“Dining at Benh Thanh market HCM (AN MY RESTAURANT)”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of An My Restaurant

An My Restaurant
Ranked #1,291 of 3,147 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Singapore
“Dining at Benh Thanh market HCM (AN MY RESTAURANT)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

My Vietnamnese friend brought me to one the the popular night dining places at Benh Thanh market. The name of the restaurant is called An My. There were only two of us. I am an asian male and my partner is a small built viet girl. They were barbeque fish outside the restaurant which smelt very goodthat made us decide to eat at the restaurant.

We ordered the barbeque fish, fish soup and some clams. When our order arrived our barbeque fish was 16inches in length totally overcooked and tasteless. When our fish soup arrived they brought another whole fish also about 16inches in length raw and prepared to be boiled at our table.

I do not think there has been any mis-communications with our order as my friend ordered in vietnamese. We ordered a bowl of soup and was served a pot of soup enough for an entire family.

We spoke to the captain but he made no effort to change the order and insisted we pay for the fish since it was already cut.

Any decent service personnel with any common sense would know how can 2 people possibly eat so much fish. He should also have advised us that they served the soup in family sized pots and not single size bowls.

Even our neighbouring tables thought it was ridiculous. One table also remarked there was enough fish to feed an entire vietnamese family.

This would definately be my last time I ever eat anywhere within the Benh Thanh area which is suppossedly the tourist district.