“very clean and quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #130 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Perth Australia
“very clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

We stayed at the Kim Hotel for four nights in MArch and were very pleased. Airconditioned, quiet rooms ( by comparison to other hotels we stayed in during our trip) very clean, separate bathroom, minibar fridge (Beers a S1) very good booking service for day trips etc. Lots of eating choices nearby

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ChrisgPerthAustralia

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2010

I arrived here with airport transfer quite late at night and quite exhausted. Upon arrival, the staff were rude and pretty much took me to my room, opened the door and said Bye. Not at all very welcoming and the vibe I got was that I was somehow of a hassle for them.

The room itself was overpriced for $17, and had the HARDEST bed known to mankind! I didn't get much sleep, had a quick shower the next morning and all my stuff got wet. For a few dollars more, you can find a much better quality room.

When I told the Ms. Kim I was checking out she seemed unimpressed and swiftly asked if I drank anything from the fridge, then over-charged on the beers I drank.

Do yourself a favour and find something better!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank redglitter
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2009

Kim hotel is tucked away on an alley in the main backpacker area in Saigon. It's a pretty basic place in the style of the area which is a tall and narrow building with no more than a couple of rooms per floor.

The rooms themselves are clean and nicely kitted out with all the essentials. The staff were really friendly and helpful and are happy to sort out your travel etc and will tell you the best places to visit. The best feature though is the location which is near all of the traveller cafes and the city centre, markets etc

For a budget hotel you could do a lot worse than this place.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DandS77
sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2009

We (4 of us) stayed here in Jan 2009, and was pleasantly surprised by the price, location and friendly service. They organised transfers from the airport...which may have been a little more than a taxi, but it was hassle free. Free internet, helpful staff, clean rooms and situated right in the midst of things. I have recommended people to stay here, and I am heading back to Vietnam in Feb 2010, and heading straight back to Kim Hotel.

Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

I stayed here with my mum, my almost two year old, and my four year old. The place is in the heart of things, and very happening, however because Kim's is off a side street it is very quite at night (with the kids we didn't go out late, and had massive days so we needed sleep). We were suprised at how large our room was, and the service was fantastic. I organised a few trips at the front desk, which were amazing value, and loads of fun. (to the Cuchi Tunnels, and a two day trip to the Mekong Delta). Kim and her family made us feel so welcome, and the family atmosphere was great for my two kids. Next door we ate breakfast which was superb omelettes made as you sit there on fresh rolls for about $1 Australian! Delicious and cheap! But there are a million restaurants around for all manner of budget and all style of food!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Houthalen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

Great hotel in the midle of everything. Friendly staff, clean rooms.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2009

I stayed at Kim Hotel for two nights in late August, 2009. The hotel arranged to have a driver pick me up from the airport for $12. I have a feeling that it would have been cheaper had I taken a cab but I didn't want to deal with the potential hassles, especially after 30 hours in transit and arriving at 11pm. The medium-sized room itself was basic but adequate. The air-conditioning worked well, but the mattresses were on the hard side. The bathroom had a toilet-shower combo that resulted in most of the bathroom getting wet when I used the shower. There was also cable TV in the room and free internet downstairs. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel offers an expensive breakfast, but there are plenty of options near the hotel, whether you are looking for a cafe or street food (which was very good).

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo