Northern Hotel Saigon
$168
InterContinental
Great 4.5/5
Caravelle Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$307
$296
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$109
$92
  • Pool
Hotel Nikko Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$108
Great 4.5/5
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$130
$102
Trip.com
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Duc Vuong Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$33
$28
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
The Reverie Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$248
$240
Excellent 5/5
Park Hyatt Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$294
$288
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$189
$185
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
Sherwood Residence(Ho Chi Minh City)
$153
$147
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsopera housewithin walking distancerecommend this hotelquiet streetnice hotelthree startour groupbreakfast was includedper nightwi fistar hotelconvenient locationstandard roomreunification palacemini barmain attractionspost office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Nice place to stay - pleasant staff and good rooms.

This place was recommended to me and I found their advice correct. It is well located. We enjoyed HCMC though it is not a place you want to stay for a long time.

Will stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle F
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Michelle F,
Good morning from sunny Saigon!
Thank you very much for your positive comments regarding Northern Hotel. Our team always looks forward to every comment submitted by our guests. A lovely comment like this is catalyst to continuous improvement of the delivery of our products and services.
Your patronage and loyalty are very important to us. We hope you can visit Northern Hotel Saigon again in the not so distant future.
Kindly let me know if I would be of your any further assistance.
With my best personal regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We found the hotel quite luxurious. The family suite was enormous, very clean and quiet. Good value for money. The only problems we encountered was the lack of interest shown to guests by staff. Our only stay in Vietnam where hospitality was lacking. Breakfast was lovely. Great location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Robyn R,
Xin Chao!
Thank you very much for your great comment about our Northern Hotel Saigon on Tripadvisor, extremely room, location and buffet breakfast, I will surely share with all my staffs on next meeting, lovely comment like this is a great motivation for us to continue offering the excellent service as we are always focusing on.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back soon and please feel free to email personally and we shall assure your booking is all in good order.
Best regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very nice hotel. Not far from anything. Staff terrific. Manager, Mr Thanh, very pleasant and friendly. My friend had stayed there a number of times on business trips and he is pretty fussy. Room always clean. Would go back everytime.

Room Tip: End room looking towards river best view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Richmojp,
Xin chao!
Warmest greetings from Northern Hotel Saigon!
My Team joins me in thanking you for staying the Northern Hotel for your recent trip in Ho Chi Minh City. I am more than happy to hear that the hotel looked after all your expectation, and your comments in regards to our staffs and nice room. It is certainly our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.
Once again, I thank you very much for staying with us and your comment on Tripadvisor. We would be pleasant to welcome you back here when visiting to Ho Chi Minh City in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Arrival at the hotel is encouraging reception seems effective first. The rooms are cramped against poorly soundproofed and construction is 4 meters from the window. It will take several intervention for connection to the Internet and the best solution is to go to reception to utillisier one of three positions available to guests. The bedding is good. The breakfast is served in a room resembling a refectory without comfort, the furniture is basic. By against the terrace bar is nice and gives a good view over Saigon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel P
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Daniel P,
Xin chao!
My Team joins me in thanking you for staying the Northern Hotel Saigon for your trip in Ho Chi Minh City.
I am very pleased to hear that the hotel looked after your needs well, and your comments in regards to our room, buffet breakfast and staffs, it is surely our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.
With best personal regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The rooms on the 11th floor are very quiet. A plus point. Unfortunately the rooms are very old and shows many signs of wear and tear. Shower head stand semi broken, Bathtub shower water is inconsistent throughout. Hot and cold at irregular intervals.

Housekeeping is average but sloppy at times.

Buffer breakfast at restaurant was limited but acceptable quality. No egg live station, which many saigon hotels have/.

Most of reception & service staff were polite & friendly, except for 1 nosy bellboy, who ask me inappropriate and rude questions.

(In Saigon, its best to avoid talking to the bellboy at all. Most of them are always with preying eyes, especially on pretty women).

Room Tip: High floor, if you love quietness.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LorenzSingapore

Dear Lorenzsingapore,
Xin chao!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Northern Hotel Saigon. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations but please rest assured that your constructive feedback is very important to us.
My valued guest, please be aware that the Hotel has it egg station as located in the kitchen to hide it smelt, we just show the sample on buffet line, and guest will order for personal serving, let’s try it for your next stay 
Regarding to bellboy staff, I will take action for next management meeting, they would be warned in working behavior.
Hence, I am happy that the Hotel location and reception staff could find you well.
Hopefully you will give us another chance next time you are visiting Ho Chi Minh City and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can assist in any way.
Yours sincerely,