“3-day trip - fantastic guide”
Review of Vietnam Bike Tours

Vietnam Bike Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vietnam Bike Tours® - a family-run company Climate change. Ride a bike. In 2010 company founder Ngo Trong Huy started Vietnam Bike Tours in Ho Chi Minh City with just three secondhand bikes and a determination to build a first class cycling tour company in Southeast Asia. Now more than one thousand cyclists each year ride with Vietnam Bike Tours on cycling holidays in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Malaysia and Singapore. With a passion for cycling across Southeast Asia, in Sep, 2017, Ngo Trong Huy, moved his family to Yangon, Myanmar. Huy’s move to Myanmar is the next step in building Vietnam Bike Tours and offering cyclists yet one more amazing Asia destination. Ride with us in exotic Myanmar (Burma).
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Together with three friends, I went on a three day trip to the mekong delta with Vietnam Bike tours in january. The guide (Luck Nguyen) was very good. Going through the "hidden" parts of the delta, the small roads, in a suitable pace (fast - we wanted a good work out); we got exactly what we wanted. The homestay was quite an experience! I'd definitively recommend it; the company in general, and Luck in particular. I would love to come back for another tour, seeing more of Vietnam.

Gabriella

3  Thank GGrepe
vietnambiketours, Manager at Vietnam Bike Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2014

hello GGrepe

in 10 reviews
"cu chi tunnels"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2014

Just finished 10 days cycling the back blocks of Vietnam and up into the North East Mountains with 8 other friends. The experience was mind blowing, it was hard with many long climbs but the country side was some of the best I have experienced. Joe and his team were fantastic, they did everything possible to make our trip a success and modified the rides on most days so that those who wanted to do paved road riding could and the others could take the more country road/single track. We had some long days in the saddle but at the end of the day we always had a hot shower. The beds were a little hard but that's Vietnam and all part of the adventure. The trip exceeded all my expectations and I really enjoyed the adventure. I am 65 and have travelled to Africa and South America and I rate this Holiday as one of the best ever. Value for money 10 out of 10.

3  Thank leneva

hello leneva

Reviewed November 23, 2014

We did 6 days through Mekong Delta and had our minds blown repeatedly as we met and interacted with local people, enjoyed amazing meals, saw beautiful scenery, and got the real flavor of life on the Mekong Delta. Our guide, Tan, was like a great friend showing us the country he's passionate about, and showing us all the sights off the beaten path. I can't recommend this enough.

3  Thank Dan A

hello Dan A

Reviewed November 22, 2014 via mobile

No way you can do it so efficient but on a bike. It is a huge city. What would take you 3 or four days you can do in 1 day on a bike. It is very humid and hot so getting the breeze as you bike makes it easy to see many places. Guide Sang is nice and friendly, knows his way around and will lead you safely through the seemingly chaotic traffic of millions of motor bikes of all sorts. So if your time is limited and you wish to have a good feel of the city (which is completely flat) take a bike tour.

4  Thank Shahar K

hi Shahar K

Thank you. Many people got worries but not risk as thought!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 19, 2014

our guide arrived promptly and greeted us in typical friendly Vietnamese style, hour long drive out of Hanoi in air conditioned bus. Started off in a little village, it would have been nice to stop for the occasional picture, But I feel our guide would have done if I'd asked. But being so hot, and enjoying the ride we continued, just love the way we would take detours down new roads our guide hadn't seen before. He would ride fast on occasion, but if you are a regular cyclist, then even if unfit like myself, not a problem. But be prepared for Vietnamese traffic!
Always interested in explaining things to us, we cycled through the rubber plantation, our guide asking the way from time to time ...I know some folks may be worried by this, but at No point were we concerned, the support car was always nearby. We stopped for coffee and water, in fact our guide was sure to make us stop for rests in shade. The mix of roads on and off was good. Ku chi tunnels tour was good, but I'd have liked maybe a little longer there. Again, I'm sure if I'd asked our guide he would have done this. The meal aboard the boat was fabulous and even though no vegetarian meal was initially available, a huge selection of vegetarian dishes were provided. Apart from the tip we gave at the end we paid for nothing during the ride. Overall a good experience. I'd not advise it for small kids or people who are unfit. Best in small groups of similar fitness level. Great guide, good English, open honest and attentive. Very good! Not awarded that final star purely because this was my first cycle ride in Vietnam and having nothing to compare against I felt this was a fair score.

2  Thank Graeme C