“It's Okay I guess”

Sanouva Saigon Hotel
Ranked #47 of 461 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed December 28, 2011

There are many many hotels in HCMC, little ones, tiny ones, big ones. There is nothing special about this little hotel. Room is clean and modern, good size for HCMC standard,but ours was overlooking a crowded alley and I could see someone zipping up her pants from the house across the hotel. The location is within walking distance to Pham Ngu Lao, but only if you are fit and ambitious. Service was quick and friendly. I was disappointed by the fact that the free wifi cannot be detected by my blackberry, rang the help line and was told the IT guy went home already, and that occurence was common. So I was there expecting to be bbm ing my friends back home, so I was bummed. The only highlight was the hawker food next to the hotel, (there is a tiny alley at the left) that sold noodle soup with beefballs for 30.000 dong. It was great, and the experience of sitting there on the bench with the locals was priceless. Well, if you get good bargain then it's a hotel worth trying, but do browse around , there are many many other good choices

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
ManagerSanouvaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sanouva Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Dear Madam,

Warmest greetings from Sanouva hotel,

It is our honor to having a chance to serve you at our hotel recently.

Your feedback is our valuable property to help us to improve our service better to you as well as our future guests.

We are trying to improve our technique assistant service by extending their working hour to help our in-house guests with their mobile device.

On the occasion of New Year Eve, we wish you best wishes and happy new year.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I chose this hotel based on the many positive reviews I read on Tripadvisor. I was so happy I did. It was in the perfect location. We were able to walk nearly everywhere in Ho Chi Minh City. We were literally right up the street from the Ben Thanh Market. The front desk staff was very helpful and pleasant. We had a room on the top floor. They gave many great suggestions for tours and restaurants. The hotel itself was very clean and cozy. The sheets smelled fresh as daisies. The bathrooms were modern and spotless. The free breakfast was adequate and tasty. The free wi-fi came in handy for checking emails and flight schedules. I would definitely stay there again. A great deal too!

Room Tip: Ask for the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I had unpleasant experienced in HCM City, snatched with my passport inside my bag. But fortunately, the hotel staffs were very helpful by took me to the police station, as the police there don't speak English. And they were very friendly, i did not feel like staying in a hotel. It was a- house of a friend- feeling indeed. Good job, Sanouva!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 499rara
Reviewed December 16, 2011

When arriving stayed with 2 friends in a triple share room. Not much space but room was in good condition and they changed my matress immedietly when i told them it wasn't as comfortable as the other 2 beds in the room. Service was great, ironed my clothes straight away and brought to my room in 5 minutes for a very cheap price they also provided us with an eski when wanting to drink beer in the lobby and also made me a special tea when I got sick I want to know how they made it taste so good!!! I also used the laundry service... the smell of the clothes was awesome that I want to know the secret behind it. If i travelled to Saigon again I would deffinetly consider staying at Sanouva again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hospolicious
ManagerSanouvaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sanouva Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for your nice comments to our hotel!

It is very kind of you to share your experience at Sanouva hotel to our future guests.

We are very delighted to welcome you and your family back to stay in our hotel.

Best wishes to you and your family on Christmas Day and Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Great base for your Saigon stay as its so close to Ben thanh markets. Service was markedly better at this hotel than other 3star Vietnam hotels we've stayed at and the rooms had as much room as a traveller would need and well laid out too.

Bathroom was modern and also well laid out which I've found is surprisingly hard to get in the 2/3 star hotels in this area, eg a&em bathrooms are terribly laid out and usually end up in shower water being sprayed over most of the floor.

We would have stayed there our entire Saigon stay had they had rooms available. Good safe choice and such easy walking distance to around town, with great food within 200m radius.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Travels_to_eat00

Warmest greetings from Sanouva hotel,

Thank you very much for your experience sharing to our future guests.

We are very proud of being your reliable choice and we will try our best to be your choice for next trip to Ho Chi Minh City.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family

Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed here twice while traveling through Vietnam. The hotel is in an ideal location for walking around the the city. The first time we stayed there we had a room on the 8th floor and the second time we were on the 6th floor. Both rooms were nice basic boutique-style rooms with 32-inch flat screen TVs, modern bathrooms, and windows with plenty of natural light. We paid $60/night booked through Agoda during the first stay and $65/night the following stay. The breakfast buffet, which had a very nice selection of coffee/tea, juice, fruits, cereal, and an assortment of regional food specalities, was included in the price. WiFi was also included. Each floor has its own wireless router, so there's a fairly strong WiFi signal in each room. The hotel's laundry service was reasonably priced, very professional, and finished within a day. There was also a different dry cleaner/laundry service around the corner, near Truong Dinh and Le Thanh Ton, that was cheaper and you could pay by the kilo, but their service took a minimum of 2-3 days turn-around. The only thing the hotel room lacked was a clock... but that wasn't that big of a deal.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Leganitos23
ManagerSanouvaHotel, Public Relations Manager at Sanouva Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Warmest greetings from Sanouva hotel,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback to our hotel.

Your review is our valuable property that will help us to improve our service better and better.

We hope that our hotel will have another chance to serve you better in the next time to Vietnam.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

We found this hotel on TripAdvisor and were very happy with our decision. The staff were very friendly and informative. They also had street vendors that served the best banh Mi sandwiches. Very central location next to the market. We also received an e mail from them thank us for staying with them. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Peter P
ManagerSanouvaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Sanouva Saigon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2011

Warmest greetings from Sanouva hotel,

Thank you very much for your support and nice feedback to our hotel.

We hope that Sanouva hotel will be your choice for next time to Vietnam.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas to you and your family