“Clean budget hotel”

Ranked #54 of 461 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

A nice clean hotel room with a clean bed. Don't expect much more for the price. Staff are helpful and have conversational English. Centrally located next to Saigon market. Food readily available. Within walking distance to the main 5 star hotels too.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Hkcsing

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have been staying in this hotel each time I come to HCMC for business as they have a good price, good location and good price. But one incident is that the transferred my room to another room due to another guest wanting adjacent rooms. But upon my return I found out my shoes were missing. The hotel said they did everything and even checked the CCTV and all. Then they didn't find anything but they said it's not their responsibility. I asked the hotel to provide a missing item report they said they don't do such things, I only wanted the report so I can have a record and claim on insurance. I also told the hotel I couldn't go out and eat as my shoes were missing, all they told me was to calm down and if I want to file a police report I do it myself. They didn't even bother to say we will get you a meal or try to assist just trying to feinge their responsibility and told me if I want to talk to their boss that's it. This is very poor customer recovery. They said it's not their responsibility that I lost my shoes and there is nothing more they can do for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Tristan_Anthony,

Thank you for your review.

I really am sorry for what happened to your stay with us and It was really not what we are striving for. I am happy that we met upon your checking out at the hotel and I trust that all the issues those come up on this review (was written before that) have been solved and will be followed up til you request us to stop.

As per our conversation, I personally look forward for your email and we shall provide all documents those necessary to your insurance files.

Again, thank you very much and look forward to hear from you soon.

Man Nguyen

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Second stay due to flight delay due to typhoon. Friendly helpful reception staff (thanks Tham). Excellent location as it is just few steps from the Ben Thanh market and within walking distance of all the major attractions – I managed to walk them all in 1 day. Very helpful bellboys (one went and brought me a SIM card and the other came over and helped me across the road).

The breakfast buffet is impressive with a wide selection of Asian and Western food (selection included: 2 types of congee, made to order omelette station, fried rice, sticky rice, fried noodles, sushi, dim sim, bread, cakes, pastries, fruits, etc)
There are computers with free wifi in the restaurant.

Disappointments: There was construction work (hammering) going on in the hotel until 8pm. The hotel should consider stopping this work around 6pm. Towels are tired and no longer pure white.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel was conveniently located though the taxi driver and I had some difficulty finding it. Ben Thanh Market was within walking distance. I would have enjoyed a walk along the Saigon river if not for the rain. The room was comfortable though I can say much about the view from my room. What really impressed me was their staff. The receptionists were polite and superbly attentive. Bellboys took the initiative to rush across the road to help me with my lugguage (the taxi stopped opposite the hotel when we manage to spot it.) If there's one thing to point out, I would say that the water heater worked in a funny way. Instead of allowing me to adjust the water temperature, it gave alternating hot and cold water. Otherwise, I would have given a "6" for "Quality of hotel service" if that's allowed.

Room Tip: I had a room on the highest floor - the only lift in the building doesn't reach it so I had to c...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear NoahChan,

Thank you for your review and I am proud when you were impressed by our staff.

To respond your comment on our hot water system, I am sincere apology for the inconvenience when it was not working in order. I also received some others feedback on last few days with the same error and we have fixed it properly. We always appreciate and welcome all the comments to continue strive for the excellent.

Again, thank you very much and if you are coming back to HCMC kindly contact me so I can take care of your booking personally.

Man Nguyen
gm@tanhailonghotel.com.vn

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed for two nights and had a great time. Our room was very clean, staff very friendly and the location is great.
Breakfast buffet was excellent!! We highly recommend this hotel and will definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent located just few steps from the Ben Thanh market and within walking distance form the major actractions of HCMC.
Hotel interiors look very "chinese" style but anyway nice.
I had a deluxe room on the 8th floor with view of the city and Betexco tower which during the night time was simply great.The room size was good. Cleanliness also very good.
The breakfast buffet was pretty wide and offer both asian and eastern food.The breakfast room is not so big, so it could happen that you got to wait pretty long to get a seat.
The whole staff, expecially at the front desk has been amazing. I had a problem in the room and they offered me a whole bunch of possible solutions. Thanks again to you all gals

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Booked for 2 nights then came back for 1 night after a Mekong delta overnight excursion. They stored our cases for us whilst we were in Mekong. Staff were extremely helpful and escorted us to our room . We received an appreciated welcome drink each time we checked in . Great location only 2 minutes walking to Ben Thanh Market . Breakfast good. Rooms clean . Shower in small bath a bit tricky.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple