We had a group of about 20 that went here for high tea on a Sunday afternoon. It cost VND300,000 for two people and included:
- a choice of two teas (English Breakfast and Earl Grey) but you could only have 1 type between the two people!
- a choice of two different sandwiches (out of six options I think) per person
- sconces with cream and jam (which there was not enough of), and it was not real cream
- some small cakes
None of the food is replenished like I thought it would be (like in real high tea), we continuously had to ask for more tea and were always looking around for waitresses to take orders of other drinks. Considering there were lots of waitresses and hardly any patrons the service was terrible, the waitresses really didn't know what they were doing. The drinks totally over priced too, VND70,000 for a soft drink!
We had to wait a long time to get our high tea (some had finished theirs before others had even got their food at our table!). We were definitely not full after the high tea.
The decor and setting is nice.
I have also had high tea at the Continental Hotel in Ho Chi Minh and that was even worse than this hotel so maybe the city has just not worked out how to serve high tea.
I wouldn't go back here for high tea or to the same restaurant for other food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Saigon is an exciting new landmark in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam s commercial centre. The hotel is close to the colonial sights of Notre Dame Cathedral and the Old Saigon Post Office, a few minutes from famous landmarks like the Reunification Palace, City Hall and the beautiful Opera House. Guests can enjoy some of the city s premier shopping in the same complex. The InterContinental Residences Saigon with 260 luxurious apartments is next door. Personalized service awaits guests in each of the 305 elegantly-appointed rooms, including 19 suites and a stylish Presidential Suite. Pillow-top bedding and floor-to-ceiling windows will create unparalleled grandeur and an inviting space for a relaxing stay. Tan Son Nhat International Airport is a 30-minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Saigon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Asiana Saigon Hotel Ho Chi Minh City