“Overall, a very pleasant experience”

Silverland Central Hotel
Ranked #56 of 475 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have been travelling a lot in the last 15 years, but I have to admit that I seldom write a review… unless I found something very bad or very good and Silverland Central hotel for sure is in the second category. First of all, this hotel looks like a 4 stars hotel compared to many 3 stars hotels in Europe or North America. The only exception is their staff: absolutely, unequivocally, a 5 stars hotel staff! They go above and beyond their duties to help you and make you feel at home, from GM to the Front Desk staff. Hotel being overbooked, I have been offered a free upgrade and the room was indeed very nice! My returning flight from Vietnam was late during the night, they allowed me a late check out and taking a shower before leaving. The breakfast buffet is good and I am telling you this as a vegetarian, so for a regular person who eats everything is even better! Perfectly located, it’s close to most points of interest in Saigon. About noise. It’s no different from downtown Athens, New York, Istanbul or Kuala Lumpur. When you live in such a big city you expect some street noise! Saigon has an incredible night life and this is part of its charm! Frankly, the street noise wasn’t anything out of ordinary. At least not for me. I would choose this hotel again without the slightest hesitation if (when) I’ll be back to Saigon!

Room Tip: If you are very concerned about the street noise maybe you should choose a room facing the back stre...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Van777
ManNguyen, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Van777,

Thank you very much for your excellent review.

It is always a great pleasure to have you stay with us and I am glad that you have experienced the excellent service of our "5 star" Team through out your stay.

Again, thank you very much and we all look forward to welcome you back soon.

Silverland Central Hotel and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

If your after the market , this is 1 of the better locations as it is a couple of minutes walk .We were right opposite the park and had no noise issues unless window was open ,due to the central location the area is very busy and is very noisy with traffic but every where in hcm is the same .All the staff we dealt with were helpful and pleasant , upon arrival they missed a camera bag in the boot of the taxi but they traced taxi and had the bag back in 20 minutes which was some doing . breakfast was similar to most Asian hotels I have stopped in but there were more than enough options with both Asian and Europeans catered for . Make sure you avoid cyclos ,as they are only interested in scamming tourists . So if I ever come back to hcm we will defiantly look to stop here again .

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have view of the park
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time my boyfriend and I had visited Ho Chi Minh City & what a perfect hotel to stay at & kick off our trip.
The staff were all so friendly, helpful and attentive the minute we walked into the hotel!
The rooms were spotless & very clean. The wifi was faultless which came in very handy as Google came into use a lot!
The buffet breakfast was always a pleasure to eat as the food was fresh and very enjoyable!
The hotel is central to most tourist destinations within walking distance, including Ben Than Market which was right across the road :)
However one night there was a phone call that was put through to our room at 1am which not only woke me up but startled me quite a bit! I told the receptionist the next day what had happened and they were very apologetic and informed me that they would follow up on this matter and all no calls would be put through at such a late time again.
Coincide to this, I highly recommend this hotel to others for your Ho Chi Minh City travels.

Regards,
Brianna

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilbri
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while on a trip to visit our homeland after 30 plus years living abroad. It was just perfect!
The hotel is great location at the heart of the city. The price is reasonable and the service is excellent. Free WiFi. Breakfast is fine.

Just a few steps away is Ben Thanh market where you can buy gifts or eating out at night.

Bargain, bargain ... When buying gift at Ben Thanh market.

If you planned to travel out of Saigon. You would be able to leave your big luggages behind with the hotel safe and no addition charge.

Coming back to the hotel after a long trip feel so nice due to the great service, immaculate rooms, not to mention the front desk staff, door staff, breakfast staff, housekeeping staff ...were greeting you as a long lost relative.

This was our second times staying at this hotel . Thank you Mr Man Nguyen and the entire staff for a wonderful service and we look forward to staying at your hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ManNguyen, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Tien T,

Thank you very much for your great review.

We are so happy to be your home away from home.

I am glad that you have experienced our excellent service with staff, rooms and buffet breakfast. Your comment is really a huge encouragement.

Again, thank you very much and we all look forward to welcome you and your family back soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Let´s start with the positive:
Location is great, right in the centre. We walked 90% of the time as everything was so close.
The room is clean and the amenities all work. The wifi is good too. The staff were smiley and tried their best...

Now for the negative:
There may be only one but dear lord it's a biggy: NOISE.
It is ridiculous how much noise you can hear at a time. We had a room on the 7th floor so
we were quite high up and had hoped that being on the main street wouldnt affect us. It did. As we lay in bed we could hear the honking of every single car and scooter as though they were in the room with us. The staff were noisy outside from 6.30 am, which is unacceptable! There were renovations on the floor above and that would be fine but we had received no warning until we saw a teeny tiny piece of paper next to the tv in the room. The walls are extremely thin so we could hear our neighbours until the early hours of the morning (we do appreciate that this was just unlucky though). When we mentioned the noise coming from the room next door to reception, they assured us they would get someone on it but it didn't change a thing.
Also, get a room as far away from the main road. Don't even face it or look at it from the side, don't even think about it...in the gardens on the other side there are sometimes shows, which you can hear as though the MC was in the bed with you...shouting.
Stayed 3 nights, slept the equivalent of 5 hours in total.

There are other hotels on busy roads near by which offer the same location pluses but have better isolation. Just as an example, we have previously stayed at the Lavender Hotel and although the rooms may be smaller, they are very clean and cheaper. The only reason we changed this time is because it was full.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main street. Do not even bother with this hotel if you are a light sleeper.
1  Thank JMCC88
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear JMCC88,

Thank you very much for your constructive review.

It is really a pity that your stay with us was not a great experience as we all expected.

I am fully understand how frustrated you are with the noise those come from many different sources and with a hotel in the center of the city like ours, somehow it will happen against our will.

Again, thank you very much and if we have chance to serve you again, I personally will take care of your stay.

gm@tanhailonghotel.com.vn

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were not sure of the hotel until we stepped off the bus walking into the lobby of the hotel. It was a very impressive hotel with a group very caring crew who devoted most of their time serving the customers to the best of their ability. Because of that, our family had a great memorable stay in Saigon.

The location is excellent. It is located right next to the Ben Thanh market...a famous market in Saigon for a very long time. It is within the walking distance to center of the city.

Back to the hotel, we cannot say enough about the breakfast buffet. It was so inviting...yummy. Regardless of where you are coming from, the restaurant provided lots of choices to eat every morning. Each morning, the restaurant was always full of hotel guests taking turn eating in the dining room. The breakfast was very fulfilling all day until the evening.

The hotel room is also very inviting, clean and very cozy. The air conditioning unit worked very well, and you can drink directly from the faucet without any issues. The staff cleaned our rooms daily. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Thanks for the memorable stay at the Tan Hai Long and made us feel very welcome. Until the next time.....our favorite hotel in the heart of Saigon.

Room Tip: All rooms were prepared equally with care.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The manager of this hotel clearly strives for excellence - it is evident from his responses on tripadvisor and also the care he takes with his guests during their stay at the hotel. I stayed at Tan Hai Long/Silverland Central to attend a friends wedding in HCMC.

The hotel is in an enviable location, extremely reasonable priced and the service is excellent. WIFI is free throughout the hotel and reliable. The daily breakfast buffet was plentiful and had plenty of choice. The rooms are clean and great value for money. I availed the airport pickup which was easy to follow and reliable. What more can I say?

Ben Thanh market is just outside the hotel and it is a short stroll or <$2 cab ride into the central area where all the 5-star hotels are. There are numerous foot and body massages nearby to relax and unwind after a long day out.

This has been my best hotel experience for quite some time... Thank you Mr Man Nguyen for a wonderful stay and I look forward to staying at your hotel again when I visit HCMC.

Room Tip: Upper level, my preference was facing the park and large roundabout...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Melkol,

Thank you very much for your excellent review.

I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was an excellent experience and it is always a pleasure to have you staying with us. I (we) really proud when our striving for excellence has been recognized and appreciated.

Again, thank you very much and we all look forward to welcome you back soon.