“Good value excellent location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silverland Central Hotel and Spa

Ranked #53 of 448 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Melbourne, Australia
“Good value excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

Booked for 2 nights then came back for 1 night after a Mekong delta overnight excursion. They stored our cases for us whilst we were in Mekong. Staff were extremely helpful and escorted us to our room . We received an appreciated welcome drink each time we checked in . Great location only 2 minutes walking to Ben Thanh Market . Breakfast good. Rooms clean . Shower in small bath a bit tricky.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This modern three star hotel is conveniently located in District 1. The Ben Thanh Market is just across the street. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes from the airport by car. The adjacent street where Ben Thanh market is, converts into a night market with food stalls and shops. Plenty of restaurants are located in the area.

I booked a standard room for three nights on their WEB site. They offer free airport transfers if you book at least three nights. Free airport transfer is available for other types of bookings also. Please see their WEB site.

My domestic flight arrived at 10:00 PM. The driver from the hotel was waiting for me.

Check-in by the night attendants at the reception was unpleasant. The two young men did not speak English properly.
They wanted my Pass Port and I refused. So the clerk told me that I have to pay one night’s room charge in full. When I gave him my credit card he charged me for what seemed to be more than 4 nights and wanted me to sign the receipt which I refused. When I showed my reservation for the standard room, he said that he charged me more because he put me in a Deluxe room as standard room was not available. His partner shouted at me. The clerk took the key back and spent another 7-8 minutes and gave me key to another room which was the standard room!! I should have complained to the manager next day but did not.

Next morning Bella at the reception explained me that they only put a hold on the amount on my credit card but actual charge will be placed on my credit card when I checked out. All the young ladies at the reception were very pleasant, helpful and knew what they were doing. Please see the attached photo. (L to R Shophie, Bella, Ann and Quin)

My room was on the upper floor and on the side. So I did not hear any street noise. The room was very small. The mattress on the bad was bit squeaky and hard. Although, both the room and the bathroom were clean. The bathroom had all the toiletries and clean towels. The bath tub was semi circular and the curtain could not reflect all the water so when I took a shower sometimes the bathroom floor got wet. AC and TV worked properly. Two bottles of water were replenished every day.

House keeping service was very good. Bell Boys were friendly and courteous.

The buffet breakfast was excellent. It had western as well as Asian items. The Omelet station prepared the eggs per your request.

The hotel has a tour desk which will arrange for day trips with pick up and drop off at the hotel. The cheaper deals are available from many travel companies if you walk about 10 minutes to De Tham and Pham Ngu Lao. Turn right from the hotel on Le Lai and cross the park at Asian Ruby 3 Hotel.

I dined at the hotel once. It was pricey and service was slow but courteous. Try local restaurants near the area where the travel companies are located as mentioned above. Pizza Inn is also within a walking distance.

I had a massage at the hotel spa. They quoted me $21 including all taxes and service charges etc. but than the bill they gave me was more. So I had to again hassle with the cashier at the spa. The masseuse did an excellent job. Highly recommended.

If I return to HCM City I would stay at this hotel but book a deluxe room

Room Tip: Book a Deluxe room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Midcap,

Thank you very much for your constructive review.

It has been nearly a year since you stayed with us on November 2012. We are appreciate your compliment on our buffet breakfast, restaurant and spa. I also apology for the unpleasant experience upon your checking in process. But i am happy to inform you that we are changed under New Management Team and we are targeting to deliver excellent customer service.

Again, thank you very much and if your travel plans bring you back to HCMC we all happy to welcome you back.

gm@tanhailonghotel.com.vn
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed there for 5 nights and were treated like VIP's from start to finish. From airport pickup to our room we did not touch our baggage. We relaxed with a refreshing drink in the foyer while our details were sorted by reception staff as the tour desk staff provided us with any information we might be interested in, I know the bottom line is economics here but nothing was pushy or intrusive, all departments and their staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and had all the usual's, big flat screen tv, wifi, tea/coffee and a comfy chair to relax in ! Our room was a superior room that included a bathtub ! My wife was very impressed. The restaurant has a good selection of cuisines at very reasonable prices and the breakfast buffet was mind blowing !
Ben Tranh Market and the district night market are about 30m from the hotel where you can find the usual junk as well as good bargains, haggling is a must !
The only down side is, if you are mobility impaired the front and back stairs are difficult.

Room Tip: Do not use economy to choose a room, the prices are reasonable enough to choose comfort.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Travelled to HCM 11 to 14 Oct 2013. It was a 3 nights stay. Location is excellent, a few steps away from the Ben Thanh market. Got a room upgrade without any extra cost. Breakfast ok. Clean and comfortable bed . The staff were very helpful and friendly, always opening doors with a smile, and relaying destination in Vietnamese to the taxi driver for you. Room with free Wi-Fi and cable TV channels but all in Vietnamese except maybe for Cartoon Network that was in English? A small unpleasant experience being my Vietnamese friend came to meet me on the 2nd day of my stay and was informed by the reception that they have no record of my stay. She has to go to all the Silverland hotels in District 1 and finally went back to the same hotel she 1st visited asking the reception to check again and finally locate me. I will be visiting HCM again next April and has just make a booking at Silverland Central and recommend the hotel to my friends who are going along with me. I hope I will be impress and saving the excellent score till next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank FlorenceKou
Man N, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear FlorenceKou,

Thank you very much for your review.

We are glad to know that you have been impressed with our service and staff.

I apology for the inconvenience that you and your Vietnamese friend have experienced because of the careless of our staff when locate your name on our system. I will personal talk to Front Desk Team to ensure that every one of them understand how important to complete their task with understanding and care.

I appreciate your comment on our TV channels, we are currently setting up the in room TV channels list and I hope that it will help our guests to find their interest TV channel easier.

Last but not least, we all look forward to welcome you and you friends back to our hotel and I look for a chance to meet you personally to learn more from your travel experience.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at Silverland Cetral 3 times during our trip and were very happy with the service we received. On arrival we were presented with a cool drink and greeted with very friendly, efficient and helpful staff; it is obvious that the staff really care about your experience at the hotel. We stayed in a Superior Room which was a comfortable size for our 1-night stays. We were pleased that the double bed WAS actually a double bed (rather than 2 singles). There is a large gap between the bath and the wall that could use some attention - a little tired but nothing major. On our second stay we received a free upgrade to a larger room. The included breakfast, while not amazing (some of the hot food was tepid and tepid milk for cereal), includes enough choice for a substantial breakfast. The hotel includes a Spa on the upper level - we had 3 massage treatments during our stay - the professionalism and quality of the massages and the ambience of the spa was excellent and highly recommended - a nice treat after a day walking around in the Saigon sun! The hotel is situated in an ideal central location. About 20 mins drive for the airport and in the middle of all the action.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Aus_F_83,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stays with us all 03 times and your compliments on our staff and welcome drink are really a good encouragement.

To replying your feed back on the gap between the bath and the wall, we actually did that in purpose. We did not seal the bath into the wall in order of convenience of maintenance. But it is safe to use as the bath is really stable and we also schedule to clean and dry up the gap often.

Dear Aus_F_83, again, thank you very much and we all look forward to welcome you back for the 4th time and many more after that.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Location is very close to Ben Tranh market! It has a Spa in the hotel which is very relaxing. The hotel is very clean, almost spotless! And the ambience, amazing! The restaurants around the place has a lot of Halal food. Definitely a hotel to come again

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ReduanRahim
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights, it's close to everything in HCMC. Rooms are extremely clean, new and fresh. The staff are excellent, the airline lost our luggage and it was the staff from silverland that managed to track it down 2 days later. Breakfast is good, this would easily be a 4 star hotel in Most countries. Couldn't fault the place.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple