“Good location,Best service”

Ranked #179 of 457 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
“Good location,Best service”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

we love this hotel very much and the hotel located in very happening area(Pham Ngu Lao),major city attraction are within the walking distance.We were served like 5 star service,especially Miss Hang,the hotel owner,she provide us many useful information.i live her much.
the only thing is that the air-con is not cool enough,but overall ok.
Many thanks to Miss Hang and staff,will definitely come back to this hotel again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PengQuan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Northborg, Denmark
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I book first time 2 days.My plans was to find one other hotel, but i selected to be there 4 more days.The rooms are very clean.The size of the rooms are fin. The hotel is based in the midle of the backpackers area. There are a lot of small places to eat or go to have partytime. In the evining the street is full of life. The hotel gives all 24 hours a excellent service. I have a great time there. It is posible to book tours or tickets there. The prices are ok. There are a lot of attractions to see around the area within 25 min by walking.The breakfast is not the biggest one, but to start the day is that ok. But that is allways every time you eat...small portions in vietnam.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stefan1963
NYC
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Reasons why I would not choose Seventy Hotel:

1- We arranged for airport pick up via email 2 days before arrival but waited 35 minutes and no one showed up. Wasn’t too bad because it’s easy to catch a cab at the airport. Just walk left of arrivals and it cost $10 to the hotel. Seventy hotel was going to charge us $14.

2- We were given room 503 and it was the smallest room I’ve ever seen. I thought it was odd because I specifically paid a little extra for a superior room, which was supposed to be a bigger room. I couldn’t imagine a smaller room and decided to ask the front desk what type of room was given to us. The guy at the front desk wouldn’t answer my question until he pulled out my reservation, checked it out and then told me that it was a superior room. I asked to see the different rooms to compare but was told that they were fully booked but that I can pay more for a bigger room? Long story short, I had already paid for 2 days at the hotel and didn’t want to make an uncomfortable experience while in a foreign country. It’s easy to tell when you are being lied to. If you check their website, the regular room is listed as 12 sq. m.; superior room 22 sq. m.; deluxe room 26 sq. m. Our bed was jammed between 2 walls from top to bottom (if you are over 6 ft- you will not fit). There only room for one person to maneuver about at a time with the other one on the bed.

When we came back later in the day, the man apologized and offered us a 10% discount on our room because he said our room is a bit small.

3- Breakfast is included but you have to preorder the night before. My first breakfast, they were out of chicken for my preordered ‘chicken pho’ so they gave me ‘sausage pho’ which was just a hot dog sliced up. Needless to say, it was awful. On our second day, we came down at 9:31am and were told that the kitchen had closed at 9:30am even though all we’ve ordered was fresh fruit.

4- The shower was literally over the toilet. Just look at the picture! I've been in Asia enough times to get use to the no shower/ bathroom separation but unless you want to take a shower while you sit on the toilet- there's really no room unless you stand and hold the sprayer in one hand.

5- Our check out took about 30 minutes because nothing is computerized, there is no communication between the staff, and I was asked to pay for the hotel room even though I paid online. The 10% discount was never recorded. Luckily, we were not rushing to catch a flight, we were just moving to a different hotel. It was the most frustrating check out experience.

Overall, the staff is friendly and smiles a lot. They do apologize when things go wrong. If you had prepaid for this hotel already, I would suggest for you to check out the 3 different rooms they offer and maybe you will be able to choose the better room. Unfortunately, I believe they charge $4 more for a room you think should be almost twice the size of the regular room but there really isn’t a difference. $4 might not be a lot of money for tourists which is why I paid it. Again, it is easy to tell when you are being lied to and I don’t like to be swindled even if it’s just $4. It’s the principle of it all.

We looked for another hotel for our last evening in Ho Chi Min and found Beautiful Saigon 3 Hotel one block down from Seventy hotel. We paid $10 more for a room but it was brand new with a shower/ bathroom separation. They only charge us $10 for the taxi to the airport. It’s a world of difference!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A L
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and in general I think it's good value for your money.
The pro's:
The hotel is located right in the middle of the backpeckers area, with a lot of resturants in a walking distance , the stuff are very friendly and helpful and speak reasonable English. And, above all, there is an elevator.
The con's:
The first night I stayed in the regular room with no window, the room was very small, I wouldn't recommend staying there, better upgrading to a window room.
Also breakfast is very basic and they serve it in the entrance lobby.
The bathroom is very small with no separation between the restroom and the shower itself.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank yael_11
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is centrally located in backpacker area district 1, within short walking distance to the major city attractions. The staffs are very helpful. Room was ok, the bed was so comfort. High speed WiFi connection, really fits the traveler needs. The breakfast is simple but more than enough to start a day. Surprisingly, Seventy has the best Vietnamese coffee I've ever taste. Thanks for giving me a pack of your coffee to bring home with me. I really love it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter, have window and plenty of light
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just came back from HCMC and stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The rooms were very small, but other than that, everything else was great. The hotel is clean, location is good and the staffs took care all of our small petty requests (mind you, we have a very demanding lady in our group). The staffs speak some english and can communicate quite well.

One thing to be careful though. We booked a cab through the hotel to pick us from the airport and we paid the cab fare to the cab driver directly. But on the last day, the hotel staffs insisted that we should pay the cab fare to them (means that we are paying double) and said that the fare we paid to the cab driver were tips instead of the fare. We managed to reasoned with them and their manager and they let us leave peacefully. So, for those booking the cab through the hotel, ensure you ask them who do you need to pay the fare to and have a printed copy of the agreed price, as they charged me differently then.

Room Tip: For people who are bigger size, it's recommended to book a superior/deluxe as the rooms are very...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We arrive at this hotel, from Da Lat at 5.30am in the morning and the staffs still let us in n check in! Invaluable services. Also, they clean and change sheets of our room regularly.

Offered us free meal as well.

The staffs remember us, our rooms and smile all the time. Helpful when we ask for directions and recommendations.

Definitely worthy to stay here!.

• Stayed April 2013