Northern Hotel Saigon
Harmony Saigon Hotel & Spa(Ho Chi Minh City)
$75
$63
  • Breakfast included
Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa(Ho Chi Minh City)
$103
$78
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$143
$96
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Plaza Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$98
$85
Agoda.com
New World Saigon Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$136
$120
  • Pool
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$237
$196
Orbitz.com
$195
$115
$97
$85
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
$113
$100
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Renaissance Riverside Hotel Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
$141
$138
  • Restaurant
All reviewsopera housewithin walking distancerecommend this hotelquiet streetnice hotelthree startour groupbreakfast was includedper nightwi fistar hotelconvenient locationstandard roomreunification palacemini barmain attractionspost office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here in March for 5 days as part of a golf package. The hotel is in a great location only blocks from from the center of town. Hotel is loated on a small street so no problem with car and truck noise. A number of very nice small restaurants were within a 10 minute walk. An easy walk to things like the night market. Rooms were clean and staff helpful. Will stay there again if I am going to Ho Chi Minh City.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chipperhigh2
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear George K,

Xin chao!

Good morning from sunny Saigon.

My Team joins me in thanking you for staying the Northern Hotel for your recent holiday in Ho Chi Minh City. I am more than happy to hear that the hotel looked after all your expectation, and your comments in regards to our helpful staffs, good location, quiet room…etc, it is certainly our endeavor to ensure each Guest has a relaxing and memorable stay with us.

We do hope to be able to welcome you back soon and please feel free to email personally and we shall assure your booking is all in good order

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed in the Northern Suite for six nights. I had pre-arranged to be met at the airport as this was our first time in Ho Chi Minh City.But no pick up. So we waited, with some of our holiday hopes a little quashed. Still no pick up from Northern. Some of the airport staff noticed that we had been there for a while and phoned Northern for us, whereupon we learnt that there had apparently been an "accident" and that is why there was no pick up.

The same airport staff arranged transport for us, and at the appropriate price.

No apologies to us upon check-in for such an inconvenience, as if oblivious to the situation. Maybe a face-saving exercise.

The Northern caters mainly to Korean business men, with a smaller sprinkiling of other typoes of guests. The Northern Suite is pleasant, spacious, functional.Great view of Ho Chi Minh City. However dont have the one one in the corner as above it is the minimal gym, so one late evening was punctuated with someone running heavily on the treadmill.Fortunately it wasnt used very much.

The welcome plate of fruit arrived sometime during the first night when we had already gone to sleep, simply thrust into my hands with some giggling from the room attendants..

So, a very odd and unprofessional arrival.

However, from thereon much improved. Staff were always friendly, especially those at breakfast, and ready to assist with information or small details to do with the room. Room was always clean and beds made when we arrived back after each day.Bathroom was clean. Beds firm but comfortable (although I can sleep deeply anywhere). Fresh plates of fruit left in our rooms throughtout our stay. Breakfast as included in the price was great: extensive choice of eastern and western menus. But not cooked to order (one angry and demanding patron insisted to have his eggs cooked the way he wanted them, staff jandled him very professionally and calmly). The dinner menu isnt that great though, but there are plenty of very fine places to dine nearby.

Gym is minimal.

If not for the intial clumsiness I'd have rated the experience much higher.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor corner Northern suite as the gym situated directly above it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark J,

Xin chao!

Warmest greetings from Northern Hotel Saigon!

Thank you very much for your constructive review and so pleased that the Hotel looked after your every need. I am sorry to hear that our airport service did not meet your expectation. After having staff meeting, I would like to clarify this issue as followed:

We – the Northern Hotel co-operates with Online Travel Agents to sell the room only. On the remark of the Hotel facilities, we take note that the Hotel has airport pick up service, of course guests have to book to the Hotel directly if they have any special request, please be aware that we do not co-operate with Online Travel Agent about the transportation. This is the reason why the Hotel did not receive your pick up order, even you have written down when reserve booking via our partners website.

Once again, I am so sorry about this matter might causes you inconvenience, and look forward to have one more chance to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Kindly let me know it I would be of your any further assistance.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We spent a night here during a whirlwind visit to HCMC. The location is right in the heart of the city and we could walk across to the Opera House and other sights. The rooms were clean and functional. The breakfast spread was not too bad although it felt strange looking across at another breakfast being served at the next door hotel! I have no idea about the tariff since this was part of an all-country package.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Kollaparambil,

Warm greetings from sunny Saigon and thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Northern Hotel. I am pleased to hear that your overall stay with us was satisfactory and trust that you have enjoyed the comforts of the property

I also thank you for your comments regarding the quality of service from our great location, breakfast and clean room, I will be sure to share these with all my staffs. Lovely comments like these as a great motivation for us to continue offering the excellent service we are always focusing on.

Again, I appreciate you sharing your concerns and your positive comments on your experience and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is not a terrible place, but you can do a lot better for the money in Saigon. We stayed in the Northern Suite --- room was nice BUT: 1. Air conditioning automatically goes off in the middle of the night (every, single night) and you wake up in a hot sweat, then realize there is no air conditioning and have to phone the desk or try and re-set it yourself. 2. Couch was filthy and stained. Size of room was good. Breakfast: adequate. Stick with the chicken pho. Spoke with the Manager of the hotel before we checked out re: two issues above and unless it was my imagination, he did not seem too interested in what I had to say. Saigon has a ton of options and you can do a lot better for the money you put here.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room on the 11th floor near the karaoke.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gary_TO_12
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Gary_TO_12,

Xin chao!

Good afternoon from sunny Saigon!

Thank you very much for choosing the Northern Hotel as a place of resident for your trip to Ho Chi Minh City, it is highly appreciated.

My valued guest, I am glad to see our breakfast, room size and the location looked after you.
Regarding to the air-conditioner and the couch, we are so sorry to hear that it may causes you inconvenience. Please be aware that during your stay, the Hotel has to fix and change the power source, this may cause the air-conditioner system auto reset when the power go up or down (the issue just happen to some room only), even in case you are not happy with assigned room, we can change to another one immediately, as I promise you before check in that you are afraid of the noise from Karaoke room, we can give you a privilege to chose your ideal room until it satisfies you, but in real, you can see upon check in that the Northern Hotel has no Karaoke type in their own Hotel, the noise might come from some neighbor restaurants when they celebrate the year end party, and of course up to now it went away already.

Once again, I thank you for your constructive feedback on Tripadvisor, I am sure that your comment will be presented on the next staff meeting, it is surely a health contribution for us during the process to become a perfect choice of guest to stay in Ho Chi Minh City.

We would be more than happy to have one more chance to welcome you back here when visiting to Saigon in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place is right next door to an identical hotel -- the developers literally used the same blueprints. Different management. So as you eat breakfast, you look across to a mirror image breakfast room but with different people eating a different breakfast. Kinda surreal. Rooms are fairly small though that did not bother me. Elevators are microscopic. Breakfasts pretty decent, service very nice. Clean. Decent plumbing. Much more expensive than anywhere else in Vietnam, but a fair price for the area. Nicely located.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have nice panoramic views, lots of windows.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Tan-Northern, Director of Business Development at Northern Hotel Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Joeblitzflick,

Xin chao!

Warmest greetings from Northern Hotel Saigon!

Thank you very much for your kind review and so pleased that the Hotel looked after your every need. I am sorry to hear that our room is small with you, but glad to see our breakfast, room facilities, staff services shined and looked after you.

My valued guest, please be aware that the Northern Superior Room (standard room) is 30 square meter, plus we have 100% room with large window, five star pillow and mattress, this is also our selling point. Just for your information, in the Saigon city center, the average room size of standard room is at 24 or 26 square meter, so I hope with our decent rooms, we can meet most of expected client points.

Once again, I thank you very much for staying with us and your comment on Tripadvisor as well. We would be more than happy to welcome you back here when visiting to Ho Chi Minh City in the near future.

Best regards,