Northern Hotel Saigon
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aquari Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Ho Sen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
Mai Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Restaurant
Good Vibes Boutique Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Bach Dang Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
View Hotel
HoSen Boutique Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
Dien Luc 2 Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Restaurant
Saga Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
A&Em Hai Ba Trung Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsopera housewithin walking distancerecommend this hotelquiet streetnice hotelthree startour groupbreakfast was includedper nightwi fistar hotelconvenient locationstandard roomreunification palacemini barmain attractionspost office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Centrally located hotel, says it's a premier boutique hotel - Mmm! We reported a leaking bath at least 3 times and nothing was done so we had to dam the side of the bath wih several towels. Not recommendable!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ScreenName55
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear ScreenName55,

Xin chao!
Greetings from sunny Saigon and thank you very much for taking the time to publish a review on TripAdvisor. It is through these comments that we are able to aim for a high standard of quality and service.
I would like to apologize for not being able to provide you with the efficient yet pleasurable experience you may expect, and I am sure that your feedback will be raise up to the next staff meeting to be improved.
Once again, thank you again for sharing your experience with us and should you have any plans to return to Ho Chi Minh City, please do let me know if there is anything I can assist with.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Lovely home away from home, with convenient bar, restaurant and complimentary breakfasts, and a well run tour desk. The staff are so friendly and treat you beautifully as though you are family. Nicely situated close to everything in district 1, walking distance easily! But amazingly quiet of street noise being off one of the main streets. Well done staff, we would certainly come again and recommend you highly!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Girl-travelbug
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Girl-travelbug,

Xin chao!
Good morning from sunny Saigon.
It is great to read your lovely feedback on Tripadvisor. My Team joins me in thanking you for staying at the Northern Hotel for your recent trip in Ho Chi Minh City. I am very happy to hear that the hotel looked after your expectation, and your comments in regards to our staffs, nice location and buffet breakfast.
We do hope to be able to welcome you back soon and please feel free to email personally and we shall assure your booking is all in good order

Reviewed March 9, 2013

A very nice central hotel. Deluxe room was spacious, clean and had all the necessary supplies and amenities.We also liked its restaurant where we had dinner the 2 nights we stayed there. A large variety of food in breakfast.Many shops and restaurants pn the back street of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimtraj
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Jimtraj,
Xin chao!
Warmest greetings from Northern Hotel Saigon!
Thank you very much for your kind review and so pleased that the Hotel looked after your every need.
We would be more than happy to welcome you back here when visiting to Ho Chi Minh City in the near future.
Kindly let me know if I would be of your any further assistance.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The Northern Hotel is lovely - from the street the entrance looks impressive, welcoming and classy, especially as it has a similar looking hotel right next door, both with identical massive potted trees and stairway - with doorman at the ready to open the spotless glass door for arriving visitors. Once inside, the Northern hotel reception area is luxuriously decorated, shiny and pristine. The reception was pleasant and efficient and we were shown to our room promptly. It was a very pleasant corner room, filled with light streaming through corner windows, and although not spacious, it was well furnished and comfortable.
The first warning sign that there was trouble ahead was to find the corridor full of cigarette smoke when we came out of our room on our way out. I saw some business men puffing away whilst sitting in their suite with the door wide open. On our way out I spoke to the receptionist and she assured me that the floor was "non smoking" and they would advise the smoking guests of this fact. When we got back to the hotel later there was no cigarette smell.
But that night at 11:04pm precisely, I was woken from my sleep by a strong pungent odour of cigarette smoke pumping into the room via the air-conditioning vent! I called reception and they sent up a fellow in overalls with a bucket and a can of scented "air freshener"! The lack of English language skills caused confusion and there was nothing to be done except wait for morning...
But there's more! Not only was the room filled with malodorous cigarette smoke, causing my sinuses to swell up, the person upstairs decided to start shifting their furniture about! For hours I heard chairs and whatever being scraped across the wooden floor! Then at 2am I could hear a bath upstairs filling up for a long time. At 3am I could hear splashing in the bath; then I heard it being emptied - and yes, I heard the water gushing down the drain.
But that's not all! I was also being disturbed by noise outside in the street! A person was selling hot buns from a bicycle in the middle of the night, advertising her presence with a very loud, very annoying recorded voice screeching out a jingle very time she rode past. I doubt if she sold anything because she rode past every 8 minutes without stopping; plus there was no one visible in our street. It stopped at around 3am.
Needless to say, with the smoke, the scraping furniture, the bath and the hot bun bicycle I got no sleep that night and I was glad when the sun came up at 6am and I could begin the day by asking the hotel manager to move us to a quieter room on a genuinely non-smoking floor.
He was most concerned for our comfort and promptly organised for us to stay in a suite on a higher floor at the back of the hotel. It was a lovely, much bigger room and quiet to begin with - however, next morning at 6am I was awoken by banging and scraping from the room upstairs - people packing and moving out... and smoke was again coming in through the air conditioning vent! We left Ho Chi Min city that day, so thankfully I did not have to endure another night in that hotel.
It's a shame that the Northern is a lovely hotel but seriously marred by the inconsideration of some guests who will smoke and make a racket just because they are up, with no thought of other guests who may be trying to sleep at night. If the Northern adopted a strict no-smoking policy [because the 'non-smoking' floors idea clearly doesn't work with their poor air-conditioning system] then I would certainly stay there again. However, it's up to them to entice a clientele of guests, not just accommodate noisy, smoking inconsiderate ones.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lee S
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Lee S,
Xin chao!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Northern Hotel Saigon. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations but please rest assured that your constructive feedback is very important to us.

Regarding to your comment about the smoke in room, I am so sorry for my staff mistake that gave you the smoking room. Hence, after receiving your feedback, we immediately do action by changing and upgrading you to our VIP room. My valued guest, please sympathize us for some case, even we inform guests upon check in that their room are non smoking, nevertheless, they smoke sometime, surely we make up and treating room very carefully after that, however, a sharp person could find out smoke in the air. This is the reason you still smell the smoke in somewhere else.

Regarding to the leg of chair causes noisy in room, our engineering has fixed by changing new rubber button already, so everything has done Mr. Lee S.
I hope that you will give us another chance next time you are visiting Ho Chi Minh City and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can assist in any way.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed for a few nights in February. Apparently had issues in our booked room the first night so they had us stay down the street the first night. Airport transfer just sent us straight there. Great hotel. We checked in the next day. Staff very friendly, rooms were great. Handy location in District 1. everything we wanted to see was within walking distance.
Breakfast was fantastic with Asian and Western options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Garry5988
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Garry5988,

Xin Chao!

Warmest greetings from Northern Hotel Saigon!

Thank you very much for your nice comment about our Hotel, extremely the location, staffs and buffet breakfast. We will definitely forward your great feedback to our staff on the next meeting, and I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to all of us.

If you have any plan to return to Ho Chi Minh City, please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can assist with.