“First class establishment”

InterContinental Saigon Hotel
Ranked #8 of 472 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Our family of two adults and 3 teenage children resided in connecting rooms for 3 nights.
Very comfortable.
Gym was OK - very well maintained.
Pool was outdoors and for a big city hotel good enough for swimming laps.
Breakfast was plentiful.
We ate at the sushi restaurant in the high end food court behind the hotel. This centre included a mini supermarket, coffee bean cafe (great wraps), Hard Rock Cafe - all had free wifi, which was good as the Intercontinental charges for wifi (which was disappointing).
In centre if town - walking distance to presidential palace, war remnants museum.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

I am extremely happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Our hotel is a perfect place for the holidays as it is located right in the heart of the city.

Also as you mentioned, there is a very conveniently located shop, few restaurants and Hard Rock Cafe, which offers a great entertainment.

Thank you once again for staying with us, we are sending the best wishes and hope to welcome you back to InterContinental Asiana Saigon.

Best regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (2,630)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed there for the first time and was very impressed. Had an excellent hotel limo transfer from airport which very friendly driver who was genuinely happy I was visiting. he had lots of recommendations.
Check in was fairly smooth. The room was quite nice since its a new hotel. I ended up getting a twin room for some reason but the bed was big enough and I couldn't be bothered insisting on a King. Room and bathrooms were very clean and comfortable.
Staff - staff at lobby greet you and are friendly. Staff at reception are mixed, there's a couple of girls who are not friendly, very arrogant. I had to change money a couple of times and didn't hear many words or a smile or thank you. Another time I was asking about the Ambassador program and it seemed she was doing me a favour talking to me.

Breakfast - The food selection and quality were excellent. Staff were really warm too. The only issue I have is that this place is ridiculously cramped. It feels like you're in an open flea market and have to fight to move around the food stations and back to your table. Its a very poorly designed place for breakfast. there's often large tour groups and finding a space is a challenge everyday.

Shoe Shine Kiosk - there's a shoe shine guy in one corner next to the lobby cafe. its advertised in the lifts too. Nice concept and advertised as complimentary. I would walk past one guy in the mornings and he would ask me if I would like to use the service. I promised to come back later. When I finally did, he did a great job. I tipped him about $3, he seemed irate but i couldn't understand him as he spoke no English. I gave him $2 more after which he seemed better. Management - don't advertise something as complimentary if everyone's going to expect tips. If you're going to make a service complimentary, ensure it is. I have no problem in paying the money upfront but I can just as easily give my shoes for a complimentary shoe shine from my room and not deal with ungrateful staff.

Overall, likely to keep staying here because it nearby business. Its still really great pace.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your open feedback.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall and very well noted on the points you mentioned in regards to the shoe shine service and our colleagues on the Reception. We have already addressed your observations with the Head of the Department.

If you are coming back to Saigon, please let me know before your arrival. I would like to say hello in person during your next stay. My e-mail address is Michaela.Smith@ihg.com

Thank you again and I wish you a nice weekend.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

The location of this hotel is great - you can easily walk to shopping and restaurants. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms luxurious. The beds are so comfy and the linens are crisp and of high quality. The bath towels are larger than me! All the staff are very professional but extremely friendly and helpful. We would highly recommend a club room, which gives you access to breakfast and evening happy hour in the club lounge. The food is absolutely delicious, and there is a huge selection every evening, as well as complimentary drinks. The hotel is definitely Asian themed, which we love when we travel to another country. This is the second time we have stayed here, and is definitely where we would stay again if we come back to HCMC.

Room Tip: Spring for the extra cost of an Intercontinental Club Room - well worth the additional expense!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the great feedback.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your second stay with us.

As you wrote, our location is ideal as we are right in the center of Ho Chi Minh City, walking distance to all the major attractions.

I am glad you liked our Club Lounge. I highly recommend to all the clients to book the Club Room, it does offer more privacy and a more exclusive feel to the stay.

We sincerely hope that you will stay with us during your third stay of Saigon as well, if you need help with any arrangements before your arrival, don't hesitate to contact me on Michaela.Smith@ihg.com

Best regards from all of us,

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Wish we'd spent longer here, would definatley recommend and go back. The staff were professional yet warm. It's in a great location, could walk everywhere. Very tasteful decor yet little reminders of where you are, wonderfully done. Food first rate and slept soundly. It is on the expensive side, but only just and worth every penny. Concierge went the extra mile when I needed a card for my camera - many thanks

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Amazing review, thank you so much.

We also wish you stayed longer, I sincerely hope you will have the possibility to come back again.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and had a good sleeping experience. That is very important.
And I will definitely pass the compliment to our Concierge.

It is Lunar New Year here today, from all of us, have a great year ahead.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I was here around 6 months ago, and it was an excellent choice of hotels then, and nothing has changed to make me alter my opinion.
The rooms were big, clean and nice, the breakfast buffet was superb, the service was excellent, and the location is central enough without being 'central'.
Looking forward to staying here again!.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Brades1966

I am so happy to hear that we manage to meet your expectations. Thank you very much for your lovely feedback.

Please do send me an e-mail before your next arrival on Michaela.Smith@ihg.com, it would be great meeting you in person.

Thank you again and I am sending warm regards to Germany.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stayed in a club room. Very spacious room. Service was great - arrived well before checkin time and they offered early checkin before I had even asked for it. Conceirge really helpful - organised bookings on some really great tours

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 439,587,934,875

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

I am sure you enjoyed the tours in Vietnam, they are a great experience and I am happy to hear that our Concierge helped to arrange them as per your expectations.

Thank you for the feedback on the Club Floor, the InterContinental Club Lounge on the 19th floor really is a great place with fabulous views of the city.

We hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in Saigon soon.

Have a great day and thank you again,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The InterContinental hotel in Ho Chi Min city was wonderful. The best thing to do is pay for the Club Membership which gives you access to the appetizers and wine upstairs from 5-7PM ( I think that is the time) I enjoyed every evening up there and met wonderful people as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your feedback. It makes us very happy.

It is true that as a member if IHG Rewards Club you get many additional benefits with your stay, e.g. upgrades, late check outs, free wifi whenever you stay with IHG hotels, air miles, etc. depending on the level of the membership.

I am glad that you are enjoying these benefits and we very much hope we will have the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Thank you and best regards from all of us.