Northern Hotel Saigon
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$176
$120
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Blue Diamond Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$44
$41
  • Breakfast included
Rex Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$165
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$130
$102
Trip.com
  • Pool
Windsor Plaza Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$89
$69
Agoda.com
Grand Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$143
$96
Trip.com
$106
$89
Agoda.com
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$110
$102
Travelocity
$87
$78
$54
$40
All reviewsopera housewithin walking distancerecommend this hotelquiet streetnice hotelthree startour groupbreakfast was includedper nightwi fistar hotelconvenient locationstandard roomreunification palacemini barmain attractionspost office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 3 nights at the end of our trip arround Vietnam. We picked this hoteldue to its good location and value for money (also good review in Lonely Planet). Our room was a northern suite, very large and had a jacuzzi on the bathroom, but in any case there was no luxury feeling at all. Breakfast was OK excluding the coffee that was terrible. Staff was very helpful and kind.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna0211
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Anna0211,
Xin chao!
Warm greetings from sunny Saigon!
Thank you for taking the time to write your experience at the Northern Hotel Saigon. I am pleased to hear that your overall stay with us was satisfactory and trust that you have enjoyed the comforts of the Hotel.
Anna0211, after checking with F&B department regarding to your comment to our coffee, I am sorry about this since it did not make you happy, nevertheless, please understand us for this case due to we have some constructive idea from guests that our coffee is too strong so that the Hotel should make it weaker.
Anyhow, we will surely learn the way to meet all guest expectation and beyond.
Last but not least, I appreciate you sharing your concerns and experience.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a Travel Indochina package. Good location, walking distance to most places. Perfectly well appointed rooms. Good breakfast , helpful staff.
Very quiet , coupdnt hear any street noise.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MichelePtLon
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear MichelePtLon,
Xin chao!
Good morning from sunny Saigon.
Thank you for your message here on TripAdvisor. I am more than happy to hear that the Hotel looked after all your expectation, and your comments in regards to our staffs, good location, quiet room…etc
We do hope to be able to welcome you back again soon and please feel free to email personally as we shall ensure your booking is all in good order
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visited last year at the end of July/early August 2012, had enjoyable stay, the staff were so helpful and friendly. Appearances of staff were always good, well groomed. My room was great, I had no problems. The restaurant was good as well had nice meals there. would stay there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: My room was excellent suited me for the purpose of my visit
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
David-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Urly58model,

Xin Chao!
Thank you very much for your lovely comment on Northern Hotel Saigon, extremely friendly staffs, room and breakfast. I will surely share your feedback with all my staffs on the next meeting. Great comments like these as a great motivation for us to continue offering the excellent service as we are always focusing on.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the nearest future.
Kindly let me know if I would be of your any further assistance.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Lobby was small and more 3.5 star level. Checkin was ok, elevator was slow. No aircon in elevator or hallway in the rooms. Room assigned was huge, king bed with a sofa set that can sit 3 persons. Bathroom had a large round jacuzzi. Overall room was functional, clean and large. Aircon was ok.

Breakfast was good but not much selection, mostly asian choices.

Overall, good value for money. I paid less than 90 usd per night and my laundry cost 6.66 use!!! and I had quite a bit of clothing.

Location is great in district 1, and the main shopping area is just round the corner.

Good stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Northern Hotel Group Traveler,
Xin chao!
Good morning from sunny Saigon.
Thank you for taking the time to write your constructive comment on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that your overall stay with us was satisfactory and trust that you have enjoyed the comforts of the Hotel.
My valued guest, in synergy to raise our Hotel in a higher level and meet all distinguished guest’s need, we did the renovation in June/2013, the Hotel maintained air condition system, changed all wall paper in room, corridor and lobby, changed mattress cover…etc This may cause you inconvenience when you are in lobby without cool & fresh wind.
At present, everything in perfect condition, and we are already to welcome you back in the coming time, to show you how new we are now.
Again, I appreciate you sharing your concerns and feedback on your experience and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Kindly let me know if I would be of your any further assistance.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here after it being recommended by Lonely Planet. HCM City was our last destination in Vietnam and on arriving from an early flight we were charged $30 for early check in, which we had not encountered at any of our other hotels. Considering we hardly seen any other people during our stay I felt the fee was unjust as the room was clearly not occupied the previous night.

Our room was stifling hot when we arrived and we had problems with AC going on and off throughout our stay. The hotel advertises a roof top bar, which was closed on our first night and when we went up on the second night it was very grim with no lighting/ music, and the bar girl looking like she would rather be elsewhere. The general unfriendliness of reception staff was not what we experienced with other places.

I would recommend somewhere a little more friendly with a pool to cool off after a hot HCM City day.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OsloSquare
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear OsloSquare,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Northern Hotel Saigon. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your comments are very concerning. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments in further detail with you, so that I may be able to follow up appropriately. My contact details are below and I would be delighted to hear from you.

Tran Duong Tan