“Good hotel”

Ranked #111 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Melbourne, Australia
“Good hotel”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was my second stay, took a suite room which was large but being at the front fairly noisy, would recommend a room at the rear which are also large. Staff very friendly especially at breakfast. Bathrooms need updating as looking pretty used. Location is good in the business district and little less hectic than up near the Ben Thanh market , still an easy walk to everywhere.
Went several times to the KL spa which is at one of the other hotels in the group, complimentary taxi provided, the spa was excellent, good prices and wonderful service.

Room Tip: Quieter at the back
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Helen L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Carshalton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. The staff at check in and throughout our stay were friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 9th floor. The very tiny lift only goes up as far as 8 floors so if you don't like stairs make sure you stay on the lower floors.

I had been worried from previous reviews about lack of windows. We did have a small one in our room so I was quite relieved by that. The room itself was comfortable but on the small side. The bathroom was clean and had a big corner bath and shower. Our room was cleaned daily.

Breakfast was ok. The bread was really sweet though which was a little off putting. Location wise, there are some good places to eat and drink well within walking distance. The Sky Tower is directly opposite the hotel. We went for a drink at night to check out the views from the bar on the 52nd floor. It was nice but very very expensive!

On balance, I wouldn't choose to stay here again but I think it's a good choice for people on a budget.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I had stayed at this hotel several times and had some very good times.
However the last time the manager Huu Anh 'played about' with my room: I was booked for quite a long stay and one day travelled to Vung Tau leaving my belongings in my room. The manager (without my permission) moved my things and re-rented my room! Incompetently he did not check the wardrobe, and several very expensive polo shirts were lost. I challenged him many times but he did not have any idea what to do.
The following day I heard a guest ask for his room key (which was the room I previously had) and asked him if I could check the room. Luckily and because the guest was honest, I eventually found my lost clothes.
The manager sacked a bell boy as a result of this which was unfair, as it was the manager's incompetence and improper behaviour that caused this.
The manager has a bad habit of blaming his very good staff and I am sure that the owner is unaware of what is happening. Staff turnover is far too high. Problem is the manager, not the staff.

Room Tip: Make sure the manager does not re-rent your room if you travel. Do not listen to the manager: "...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank AppleAdam
New Delhi, India
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Its a bit far from the main attractions of Saigon but within a 5 minute driving distance. The hotel is average in terms of facilities but is comfortable enough and the relative affordability more than makes up for it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Really nice stay! Its central and the service is very good! My friend and i have been backpacking through vietnam and we have stay at loads of cheap hostels, this is nothing like that! This is everything we needed after a long trip. Its clean and the rooms are just about the right size.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
London, UK
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Not one of our best hotel experiences!
All the hotels selected for our trip through Vietnam were good to excellent. This is the one that was a big disappointment to us.
It is well located next to the Sky tower in District 1. That is probably its best feature.
As many boutique hotels in Vietnam are described this is a very thin frontage 9 storey (or so) building and as a consequence the rooms are small (at least the three we saw were).
We were shown to room 302, which was just about enough room to place a small double in. It had no windows nor did the tiny en-suite. We both experienced the insides of the Chu Chi tunnels without too much claustrophobia but one minute in this room prompted us to ask for a change!
After viewing a couple of other rooms we upgraded to a room on the seventh floor. It was larger, had a view to the rear but was in poor repair.
Within a short while of moving into this room, late evening, the door lock jammed trapping my wife in the bathroom. After spending some time trying to free her I called down and two obliging young men arrived, obviously concerned, with a tool bag and tried but also failed. After being trapped for 20 minutes my wife moved as far away from the door whilst the young men took it in turns to shoulder the door open. Leaning against the dated corner bath/shower caused it to come away from the wall, which was an accident waiting to happen.
Needless to say sleeping on it, we decided to move out first thing in the morning. Sadly, the reception staff were not too gracious as I paid for the ‘upgrade’ and left.
Maybe we were unlucky but this is a budget hotel with facilities that were not to our liking.
Breakfast was Vietnamese fare with little international options. It was served in a narrow ground floor room.
Just check you know what you are getting at this hotel before you book.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three nights and booked it as Silverlands Hotel (there are a few hotels by same name but it is the same hotel same street address and have checked all photos and saw my exact room) Anyway the hotel, staff and location were great - clean rooms and all facilities including restaurant/breakfast room were of a high standard. From reading the review posted by a traveller from Japan (assuming this as he mentioned the dispute was over pre-booking the Grand Suite paid for 3months earlier in Japanese Yen) - all I can say is - maybe expectations a little high for $85 per night for 3people in a suite or possibly next time stay at an up-market hotel chain that offers 'consistency across international borders/numerous countries' - then you get what you pay for' - just a thought. I also have the business card of the manager of this hotel and spoke with him during my stay of 3days - yes a male so was surprised you mentioned 'Jessica' the manager who apologised about your issues at check-in. I have nothing but praise for this hotel and the manager and his staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo