“Great stay”

Northern Hotel Saigon
Ranked #112 of 468 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Very nice hotel. Not far from anything. Staff terrific. Manager, Mr Thanh, very pleasant and friendly. My friend had stayed there a number of times on business trips and he is pretty fussy. Room always clean. Would go back everytime.

Room Tip: End room looking towards river best view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Richmojp,
Xin chao!
Warmest greetings from Northern Hotel Saigon!
My Team joins me in thanking you for staying the Northern Hotel for your recent trip in Ho Chi Minh City. I am more than happy to hear that the hotel looked after all your expectation, and your comments in regards to our staffs and nice room. It is certainly our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.
Once again, I thank you very much for staying with us and your comment on Tripadvisor. We would be pleasant to welcome you back here when visiting to Ho Chi Minh City in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Arrival at the hotel is encouraging reception seems effective first. The rooms are cramped against poorly soundproofed and construction is 4 meters from the window. It will take several intervention for connection to the Internet and the best solution is to go to reception to utillisier one of three positions available to guests. The bedding is good. The breakfast is served in a room resembling a refectory without comfort, the furniture is basic. By against the terrace bar is nice and gives a good view over Saigon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel P
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Daniel P,
Xin chao!
My Team joins me in thanking you for staying the Northern Hotel Saigon for your trip in Ho Chi Minh City.
I am very pleased to hear that the hotel looked after your needs well, and your comments in regards to our room, buffet breakfast and staffs, it is surely our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back soon and please feel free to email personally and we shall assure your booking is all in good order
With best personal regards,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The rooms on the 11th floor are very quiet. A plus point. Unfortunately the rooms are very old and shows many signs of wear and tear. Shower head stand semi broken, Bathtub shower water is inconsistent throughout. Hot and cold at irregular intervals.

Housekeeping is average but sloppy at times.

Buffer breakfast at restaurant was limited but acceptable quality. No egg live station, which many saigon hotels have/.

Most of reception & service staff were polite & friendly, except for 1 nosy bellboy, who ask me inappropriate and rude questions.

(In Saigon, its best to avoid talking to the bellboy at all. Most of them are always with preying eyes, especially on pretty women).

Room Tip: High floor, if you love quietness.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LorenzSingapore

Dear Lorenzsingapore,
Xin chao!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Northern Hotel Saigon. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations but please rest assured that your constructive feedback is very important to us.
My valued guest, please be aware that the Hotel has it egg station as located in the kitchen to hide it smelt, we just show the sample on buffet line, and guest will order for personal serving, let’s try it for your next stay 
Regarding to bellboy staff, I will take action for next management meeting, they would be warned in working behavior.
Hence, I am happy that the Hotel location and reception staff could find you well.
Hopefully you will give us another chance next time you are visiting Ho Chi Minh City and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can assist in any way.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 5, 2014

northern hotel is our one night stay. The rooms are slightly small but top class finishes. Bed was very firm and comfortable. Bathroom compact but classy finishes. Front desk and services all well refined. Would recommend to a friend. We stayed at start of tour, so did not have a lot time use facilities.

Room Tip: All rooms appointed well
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear k247,
Xin chao!
I am very pleased to hear that the hotel looked after your needs well, and your comments in regards to our room and staffs, it is surely our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back again soon and please feel free to email personally and we shall ensure your booking is all in good order

Best regards

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in a suite following a free upgrade.

Suite was very spacious with a nice view over the city from the 7th floor.

Staff were spot on and wifi was fast and reliable. Breakfast in the morning was very good for a 3 star hotel.

Location was also very good, with many good restaurants and bars only a short walk away.

No issues with smoking or the air con as mentioned in other reviews.

We would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear RiciB,

Xin chao!
I am very pleased to hear that the hotel looked after your needs well, and your lovely comments in regards to our staffs, location, room and breakfast…etc, it is our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.

With my personal regards,

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here in October, my room was clean, the breakfast was adequate and all meals were generally good. If there were one bad points, the reception staff did seem a bit cold at times, and could have been better, and the view out my window was straight at the hotel next door. Good points, my room was very nice and quiet,wifi in room was very good staff were friendly and helpful, apart from reception, but maybe I caught him on a bad day.. I will stay here again on my next visit..

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, make sure you request a smoking room, otherwise you may find it very hard to ch...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear Steve C,

Xin chao!
Warm greetings from sunny Saigon.
My Team joins me in thanking you for staying the Northern Hotel Saigon for your recent holiday in Ho Chi Minh City. I would like also thank you very much for your kind comments here on Trip Advisor, it is surely our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.
With best personal regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had a pleasant time at this hotel. Clean and tidy conveniently positioned in District 1 near the famous Apocalypse club. Breakfast is decent but not top of the range. In room visitors are allowed not later than 9pm which could be a problem for someone but not for all.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank mbadanai
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Mbadanai,

Xin Chao!
Thank you very much for your comment about our Hotel and the extremely room and location. I will be sure to share these with all my staffs. Lovely comments like these as a great motivation for us to continue offering the excellent service we are always focusing on.
Regarding to visitors, especially Vietnamese Lady should not be allowed to visit guest room after 9:00pm, please understand us that this is Government policy, all Hotel has to execute in anyway, it is not Northern private rule, I am sorry about this might cause you inconvenience.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the nearest future.

Kind regards,