InterContinental Saigon Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Sunny Serviced Apartment(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Somerset Chancellor Court(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Pool
Spring Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Pastel Inn Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Silverland Sil Hotel & Spa(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Xuan Huong Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Pool
May Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
2,705 results
All reviewsthe club loungehard rock cafepost officecorner roompillow menudiamond plazanotre dame cathedralexcellent hotelconcierge servicewalking distancebreakfast buffetupgraded to a suitemain restaurantmodern hotelreunification palaceopera housewould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

It's not at all an impersonal chain hotel. A very easy check-in: which is a relief after you've braved the appalling/incomprehensible Vietnamese immigration system. The hotel staff are all very pleasant and helpful-and keen to speak English.

It has a good gym with a spa, and an attractive pool and pool area to relax in after a day's walking.

Rooms very comfortable with a very good shower.

The 'club' option (giving you access to the lounge at the top of the building) is well worth the extra money, with a very good afternoon tea and happy hour. The club lounge has wonderful commanding views over the city. Also, if you upgrade, you are met on arrival, and taken through to check-in on your departure.

The public space is vibrant: the lobby bar was busy, and buzzing with life.

Importantly, it has a convenient central location: a very short walk from from the old town (it's near the cathedral).

It is also attached to a private shopping complex, so you can access an ATM very securely/privately, and get your Vietnamese Dong out.

P

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review.

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We really do not want to be an impersonal hotel, we put a lot of effort into making our clients feel home with us.

I have to agree with you on amazing InterContinental Spa treatments we offer. The massages are heavenly and truly the best in the city, if I may say so. I am a big massage person myself and try to book the massage in our hotel as often as it is possible, which is often a challenge as it is not easy to get a time slot.

Once again, thank you so much for staying with us and I am sending the best regards to a great city of London.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights on business and experienced a flawless stay. After using the hotel pick up service from the airport I was whisked straight up to my room on the 14th floor for an efficient & friendly "in room" check in with no waiting & no queue. Very much appreciated after a long journey. Check out was equally efficient.

My room was clean & large, with a comfortable bed (made with crisp, high thread count sheets) and everything needed for a convenient stay. The wifi worked well, there was a good sized desk, robe + slippers, plenty of hangers (yes proper hangers, several different types - and not the awful fiddly anti-theft variety) plus iron & ironing board in the cupboard.

The room had a spacious & spotless bathroom with a fantastic shower (great pressure & temperature), lots of big white towels & deliciously lemon scented toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower gel) plus a box of extra amenities (cotton pads & buds, emery board, toothbrush & paste and a mini-sewing kit)

The breakfast buffet offered an impressively extensive selection - with heaps of hot & cold western & asian options to chose from. Great quality bread, fresh fruits & fresh juices, and a pretty decent cappuccino to boot. The lunch buffet was similarly extensive and of high quality - but for a lighter & less expensive midday meal, I preferred the ambiance of their Italian restaurant (Basilico). The lobby lounge bar made a lovely Vietnamese ice coffee (a must try experience for those caffeine addicts with a sweet tooth!) and served great cocktails with live piano/sax players creating a bit of extra atmosphere

The staff were very friendly & helpful. The concierge helped me out with a delayed suitcase, and provided some tips on places to eat - both recommendations were great.

To celebrate "Tet" (New Year) there was a lion dance performance in the lobby and management presented guests & staff alike with a traditional "red packet" - which I thought was a nice gesture.

Having stayed in the Hotel Nikko in November I find it hard to recommend one hotel over the other - the convenient central location and breakfast buffet at the Intercon are both hard to beat, while the Nikko wins points for its stylish & opulent rooms. Both great choices.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer great views
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We very much appreciate your words.

To stay in Vietnam over Tet is definitely a great experience, Lunar New Year is hugely celebrated here and the whole nation lives one big party.

I am glad you mentioned Basilico, it is one of my favorite restaurants. Very relaxed and the food really is great.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards from InterContinental Asiana Saigon,

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our family of two adults and 3 teenage children resided in connecting rooms for 3 nights.
Very comfortable.
Gym was OK - very well maintained.
Pool was outdoors and for a big city hotel good enough for swimming laps.
Breakfast was plentiful.
We ate at the sushi restaurant in the high end food court behind the hotel. This centre included a mini supermarket, coffee bean cafe (great wraps), Hard Rock Cafe - all had free wifi, which was good as the Intercontinental charges for wifi (which was disappointing).
In centre if town - walking distance to presidential palace, war remnants museum.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

I am extremely happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Our hotel is a perfect place for the holidays as it is located right in the heart of the city.

Also as you mentioned, there is a very conveniently located shop, few restaurants and Hard Rock Cafe, which offers a great entertainment.

Thank you once again for staying with us, we are sending the best wishes and hope to welcome you back to InterContinental Asiana Saigon.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed there for the first time and was very impressed. Had an excellent hotel limo transfer from airport which very friendly driver who was genuinely happy I was visiting. he had lots of recommendations.
Check in was fairly smooth. The room was quite nice since its a new hotel. I ended up getting a twin room for some reason but the bed was big enough and I couldn't be bothered insisting on a King. Room and bathrooms were very clean and comfortable.
Staff - staff at lobby greet you and are friendly. Staff at reception are mixed, there's a couple of girls who are not friendly, very arrogant. I had to change money a couple of times and didn't hear many words or a smile or thank you. Another time I was asking about the Ambassador program and it seemed she was doing me a favour talking to me.

Breakfast - The food selection and quality were excellent. Staff were really warm too. The only issue I have is that this place is ridiculously cramped. It feels like you're in an open flea market and have to fight to move around the food stations and back to your table. Its a very poorly designed place for breakfast. there's often large tour groups and finding a space is a challenge everyday.

Shoe Shine Kiosk - there's a shoe shine guy in one corner next to the lobby cafe. its advertised in the lifts too. Nice concept and advertised as complimentary. I would walk past one guy in the mornings and he would ask me if I would like to use the service. I promised to come back later. When I finally did, he did a great job. I tipped him about $3, he seemed irate but i couldn't understand him as he spoke no English. I gave him $2 more after which he seemed better. Management - don't advertise something as complimentary if everyone's going to expect tips. If you're going to make a service complimentary, ensure it is. I have no problem in paying the money upfront but I can just as easily give my shoes for a complimentary shoe shine from my room and not deal with ungrateful staff.

Overall, likely to keep staying here because it nearby business. Its still really great pace.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your open feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and very well noted on the points you mentioned in regards to the shoe shine service and our colleagues on the Reception. We have already addressed your observations with the Head of the Department.

If you are coming back to Saigon, please let me know before your arrival. I would like to say hello in person during your next stay. My e-mail address is Michaela.Smith@ihg.com

Thank you again and I wish you a nice weekend.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The location of this hotel is great - you can easily walk to shopping and restaurants. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms luxurious. The beds are so comfy and the linens are crisp and of high quality. The bath towels are larger than me! All the staff are very professional but extremely friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend a club room, which gives you access to breakfast and evening happy hour in the club lounge. The food is absolutely delicious, and there is a huge selection every evening, as well as complimentary drinks. The hotel is definitely Asian themed, which we love when we travel to another country. This is the second time we have stayed here, and is definitely where we would stay again if we come back to HCMC.

Room Tip: Spring for the extra cost of an Intercontinental Club Room - well worth the additional expense!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the great feedback.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us.

As you wrote, our location is ideal as we are right in the center of Ho Chi Minh City, walking distance to all the major attractions.

I am glad you liked our Club Lounge. I highly recommend to all the clients to book the Club Room, it does offer more privacy and a more exclusive feel to the stay.

We sincerely hope that you will stay with us during your third stay of Saigon as well, if you need help with any arrangements before your arrival, don't hesitate to contact me on Michaela.Smith@ihg.com

Best regards from all of us,