“Mid priced hotel in the Japanese Area that uses fragrances in the lobby and lifts.”

Asian Ruby Luxury Hotel
Ranked #156 of 454 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Hotel in a quiet area but busy with shops, restaurants and spa services that are located along the main road. It is quiet and clean here in the hotel and on the street outside. Korean convenience store along Thi Sach Street open till 10pm. It's a hotel to sleep in, have breakfast, surf the Internet on your laptop or get some work done online. Need a tour? Book it across the street or go to the jetty for a river cruise. Also I'd book a stay here when I want to party at the night club down the street and walk back to crash into bed. I like the bed, the breakfast and the room if it has a real view. Not the ones facing out to the 1 metre wide alley with a view into the hotel room in the neighboring hotel. No privacy there with an open window so you would have to use the blackout curtains for the whole stay. Other than those rooms. It's where I hang out. But I'd rather book the suites, as I'm used to the Asian Ruby Hotel Chain suite decor in Sai Gon.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in August 2013 and unfortunately it wasn't great. The staff were very friendly and we were upgraded to their top suite which was a nice perk to get, however if our room was the top one I dread to think about the bottom superior ones. Our bath wasn't clean, the toilet rolls were dirty, the tv reception rarely worked on either tv, the lamp was sparking during the night, and overall we just didn't feel particularly comfortable. The breakfast was not wonderful although it did cater for a number of nationalities which was good. Lastly, the lift only goes as high as floor 10, when the restaurant is floor 11, which we did find funny :)

Nothing was dreadful, but we were glad to leave at the end of our stay. A few small improvements could make this a much nicer place to stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lloyd J
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel as we were part of a school tour group (25-30 of us in total).
The first night was fine, the hotel is in a good location, so we went out and explored the markets, i brought many items ranging from lighters to sports gear. There is so much variety in such a small area. I slept well. To be fair, we didn't spend much time at the hotel, apart from at night.
Our second night there was different. It was after a home stay at a near by village, My Tho. When we got back, most of us were craving western food, so we went to the nearby pizza hut. Like I said before, the hotel is in a fantastic location. Couldn't have been better. However, once I got to my room my mate called shotgun on the comfy bed. I had to sleep on a stretcher which was hard as rock. You could feel the individual springs. I decided to sleep on the couch, while I did not sleep particularly well on it, I slept better than i would have, had i slept on a bed of springs.
So, just to clear this up. When i rate the sleep quality "poor", that is my experience, had I had a bed I'm sure I would have slept much better. But I didn't.
Breakfast is alright, they have fantastic brownies, but the coffee tastes like tar.
The internet is good, fast and easy to connect to.
There is no pool, which is a bit of a downer after walking through the humid streets of Saigon.
All in all, a good hotel, had it no been for the cursed bed of springs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Large lobby area, waiting with comfortable sofa to surf/emails on their Free excellent Wifi. Great meeting with small cosy place to meet for snacks or light drinks.
Yes, Corner suites (ending 01, 03) are large (3 singles beds) and sunny depending where the sun rises or set. The rooms with single, queen or king size beds are suitable for singles or couples, The breakfast spread includes continental, fruits, cereals, sausages. bacon, eggs, fresh milk, the list goes on and with eastern porridge, fried noodles, chicken wings, tim sim (too many to mentioned) to local choices.
Room services are great for those who prefer the lazy and honeymoon types to relax and recreation, do your own thing and time is all yours to spend "In No Hurry land"..
Great price and reasonable charges, dependable on the type of rooms one chosen. Enjoy while you there, mentioned my name Frankie (Singapore) to Lucy she will take care of you.
We are sure to there for our October Golf Trip again.

Room Tip: Near to most 3,4 & 5 stars Hotels, Excellent tourist spots,well known hotels are just around the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Frankie2727
England
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This Hotel is in a good location , and an easy walk to the main shopping streets etc, On entering the Hotel the foyer is spacious and clean and we were welcomed by freindly staff,
However the rooms and other public areas of the Hotel, breakfast room etc, just seemed a little tired, a touch of paint here and their would make alot of differance , along with tidying up a few loose ends like wires protuding from walls and loose fittings in the shower etc. Our stay was okay , but that is all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank boris47England
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Me and my family loved the hotel so much as they are so friendly and caring. We have a nice and spacious room with a big double bed and an extra bed and lots of fresh fruit in every day. a nice stay to get out of the rocky noisy saigon

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hanhkerchief N
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have stayed here a few times now and each time it has been great. The staff remember us and greet us like family.our favorite receptionist is bee, we cannot thank her enough for her care and kindness.i wish we had service like that in oz. The deluxe rooms are great value for money and the location close to the markets means you can dash out for regular little trips which helps when it's really hot. The breakfast is basic but the coffee shop on the corner is lovely so try that out if need a good coffee. Recommend this hotel and will stay here next time in ho chi Minh City

• Stayed June 2013