All reviewswashing machinebedroom apartmentlaundry roomsmall kitchenfamily travelfully equipped gymlarge swimming poolmain bedroomenjoyed staying herefull kitchenpeople's committeenice balconyonly stayed one nightvincom centresteam roomfamily martan extra bed
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed in the Norfolk Mansion Apartments for one week. Had a two bedroom apartment all to myself. Apartments are an excellent size and would certainly recommend them for a traveling family. The apartment I was in had one room with a double bed and ensuite, and a single bedroom with access to the 2nd shower/bathroom. Good sized kitchen, if you where ever to get the urge to cook and a good sized living area to sit in.

The sound proofing in the rooms is excellent. There is a busy road directly in front of the hotel and you wouldn't have known about it - possibly a combination of the double glazing and my 13th floor location

Facilities in the hotel "looked" fine, never used the swimming pool, but could look down on it from above and people where using it.

Staff where very friendly and helpful, although very quick to come into the apartment to clean it up in the morning if the "Do Not Disturb" sign is not on your door!!!

Breakfast was included -actually nice to not be looking at a massive spread off food, more than enough of a choice for my liking.

Free WiFi was included.

The only complaint I would have is the pillows in the room. They do exist, but they are so soft as they are next to useless.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank IainDM
Flemming N, General Manager at Norfolk Mansion Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Dear IainDM,
Thank you for review and we are happy you have enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Norfolk Mansion.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed in this apartment on 7-9 July in a group of 5. The apartment had 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms. The master bedroom had a king bed and a bathtub in the bathroom. The other room came with a double bed. Another bathroom outside the 2nd room had a free standing shower and a washing machine. The living hall was huge it could fit 12 people at one time. Although the kitchen was too small compared to the size of the apartment, but the amenities were excellent, complete with a microwave, an oven and a kitchen stove. There were also plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, knife, cutleries and kitchen utensils as well as a kitchen sponge for cleaning. All you need to bring/buy is soap for washing clothes and dishes.

My mother loved this place so much that she refused to follow us on a trip to Cu Chi! My sister who is known to be picky and petty on almost everything also gave thumbs up for this place.

What I liked about the place:
1) It's super clean, it's literally spotless!
2) Service was top notch. We asked for extra bed and when we got to our apartment, they were already hotel staffs waiting outside the apartment to install the bed for us. Hotel staffs were eager to help us with directions and getting a cab throughout our stay.
3) Check in was fast. We had earlier asked for early check in, and when we arrived at the hotel at about 12.30pm, our room was ready for us.
4) We also asked for late check out since our flight home was at 9.00 pm and we wanted to leave by 5.00pm. At first, the front desk only allowed us to stay until 2.00 pm but later extended it to 5.00pm without extra charge!
5) The hotel gave free city map but we took some time to get used to it since the map left out a few hotel landmarks such as Caravelle Hotel, Park Hyatt, Rex Hotel etc (I think they purposely leave out other hotels and only keep the city landmarks).
6) The swimming pool looked clean but we didn't get to take a dip though.

The drawbacks:
1) The location is a bit out of the way from the city attractions although it's still within walking distance. It took us about 10-15 minutes to get to the Central Post Office.
2) There's no view from our room except for a construction site.
3) Breakfast spread was small for vegetarians.
4) We first wanted to book directly from the hotel so I emailed them to enquire about the hotel but only received a reply days later. When I emailed them again, I had to wait for another 3 days before receiving a reply. Since it was nearing travel time, we decided to book via Agoda, which was a big mistake. We initially paid USD350 for 2 nights stay but had to top up another USD210 for the other 3 guests when we checked in, since Agoda only quoted rate for 2 guests. If the hotel had replied to my emails earlier, I'm sure that the confusion wouldn't have happened.
5) The bed was too hard for my liking I had trouble sleeping but my sister liked the bed. However, all 5 of us unanimously agreed that the pillows were too soft.
6) One of my sisters had rashes after the 1st night. We were not sure whether it was bed bug or the rain outside (it could be acidic, you never know).

Room Tip: Rooms at the back (the ones not facing road) ensures a good night sleep
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank herbs h

Dear Former Guest,
Thank you for your candid review.

Our property's location is perfect to reach majority of all attractions within a 10 min walk.

With concern to lack of email communication: I apologize and its unacceptable. In the future you may opt to email me directly at: gm@norfolkmansion.com.vn

Regarding the rash on your sister's neck:
Rest assured we have never had bedbugs and there is no acid rain in Vietnam.
It is likely it could be "prickly heat", which is a common rash complained about by tourists. It occur due to hot and humid climate. Then again, I am not a doctor so I shall refrain from making more diagnoses.

We are looking forward to seeing you return so we can serve you better.

Regards

Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for two days in July with our kids in an executive appartment.
It was excellent:
- two separate bedrooms
- two bathrooms
- one kitchen
- one large living room with balcony
- a nice large swimming pool with jacuzi
- fast wifi
- very good isolated windows
- very good breakfast
- very clean
- good location
- ...
Recommended

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank TheBelgianBrussels
Flemming N, General Manager at Norfolk Mansion Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2017

Dear TheBelgianBrussels,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you took your time to write your feedback of your vacation experience at Norfolk Mansion.

We are pleased that you have had an excellent stay and we are looking forward to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel.

Flemming Nielsen

Reviewed May 1, 2012

These are serviced apartments. After 2 weeks in the Renaissance Hotel the Norfolk Mansions was a big improvement. The 2 bedroom apartments are large, spacious and comfortable with excellent amenities and kitchen. Bed is very comfortable. I did not find the internet particularly slow - The Renaissance was much worse!

Staff are friendly and helpful. We have not used the restaurant - one of the best french restaurants in Saigon, Le Jardin, is just round the corner and the streets nearby are clogged with eateries. Pizza Hut is a block away!

Room Tip: The one bedroom apartments are quite pokey, but the 2 beds are big and airy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mike J
Flemming N, General Manager at Norfolk Mansion Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Dear Mike,
Thank you for choosing Norfolk Mansion as your preferred accommodation while you were in HCMC.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the Metropolis.

Flemming Nielsen

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Basically, this is the serviced apartment for businessmen working in Ho Chi Minh City.
You can see many Western and Korean residents there.

The Internet access was terribly slow and I gave up to work in the room.
Breakfast was very poor considering the price.
Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful.
The room is enough big and well furnished.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank patpongyamachan

Dear patpongyamachan,
Thank you for your review and we thank you for the informative content.

5 years since your stay with us and we are pleased to announce that we have changed and or improved any-and everything.

Perhaps one day, you will return. Until then, have a safe journey.