“Excellent location, good facilities”

InterContinental Saigon Hotel
Ranked #7 of 462 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had three nights here at the start of a holiday. The standard room is a little cluttered, but the bathroom is spacious with a separate bath and shower stall. Good bathroom amenities. The bedding was marginally too hot - the dreaded duvet in conjunction with aircon that only goes cool, not cold.The all day cafe in the hotel was good, although expensive (as you would expect). Limited choices for vegetarians, but that was our experience at every hotel and restaurant in Vietnam. We used the gym each day, which has a reasonable number of treadmills, exercycles etc and a good selection of weightlifting machines. It looks onto a medium sized pool, which has one glass side facing the gym. The pool is not for the self conscious ! There is a small "mall" next door, which contains 5 or 6 restaurants and a small deli where you can buy snacks, water etc. There is an ANZ ATM round the corner of the mall too. We found we could easily walk all round district 1 from this hotel, and it is only a five minute stroll to a number of restaurants. Notre Dame and the Eiffel designed GPO are a couple of minutes away. Our only irritation was the cost of wifi. It is free in the lobby areas, but not in the rooms. What a pain. Our travel agent phoned to say she had sent us a flight change. We went down to the lobby, logged in and downloaded it. Nobody at the concierge desk would print it for us - we were sent up to the business centre. I had to log on to their wifi and send it to the BC receptionist to get it printed. By contrast, just about every cafe we went to throughout Vietnam had free wifi.....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you very much for taking your time and sending us the review.

We are happy that in general you enjoyed our hotel and its facilities. I have pointed down the areas where you experienced challenges. Together with my colleagues we will definitely deal with your comments to make sure that we improve delivered service in the future

I hope you had a good journey back to Australia and once again, thank you for staying with us in InterContinnatl Asiana Saigon. We hope to see you in the future again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed at Asiana Intercontinental Saigon on 22nd to 25th September. I was blown away by the level of service provided. I was escorted to the club lounge and the lady who checked me in was very professional and cheerful. She was very welcoming.

The staff at the lounge was very attentive but not intrusive. The lounge offers a spectacular view of Saigon River. Fantastic food selection.

Good size room and amazing bathroom. I will definitely return to the Asiana Intercontinental Saigon

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DaingSyawal

Thank you very much for your positive review, it is very good to hear that you enjoyed our Club facilities. I have to agree with you, Club Lounge is a really lovely place in our hotel.

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Asiana Saigon, come back soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Nice hotel. This is a 5 start experience. the service was outstanding the food (at breakfast outstanding. Clean and spacious rooms that are quiet and modern. I could move into this place :)

Well trained staff and international management. Outstanding facility that is easy to navigate. I woudl stay here anytime again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words, they really mean a lot to us.

I will share the feedback with our hotel team, all the colleagues will certainly feel proud hearing your comments.

Thank you again and I am sending the greetings to Perth.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

This by far and away the best Intercontinental I have stayed at. The staff went far and away above any sort of expectations, were helpful, friendly and courteous at all times. The room was beautifully appointed, with everything you would expect. Dining options were superb and prices well within reason. I would head for this hotel above any other in Ho Chi Minh.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your lovely review, it means a lot to us.

I am happy to hear that you would return and stay with us again in the future, we definitely hope that we will have the chance to offer you our services again.

Best regards from Saigon and thank you again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We spent 5 nights at the InterContinental Asiana Saigon in August and were beyond satisfied.
We stayed on the executive level (well worth it if you can afford the extra splurge) and thoroughly enjoyed all the perks - free wifi, complementary drinks and snacks through the day, as well as afternoon tea and happy hour. We ate breakfast down in the main restaurant (though there is a smaller selection available in the executive lounge) and really enjoyed the variety and quality of the food. We were a little nervous about food hygiene in Vietnam generally, but found it to be excellent in the hotel. Another highlight for us was the Peking duck special at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel.
Our room was comfortable, clean and staff seemed to always know the right time to clean/turn down/replenish bottled water, etc. Speaking of which, the staff were all outstanding - their English was very good and we were always greeted with a big smile.
The hotel itself is very well located near key tourist attractions in Saigon. It is also near amenities such as banks (the Commonwealth Bank is right next door for Aussies!) and the post office.
I would recommend the InterContinental to anyone staying in Ho Chi Minh - it was simply outstanding!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jobanoonoos
Michaela S, Director of Sales & Marketing at InterContinental Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Such a lovely review, thank you so much for taking time and sending it to us.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed Peking Duck. It is our signature dish and I have to agree with you, it is lovely.

There is no bigger satisfaction for the hotelier than to hear that you not only enjoyed the hotel's facilities but we met your expectations in regards to the service as well. We feel very proud.

Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me in case you need help with your future bookings. My e-mail address is Michaela.Smith@ihg.com

Best regards from all of us.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have been to quite a number of Hotel Intercontinental in Southeast Asia and I would say this one in Ho Chi Minh is a bit above the rest of the usual hotel in their chain. Our company would usually have them as hotel of choice, so I really don't have the specifics of the cost, but the rooms are spacious and excellently preserved. I say this because I have seen hotels from their chances that were left to deteriorate, but this remained pleasant. I'm not sure if it's just with the room that we had, but the ceiling was too low for my taste, and I felt a bit claustrophobic. The staff were excellent in their service, the food and the wine that we ordered for the conference was terrific, and the pool was huge which we really enjoyed. It was so far a very good business and pleasure experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the positive feedback.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed the Food and Beverage offerings. On your next visit, please contact me before your arrival and we will make sure that we select the room with higher ceiling for you in order to make you feel more comfortable.

Once again, thank you very much and I am sending the best regards to Bucharest.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stunning new hotel with huge rooms - was upgraded to a suite and had a lounge bigger than most hotel rooms I've been in!
Great value good location
If I'm back in Saigon this is where I would stay again

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for that review, lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I have to agree with you in regards to our Club Lounge, it really is a great space, with a lot of light and excellent views.

Thank you again and see you hopefully soon.