“Surprised”
Review of Dau Homemade

Dau Homemade
Ranked #1,338 of 5,153 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Description: Dau Homemade includes a chain of diners that specialize in "bun đau mam tom" (fermented shrimp paste with deep fried tofu and rice vermicelli) and other Hanoi's specialty. The word "homemade" not only means the freshness of the dishes, but also aims to bring customer the feeling of authenticity as they are enjoying the meals in the atmosphere and culture of Hanoi - the capital of Vietnam.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was great and for the price, tofu was excellent, good view of the street and food came out fast.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Yesterday was my 3rd visit to this restaurant, over several years and several trips to Ho Chi Minh. Discovered it by just walking past it on my first trip. Its jaunty yellow facade attracted me. Sit by an opened window and watch the world goes by while you eat. Have tried a variety of dishes on the menu.. stuffed escargot, fermented pork, fried soya bean cake, etc.. always been happy with my choices - chased down with real mulberry juice. Reasonably priced.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed February 23, 2019 via mobile

We went to this place by accident. It was close to our hotel and we were looking for vegetarian stuff. The tofu made by the Dau was the best I've ever had in my life. Crusty from outside, creamy inside. Tasty even without any sauce. We got nice table on 1st floor on the little balcony, with the view on the street and gentle breeze. Prices were also quite low. I fully recommend!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 12, 2018 via mobile

The price seem quite expensive for Bun Dau. I had a dish was so good but I can’t remember its name maybe Cha Com. It’s really delicious. I like it.
Bun dau isn’t my favorite. The shrimp sauce wasn’t mixed so I took time to make it fit with my taste instead of fixing a little bit.
The staffs were friendly and fantastic. They can bring so many trays in their hands. Good service.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

The smell is very good but chilli. Food is very local I guess. My friend brought us here first to have the first meal! At the beginning, the taste and smell is too overpowering but the I had a good mix with the vegetables and other ingredients, turns out to be very delicious sgd savory!

Date of visit: July 2018
Tín L, Public Relations Manager at Dau Homemade, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Thank you for your review for Đậu Homemade,

We are really glad that you had such amazing experience at Đậu Homemade. Hope to serve you even better next time!

Best regards,