“Location is close to action center but quiet enough”

Northern Hotel Saigon
Ranked #112 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Singapore, Singapore
“Location is close to action center but quiet enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The rooms on the 11th floor are very quiet. A plus point. Unfortunately the rooms are very old and shows many signs of wear and tear. Shower head stand semi broken, Bathtub shower water is inconsistent throughout. Hot and cold at irregular intervals.

Housekeeping is average but sloppy at times.

Buffer breakfast at restaurant was limited but acceptable quality. No egg live station, which many saigon hotels have/.

Most of reception & service staff were polite & friendly, except for 1 nosy bellboy, who ask me inappropriate and rude questions.

(In Saigon, its best to avoid talking to the bellboy at all. Most of them are always with preying eyes, especially on pretty women).

Room Tip: High floor, if you love quietness.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LorenzSingapore
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Lorenzsingapore,
Xin chao!
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Northern Hotel Saigon. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations but please rest assured that your constructive feedback is very important to us.
My valued guest, please be aware that the Hotel has it egg station as located in the kitchen to hide it smelt, we just show the sample on buffet line, and guest will order for personal serving, let’s try it for your next stay 
Regarding to bellboy staff, I will take action for next management meeting, they would be warned in working behavior.
Hence, I am happy that the Hotel location and reception staff could find you well.
Hopefully you will give us another chance next time you are visiting Ho Chi Minh City and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can assist in any way.
Yours sincerely,
dobd@northernhotel.com.vn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

northern hotel is our one night stay. The rooms are slightly small but top class finishes. Bed was very firm and comfortable. Bathroom compact but classy finishes. Front desk and services all well refined. Would recommend to a friend. We stayed at start of tour, so did not have a lot time use facilities.

Room Tip: All rooms appointed well
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear k247,
Xin chao!
My Team joins me in thanking you for staying the Northern Hotel Saigon for your trip in Ho Chi Minh City.
I am very pleased to hear that the hotel looked after your needs well, and your comments in regards to our room and staffs, it is surely our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back again soon and please feel free to email personally and we shall ensure your booking is all in good order

Best regards
Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in a suite following a free upgrade.

Suite was very spacious with a nice view over the city from the 7th floor.

Staff were spot on and wifi was fast and reliable. Breakfast in the morning was very good for a 3 star hotel.

Location was also very good, with many good restaurants and bars only a short walk away.

No issues with smoking or the air con as mentioned in other reviews.

We would certainly stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear RiciB,

Xin chao!
I am very pleased to hear that the hotel looked after your needs well, and your lovely comments in regards to our staffs, location, room and breakfast…etc, it is our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.

With my personal regards,
Kyabram
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay here in October, my room was clean, the breakfast was adequate and all meals were generally good. If there were one bad points, the reception staff did seem a bit cold at times, and could have been better, and the view out my window was straight at the hotel next door. Good points, my room was very nice and quiet,wifi in room was very good staff were friendly and helpful, apart from reception, but maybe I caught him on a bad day.. I will stay here again on my next visit..

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, make sure you request a smoking room, otherwise you may find it very hard to ch...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Steve C,

Xin chao!
Warm greetings from sunny Saigon.
My Team joins me in thanking you for staying the Northern Hotel Saigon for your recent holiday in Ho Chi Minh City. I would like also thank you very much for your kind comments here on Trip Advisor, it is surely our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back soon and please feel free to email personally and we shall assure your booking is all in good order
With best personal regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had a pleasant time at this hotel. Clean and tidy conveniently positioned in District 1 near the famous Apocalypse club. Breakfast is decent but not top of the range. In room visitors are allowed not later than 9pm which could be a problem for someone but not for all.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank mbadanai
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Mbadanai,

Xin Chao!
Thank you very much for your comment about our Hotel and the extremely room and location. I will be sure to share these with all my staffs. Lovely comments like these as a great motivation for us to continue offering the excellent service we are always focusing on.
Regarding to visitors, especially Vietnamese Lady should not be allowed to visit guest room after 9:00pm, please understand us that this is Government policy, all Hotel has to execute in anyway, it is not Northern private rule, I am sorry about this might cause you inconvenience.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the nearest future.

Kind regards,
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Northern hotel was a decent yet pleasant stay. I must say a few things did disappoint me but i wasn't going to let it ruin our stay.

I would highly recommend this place once it was up and running, but during our stay there was far too much renovations/noises happening. Having seen that this hotel was equipped with a gym as well as a skydeck bar we were sold, but upon arrival we found out that they were renovating the entire 11th floor.

I believe that they were understaffed during our stay, and couldn't get the service we want.

All in all, i was content with what we got, the rooms were adequate.

My personal feed back would be to ensure that every is notified of these renovations in the future as it does turn people a bit sour.

There buffet breakfast were delightful which was a positive.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Anthony S,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Northern Hotel Saigon. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
My valued guest, in synergy to improve our excellent services, we have renovated the meeting room on 12th floor, and it made a little nit noise upon you arrival (it takes around 4 hours), I am again sorry for this issue might cause you inconvenience.
We are working towards improving our operation and your feedback are a valued source of information. Indeed your comments will be discussed on our next operation meeting in order to provide an appropriate training to our staff to keep up their standard.
Hence, I am glad you enjoyed our room, especially the buffet breakfast. Lovely comments like these as a great motivation for us to continue offering the excellent service we are always focusing on.
I hope that you will give us one more opportunity next time you are visiting Ho Chi Minh City and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can assist in anyway.

Best regards,
Tran Duong Tan
sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

As part of a group this was our introduction to Ho Chi Minh City.We had booked a quiet,non smoking room-we had read previous reviews about the outside noise and the smoking on non smoking floors.The front office reception staff were cold and uninterested and clearly dont like tourists.The room was maybe ok-great view of a wall and a window we couldnt see out of. The noise aspect of furniture being moved on the floors above has been addressed somewhat-but the smoking hasnt-we were awakened at 1 30 am with smoke coming into our room- out of the air conditioning vent-the air conditioning is at the best of times ineffective.

In the am the breakfast buffet was poor and the coffee undrinkable.To finish off the experience of the Northern Hotel they then went on to rip us off on the mini bar bill.

Room Tip: Use trip Advisor to stay some where else in Ho Chi Minh City.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank richard t
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Richard t,
Xin chao!
First and foremost, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on the TripAdvisor review. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations but please rest assured that your constructive feedback is very important to us. We are delighted to see that you had given us the chance to improve our service by given the constructive comment on each point. As well as your kind words will be passed to our Housekeeping and Front Office team for their friendliness and professionalize service.
We are working towards improving our operation and your views are a valued source of information. Indeed your comments will be discuss on our next operation meeting in order to review and provide an appropriate training to our staff to keep up their standard.
We hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to Northern Hotel Saigon, when your next visit in Ho Chi Minh City. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Wishes you and family a health & happiness!

Warmest regards,