“Phan Lan .....CAN and does!”
Review of Phan Lan Hotel

Phan Lan Hotel
Ranked #17 of 944 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I found this hotel with the help of the owners of the Luon Vu hotel. I could not stay at the Luan Vu because they were booked up for the time that I wanted to stay, So They brought me to this Hotel. I was greeted by Very friendly staff and I enjoyed the atmosphere of this fine establishment. From what I see , from meeting the other guests, Everyone is happy with the service and the Lovely staff.. I recommend this hotel to all. ( And The Luon Vu Too)

Room Tip: Although this hotel is near the Backpackers area , it is in a quiet location..I was in the front ro...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RealgeordieBoy

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Van was an amazing and conscientious host. Took care of most things, including running to the local store and getting me a "cut" micro Sim card for my iPhone. The airport pickup service was appreciated, as Ho Chi Minh is a tad crazy to move around in for the uninitiated. My only issue was the stairs, but hey, its a developing country, I get that not everyone has an elevator. If anything, it helped me work off all the amazing food I ate!

I would definitely recommend the Phan Lan Hotel.

Room Tip: try to ask for the first 3 floors to avoid a long walk up!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay in district one. Difficult to find down all alley, but meant it was nice and quiet. Staff were absolutely lovely. Breakfast was basic but fine. Stairs are a hike, but fine. Room was nice and basic. Staff booked tunnels trip and bus for us and both services were great.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2012

The room for 3pax is just good enough for a very reasonable price. Room is clean with fridge, tv & restroom. Hotel near the bus stn., behn tahn mkt & saigon square. Thanks to Mr. Van, the hotel staff because if not of him we missed our flight, thinking that it's 1PM of Dec 12. Gosh!!! it's 1AM. How nice Mr. Van, he accompanied us to Bihn Tay Mkt to buy 2 big boxes of d famous coffee & carried it for us. Only problem is no elevator but it's ok... sort of exercise.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floors on both end corners are large with 2 wide beds
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MPalcon
Reviewed November 18, 2012

clean and comfortable, can't complain of anything except the stairs (oh) and the lack of hot water (imagine having to go alllll the way down just to get a mug of hot water/plain water).

staffs were extremely helpful and the area is near to the actions, i mean the city center...and my bus from phnom penh

Room Tip: when doing booking, immediately enquire for rooms on level 1 or 2 the most.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bey79
Reviewed October 31, 2012

In two trips to Saigon this is my fourth hotel and I have finally found one that is clean, decent and worth staying in again.
Quite sick of finding hotels with grubby walls covered in who knows what and cockroaches in the bathroom -- this place was a lovely find.

Rooms are clean and bathrooms well fitted out. Matress getting a bit tired but still better than others I have slept on
I had a room on the 5th floor which meant I had a window and lots of light.

I would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: top floor rooms have lots of light and views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DragonPrincess
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed in the Phan Lan 2 hotel for 4 nights. The room was rather small with two single beds, but we had a private bathroom with a hot water shower.

The rooms were clean because they got cleaned every day. The employees working in the hotel were nice and helpful.
The TV in the room had multiple international movie channels (like HBO). This is of course not essential for a backpackers hostel, but I really liked it at night, after not having watched any TV for a couple of months.

The hotel is located in the backpackers area and therefore there are enough eating and drinking opportunities.

On the 4th floor, where we stayed, the wifi connection was very bad. Just a small minus.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends