“One day with kind staff”
Review of Seventy Hotel

Seventy Hotel
Ranked #187 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Hello, I'm a Korean student.
Saigon is the last city of our Vietnam trip.
I used this hotel for one day.
I think this hotel is most reasonable De tam street.
reasonable price, nice services(free coffee, free laundry, wifi, tour service....).
We checked out 6 hours ago, but we don't have next destination.
The hotel staff allowed us to stay hotel lounge. (so kind)

I strongly recommend this hotel to you! :)))

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
WHangTruong, Owner at Seventy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear taeblo,

Warmest Greatings from Seventy Hotel.

Thank you very much for writing and submitting your reviews about our hotel on Tripadvisor. Certainly, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the future!

Seventy Hotel Ho Chi Minh

Reviewed June 21, 2013

A nice budget Hotel to stay. Staff is friendly and able to communicate with English.
Room is clean and nice. Easy access to city. Lot of food nearby. Happening surrounding.

Hope they will improve their WIFI coverage. Weak signal inside the room and intermittent DC while using.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
TruongHang, Owner at Seventy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Warmest greatings from Seventy Hotel Ho Chi Minh.

We would like to say thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write and submit your reviews about Our Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are glad to know that you could enjoy your stayed at Our Hotel.
About problem for the Wifi in the room We are so sorry for your inconvenience and certainly, We have tried to repair it as soon as possible.

Hopefully, We will have another chance to welcome you back to stay with Us in the future.

Many Thanks & Warmest Regards,
Ms Hang & Staffs at Seventy Hotel Ho Chi Minh City.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

After seeing the review from Jald83 I must comment on my many stays at the seventy hotel, having stayed at the seventy hotel in febuary and many times before. yes the stairs are narrow but that is because they instaled a lift, Not all the hotels in the backpacker area have lifts I weigh over 200pounds and 6feet tall and can use them without a great drama. As for the honesty of the staff I left a suitcase and very expensive pushbike there for 6 months after returning to the UK and not getting back to HCMC as quickly as i intended, And on my return found everything as I left it..Indeed I would be more concerned about the honesty of some fellow travellers than the staff, sure its not a five star hotel, but then your not paying five star prices, I might add that I have had money go missing from my room staying in more upmarket hotels in Vietnam.
I strongly advise anyone wanting to stay in the backpack area and wanting a safe clean good value hotel were the staff are friendly and go out of there way to help you to stay there.

Room Tip: Choose the Balcony room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank jeffzombie
TruongHang, Owner at Seventy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Jeffzombie,

Greating from Seventy Hotel Ho Chi Minh.

Thank you very much for chosing your stay at Our hotel.
We have read your comments about the hotel and We would like to say thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write and submit your positive reviews about Our hotel.

We're very glad to know that you did enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in nearest future!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

stay here 3 nights with my friends, the room was nice and the staff very friendly and helpful.. located in the center so you and walking to many places near by, shopping, restaurants, bars.. will come back here next time..

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank winn n

Dear Winn n,

Thank you very much for posting your review on Trip Advisor. It has been our pleasure to read that you did enjoyed your stay with us. We really appreciate it.

We do hope to be able to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

DON'T BOOK THERE!

1. We had actually booked at their sister hotel Phan Anh, which is more of a hostel (supposedly) with a more communal feeling, which is what we wanted. We paid a deposit on hostelbookers.com but when we arrived (after having been drastically overcharged by a taxi driver), and after walking down a sketchy alley to find the place, we were told they had overbooked and we had to move to their other hotel, Seventy Hotel. They tried to get us to climb onto motorbikes (no helmets) and someone else would take our bags to the other hotel (NO THANK YOU!). I told them we would walk. We got to Seventy and the stairwell was dangerously narrow (would have been a nightmare in an emergency) and this brings me to my 2nd point.

2. The rooms was TINY (smallest place we have stayed in our 3 months in SE Asia). The pictures make it look decently sized though (and anyway, our room was supposed to be at the other hotel!) You couldn't get to one side of the bed without knocking your head on the TV (and I'm a petite girl and just 5'4"!) No room for 2 packs / suitcases to be open at the same time. Claustrophobic room and bathroom. NO view (except looking into some random person's apt and seeing their underwear drying on the line outside our window). I asked if there were other larger rooms and was told no, but, as it turns out, there were.

3. We left for dinner and made sure the door was locked. When we came back, the door was unlocked and some of our things had been moved around. Thankfully, we had locked everything into our big bag so they couldn't have taken anything important if they wanted to but someone who worked there definitely tried! We told them and they acted smug but "innocent" and said they can't use the master keys (even though I saw them laying out on the desk)

4. When we went to bed, we found dirt, crumbs and PUBIC HAIR in the bed! Disgusting! When I told them, the guy said it wouldn't bother him.. what?!

5. The reception guy apparently talked to the manager (since I had threatened to call the manager before) and said they could give me a $3 discount for our woes. (We had booked 2 nights but I told him we would not be staying for the 2nd). When we checked out, he tried to not give me any discount, saying that would've only been if I stayed both nights! (even though he had previously implied staying one night was fine). Even though it was a minor discount anyway, I was so angry they tried to pull that. Eventually yelled them down to a compromise (on principle)... the whole time the staff were totally rude and unhelpful.

DO NOT STAY THERE!!!! Totally untrustworthy people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JALD83
TruongHang, Owner at Seventy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear JALD83,

We would like to say thank you so much for your feedback.

We are also sorry about moving you to Seventy Hotel instead of you have reservation in Phan Anh Hostel. After explained why We moved you to Seventy Hotel and My staff tried to help you to carry your luggage We just wanted to help you after a long trip.
Your booking was standard room with 22USD/night and your booking was 2 nights. We understood that our fault so We give you discount 3USD for 2 Nights even you did not ask for discount but when you check out you pay only 16USD for 2 people with Breakfast we were happy with that.
As you know English is Our second language so some time we explain make you misunderstanding.
The door in the room when you go out you have to push the bottom inside the door so you might forget to lock the door from inside. When you came back you thought someone came to your room, we don't have any reason to come to your room and move your luggage. Besides that, when you check in my colleague take you in the room you did not say anything after few hours you stayed in the room, you went out then you said the room dirty, crumbs and hair.
Frankly, we run Our Hotel business for long time therefore We have to know how is safe for guest stay at our hotel. We must understand that will be no good results if we did not have honest business.

Anyway, I hope that you understand our situation. Really sorry about inconvenience for your stay.

Wish you have a great trip in Viet Nam.

Many Thanks & Regards,
Ms Hang & Staffs.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

we love this hotel very much and the hotel located in very happening area(Pham Ngu Lao),major city attraction are within the walking distance.We were served like 5 star service,especially Miss Hang,the hotel owner,she provide us many useful information.i live her much.
the only thing is that the air-con is not cool enough,but overall ok.
Many thanks to Miss Hang and staff,will definitely come back to this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PengQuan
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I book first time 2 days.My plans was to find one other hotel, but i selected to be there 4 more days.The rooms are very clean.The size of the rooms are fin. The hotel is based in the midle of the backpackers area. There are a lot of small places to eat or go to have partytime. In the evining the street is full of life. The hotel gives all 24 hours a excellent service. I have a great time there. It is posible to book tours or tickets there. The prices are ok. There are a lot of attractions to see around the area within 25 min by walking.The breakfast is not the biggest one, but to start the day is that ok. But that is allways every time you eat...small portions in vietnam.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo