“Tourist Trap”

Den Long - Home Cooked Vietnamese Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 4,539 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Description: If you are craving for traditional, cultural food of Vietnam, come to Den Long - Home Cooked Vietnamese Restaurant! For quality food, exceptional prices, and a clean and superb dining atmosphere, Den Long is second to none. Whether you are looking for a quick lunch, a relaxing dinner, or an appetizer and cocktails, our experienced and courteous staffs will make your visit a memorable one.
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant itself is really nice. Relaxed atmosphere and decor is impressive. Staff are friendly and helpful. However, the food is extremely average and overpriced. I've lived in Vietnam for a long time and I can assure you if you want to try tastier, more authentic Vietnamese food for a cheaper price then there are many better places. This restaurant is very much aimed at tourists only which of course is fine if that's what you're looking for.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Nicole C
Den_Long_SG, Manager at Den Long - Home Cooked Vietnamese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Dear Nicole,

Personally, I felt a bit upset after reading your review's title. We encourage customers share their experiences either positive or negative comments so that we could do more to become better. I do believe that customers have many ways to share their thoughts but claiming somewhere (and/or someone) is a trap with strong personal insults made someone hurt, especially our team. From the day we opened the restaurant, our vision is not about how much food we sell per day but more important, we share our cultures by telling customer about the food, our city stories, willing to help customer make a plan to travel around Vietnam whenever we have spare time (as you can see most reviews here or Google). We do more with less, care customers from heart, why would we do a trap? At our restaurant, we care customer like a family, bring them the feeling like home...

Thank you for coming to Vietnam, staying back this lovely country and coming with us on that night by the way.

I am glad that you recognized our restaurant, itself means a "truly restaurant" not a food court or a street food. I am so sorry if our food did not match your taste. If you have been staying here long enough, I do believe that you can find our restaurant are rated excellent on local channels also or I could say this is a good sign for restaurant sell the Vietnamese food. I think the problem comes from the price and I do believe that an expat can clearly understand about the ingredients, house rent in District 1. For the food ingredients, I am strongly confident to tell you that we use fresh, non-preserved, trusted sources. The cost for these ingredients, of course, higher than street food (they use preserved, chemical stuffs to make food fresh, strong flavor...). I am sure that our price are similar or cheaper than same standard restaurant in District 1, 100% for sure

All in all, I am so sorry for any unwanted experiences that you had on that night at our restaurant. Thank you for being a contributor of TripAdvisor and I hope to have more chances to serve you and talk more about our stories.

Best Regards
Dave Nguyen
Co-Founder.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of dining here last night and again for lunch today. The staff are amazing and the food is fresh extremely tasty. When we came back today we were thanked for returning and given a complimentary dessert which was Coconut Coffee, delicious. I would recommend it if you are visiting Ho Chi Minh City to call in and experience this beautiful family owned restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

Everything is excellent, even for 2 people in Vietnamese traditional culture, usually have 4 to 5 dishes. So i think it's reasonable when the portion quite small. Staffs speak English very good though and also very friendly.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

· Staff very pleasing and accommodating. Didn't have a hard time conversing with them.
· Food was good, but taste is not quite authentic Vietnamese. Seems like a Japanese-Vietnamese fusion.
· Serving portion: 2-3 persons.
· I was craving for Vietnamese food and their food did not satisfy my craving.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Interior of the resturant is so colorful. Food is well prepared and tasty. Excellent service and reasonable prices

Date of visit: April 2018