“great location”

Ranked #171 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Hangzhou, China
“great location”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

the hotel has small but clean room, great location, very friendly and helpful staff who gave a good half day introduction, fine breakfast and fair price. hotel can also provide car service to the airport at $10 which is fair price. Had a nice stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

OK room, we only wanted somewhere for 2nights as we decided to extend our stay in Saigon. We complained about the leaky loo, they happily gave us extra towels to mop the water, but it was a 5 towel a night leak!! We had booked a tour for early the first morning & had to wake up the staff @ 6.30 am for breakfast, they took so long we had leave without, not bad seeing it was supposed to be served from 6 am!! We were going to tote our laundry down the street as it was a third of the price, but silly us we thought we would get a better service from the hotel, so we paid the extra and still got ripped off, the clothes were barely dry and not pressed we didn't find this out till we got to our next hotel the next morning and unpacked. All in all a bad 2night extension to the earlier 3 night stay we had in a bigger more expensive hotel. I could not recommend this place to anyone without embarrassment. It is possibly the worst I have ever stayed in.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The hotel is really simple, but has everything that we need. The staff are really friendly and helpful. You can ask everything that they will help you and give some tips, all of them speak english.

The best thing is, it`s located in the city, in the middle of the backpackers area, with a lot of restaurants and bars, however you can sleep like a baby because it`s completely quiet inside the room.

One friend of mine recommend me and I recommend you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Luanaabdul
Melbourne
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

+ strong aircon (although very dirty inside the indoor unit)
+ clean and modern room
+ extremely friendly and helpful staff (english speaking)
+ tour desk in hotel with friendly and helpful staff (I booked via them: the 1/2 day cu chi tunnels tour for 131,000 + 90,000 dong entrance fee and the 1 day mekong delta floating market tour for 367,000 dong and both were fantastic!)
+ enjoyed the free breakfast (you can pick from toast or fresh roll with jam, butter and/or cheese, bacon and eggs and also get a drink such as an iced coffee and a banana
+ I arranged an airport pickup through the hotel and my driver waited even though my flight was delayed an hour
+ good location (not down any dark and narrow alley ways, although my room did look onto one)
+ mini bar with cheap drinks (there is two convenience stores within 50m of the hotel that are cheap but well presented) and a kettle but no iron
+ flat screen TV with a range of cable channels
+ elevator for those on the higher floors
+ regularly cleaned and toiletries topped up
+ good bed (although it was firm but I prefer firm beds) with clean sheets and pillows and no springs in my back or the like
+ good location and lots of restaurants and bars in the street and surrounding area
+ my bag was carried to my room for me without asking
+ the shower was hot and high pressure

- wet bathroom with shower head almost over the toilet and in the morning there was always puddles of water in the bathroom (I assume the drain over flows).
- no inroom safe or cupboard with lock which was a major let down for me (although reception happily minded my valuables in a locked draw at reception)
- at times I could not connect to the wifi and it was slow (noticed at breakfast that I wasn't the only one with this issue), although there were times when it was very fast and they do have desktop computers available at reception
- loud construction next door for long periods of time (there was no prior notification)

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Brennan S
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hotel is located along busy Bui Vien St (backpacker central) - great location, walking distance from museums, markets, etc. At night, it becomes noisy outside but inside our room facing the street, the noise level is just okay. But the best thing about this hotel is the staff - they went out of their way to buy me Saigon beer late at night when I can't find one in nearby convenience stores. They also let you take a shower even if you're checked out. Breakfast is decent, rooms are clean. I bet you can find cheaper hostels in the area but if you want good value for your money, go for this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Wow, very good hotel, we originally booked a room with there sister hotel just around the corner, but they were full, so asked us if we minded using seventy-one instead.
We had a private double, with AC, TV, hot shower and includes a very good breakfast, with a choice of bread, eggs, fruit, toast, bacon, juice............. etc
Fantastic location, on the main backpackers road, with restaurants, shops and bars.
We will be staying here agin.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James W
WHangTruong, Owner at Seventy Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear James W,

Warmest Greatings from Seventy Hotel Ho Chi Minh.

On behalf of our all staffs. Thank you very much for posting your lovely review on TripAdvisor. It has been our pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us for your trip in HCM City. We're really happy and appreciate it.

We hope to be able to welcome you back for next trip.

Best regards,
Ms Hang Truong & Staffs.
Seventy Hotel Ho Chi Minh.
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for one night, then i decided to stay another night in Saigon. Unfortunately the hotel was booked but they have a Hostel 2 nearby and drove me with the motorbike there, very helpful. When I arrived back from the mekong delta there was a room in the Hotel and they brought my backpack back to the hotel. The service was great, the staff was very friendly and polite and spoke good English. The location was also great, in the middle of the Main street. Enjoyed my stay here and would recommended this hotel to everyone who is staying in Saigon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mariekje1981
Dear mariekje1981

Warmest Greatings from Seventy Hotel Ho Chi Minh.

We would like to say thank you very much for writing a wonderful reviews about our hotel, Absolutely, we have been delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and Hopefully, we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Many Thanks and Warmest Regards,