuine. This more than compensated the slow check in I had when I arrived (the manager was very apologetic and that it what counts)

Its definitely worth your money

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback, I have right away forwarded the comments to our Front Office Manager. Sincere apology for the slow check in, we have taken the note and will make sure that we work on avoiding this kind of situations int he future.

If you are coming back and need an assistance with your future booking, please contact me on Michaela.Smith@ihg.com any time, I will be very happy to help.

Best regards from Ho Chi Minh City and I hope to meet you soon in person.

Best regards,