“Perfect location for resonable money”
Review of Thuan Thien Hotel

Thuan Thien Hotel
Thuan Thien Hotel
Ranked #318 of 458 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Moscow, Russia
“Perfect location for resonable money”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed there for 2 days on a business trip. Clean room, free WiFi, ready to help staff - almost all you may need for a quick visit to Vietnam. Price for a taxi from or to the airport is $5.
If you prefer a 5* relax it`s not for you - the hotel is on renovation now - they changes lobby while I stayed in the hotel, but the looms were still a bit "old". But what do you want for $25 per day?! :)))

Room Tip: My room was on front side of the building. A little bit noisy as far as vientamese traffic is very a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
USA
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I've been seeing mixed reviews regarding this hotel both on Tripadvisor & Agoda which is expected & OK by me of whatever is said. But one thing that is consistent is that its in a very good location & value. I have visited Saigon 4 times already in the past 3 years, was born there so communication is not a problem for me.
This will be the first time selecting this hotel for my upcoming February trip to VN again. What I want to know is how close are the room photos posted on the Agoda website is similiar to the actual rooms in the hotel. I know they usually pretty up the room since it will be online, but the room that I will be chosing is the "First Class" size room. So can anybody tell me from the website room photos & the actual room in the hotel are they pretty much the same or close - for example bedsheets, furniture, etc.... Thanks! Also please note that my rating is just based on all the reviews I have read. I haven't actually stayed at the hotel yet, but had to submit a rating in order to post my comment/questions.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed @ the hotel for 4 days, July 24-27, 2010, and the front desk staff Mr. Michael Hai was very accomodating to our group, he allowed us to stay until 9Pm there at the hotel lobby exchanging jokes (we already check out from their hotel early in that morning), he even gave my daughter dianne a bouquet of roses. By the way, hi Michael, Happy Birthday wish you all the best. From: Dianne/Mely Nicolas (Philippines).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Good location near benh thanh market, Internet in lobby. $US25 is of course great value for 2 people however the room was very noisy despite having no window, dirty walls (Mosquitos smeared on walls again despite lack of window) and shower filled up with water rapidly. Have had reasonable reports from friends who stayed on higher floors with windows. My tip is to insist on a room with a window & on floor 4 or higher. Don't bother with the hotel breakfast, very poor but plenty of good pho stands nearby. A place to sleep & nothing more.

• Stayed July 2010

Travelers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Front desk staff not great and play a bit of game with prices. They offered me a more expensive room room with two beds when I arrived (even I was alone). I looked in the brochure, and said 'what about this room?'. They said: 'oh yeah, you can have that cheaper one too'.. Weird.

Then when I checked out, they played a little exchange rate and credit card service charge game that resulted in an extra 5% on my bill. (They quote prices in dollars, but when the run your credit card they run it in VND at a poor rate, and then on top they charge an extra 3% credit card fee. All told, when it hit my credit card it cost me 5% on top of what they quoted.)

All the service nonsense aside, the room was fine and the location is ok. I wont go back regardless.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. The rooms were quite comfortable and spacious. We had a problem with the bath tub in one of the rooms and we had to request to be transferred to another room. It's location is very good as it it only a 5-minute walk to Behn Tanh market.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stay for 2 nights and occupied for 2 rooms. We booked the hotel through their website. The receptionist named LAN was very friendly and can speaks English. The hotel near with Muslim restaurant - VN Halal, just 5 minutes walk. The hotel provide wifi and internet at the lobby. Breakfast very limited but for us (Muslim) we choose to get breakfast at VN Halal. The room very clean. They also provide airport transfer at USD15 per car. The only problem is someone knocked the door and tried to open the door at midnight....eeeeee

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends