“Exceptional service and very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seventy Hotel

Seventy Hotel
Ranked #173 of 447 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Exceptional service and very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I booked this accommodation for my trip to HCM with my wife. We were very well looked after by the entire staff and Ms Hang who is very helpful. The accommodation is very central, clean and very reasonable. I will definitely be staying here again when I'm back. Altaf

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here for almost 3 days it was almost perfect! the location was great in the middle fun and exciting sceneries. The hotel place was perfectly safe coz the police station,(i guess) was just beside the hotel. Has a 24/7 mini stop and groceries, spa, bars, resto. I would like to commend the receptionist Huynh Van Binh for welcoming us warmly providing us what our request and needs, greeting us politely and letting us know and reminded us that it was our departure flight back to Manila haha! Over all staffs are friendly and accomodating. We almost forgot that its our time to go back home because we felt that we're home in Ho Chi Minh and the hotel.
Will surely go back and stay to this hotel the next time will visit Ho Chi Minh.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Wheng G
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were a family with two little girls who cried when they had to leave this hotel as they loved it so much!! The hotel manager was amazing, all the staff were friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. We have now stayed at this hotel twice and would definitely recommend it to all of our friends. It isn't the most glamorous of hotels but is well worth every penny, near to all amenities and in the back packer district, it was perfect for us.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
La Spezia, Italia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

i had a wonderful staying here in Saigon...very well located, the staff was more than helpful (especially the guy with glasses)
!! , room clean...rich breakfast...
i suggest to everybody who wants to have a nice staying here in Saigon

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I spent seven nights at the Seventy hotel, right at the end of a six-week trip.

The location was perfect for me and, I suspect, would be for many others. Right in the heart of the backpacking district, but within easy walking distance of some great attractions and restaurants (including the Ben Thanh market), and close to the main bus station.

I stayed in two different rooms. Both were very nice, and even the one that overlooked the main backpacker strip (Bui Vien) wasn't noisy at all. The first room I stayed in didn't have any windows or sources of natural light (a consequence of the long and narrow ways in which many buildings are designed). I didn't find this to be a problem, but some people do - worth checking at the time of booking if so.

The breakfast served each morning was very nice and there was a good selection of foods to suit most tastes. If it's not your cup of tea there are loads of places within a two-minute walk.

The hotel reception area houses a desk where you can book tours etc. to local attractions. I booked two (half a day to the Cu Chi tunnels, two days in the Mekong delta, including an overnight homestay) and both were excellent value for money, and very well organised.

For me, the best thing about the hotel, was the staff. I was greeted on arrival with a complimentary glass of juice (particularly welcome after a 14-hour bus ride), and from that point on, every member of staff continued to be unstintingly helpful and friendly. The receptionists would always ask if I'd had a good day, or if I'd enjoyed my tour, and they were happy to offer advice about good places to eat, drink, visit, buy things, and so on. The hotel were happy to hold on to my luggage for two days after I'd checked out (I was on the Mekong tour), and they arranged transport to my next hotel.

I could say more, but in summary I cannot recommend this place highly enough. After my stay here I spent two nights in a five-star hotel about 20 minutes away, and I can honestly say I wish I'd had an extra two nights in the Seventy Hotel. I will be going back to Vietnam next year, and I will be booking early here!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank feedmybongos
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The location is as good as it can gen in Saigon, it;s right on Bui Vien St, in walking distance to Ben Thanh market.
We staid here for 2 nights and it is perfect for a short stay. The room was clean, well furnished and the bathroom was very basic (shower in the middle of the bathroom) but clean.
The staff was very helpful and always available to explain something of attend us.
We very much appreciated the Tourism Agency at the entrance, NAM VY travel, very good prices and the manager, a very nice and smart Vietnamese lady, speaking very good English, was always ready to help us and explain everything we wanted to know.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andreea555
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

The hotel is great location at Bui Vien St. . You can eat a lot low price food at here also walk to travel and shopping at Ben Thanh market for any Vietnam's souvenir and you can walk to Saigon plaza not far from Ban Thanh market for buy cheap bag at block 41B (rigth of the plaza) and you can exchange the money for a good rate prefer Pham Ngo Lao St.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple