“Good location, in among the action”

Silverland Central Hotel
Ranked #56 of 475 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We enjoyed staying in this little boutique hotel. We asked for connected rooms as we were taking our 17 year old son and we were happy that this request had been fulfilled.
The hotel is well located, close to the Ben Than market area and close to other shopping areas. The rooms are small but the bed was comfortable, the shower was hot and the breakfast was good so it fulfilled all our needs. The hot food was mainly Asian but there was good choice and the food was delicious. We saw a few European people turn their noses up at the Asian food but hey, you should always give the local fare a fair chance - when in Rome..........

The only criticisms I could make are the following:
* there doesn't seem to be a great choice of restaurants in this area but we found some really good ones a little further afield.
* be prepared, this hotel faces a very busy traffic intersection so for most of the day and into the evening, the traffic noises are loud and Vietnamese people seem to love beeping their horns. However, late at night when everyone has gone home, it is quieter. I am a light sleeper and I had no troubles with getting to sleep.
* Air-conditioning - the air conditioners in both rooms seemed to struggle a little. It was cool but it took a long time for the rooms to cool down when we got back from a day out.

All in all, we thought this hotel was good value for money.

Room Tip: I'm not sure it would help as we stayed in the front rooms facing the traffic intersection but i...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Thanh_Dat_Luu, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Ymint,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post great review about Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa!

I am very happy to hear that your recent stay with us was enjoyable although there were some issues we must look into it carefully such as air conditioner, noise from street. Therefore, your such useful comments will definitely help us a lot in improving our level of service.

Luu Thanh Dat (Mr.)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Well located with great staff.
Impressed with the staff from the moment we arrived at the airport. Upon checking in, again the english speaking staffs, were great.
Especially Duy Vu, who is very friendly and helpful. Goes the extra mile in customer satisfaction. 2 thumbs up for Duy Vu.
What we got in the room is way above expectations as compared to what we paid for...
For muslim travellers, lots of halal food located nearby..
You shop, you eat, back to hotel, drop off your stuffs, you shop again, you eat again and back to hotel again...
Review is written while in hotel room using the reliable free wifi...
A pleasant experience for my wife's birthday and our anniversary....

• Stayed: November 2012
Thanh_Dat_Luu, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear ShahreenS,

Thank you for choosing Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa for your most recent stay in Saigon!

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed the stay very much and appreciated our employee's performance. I will ensure the compliments are shared among team.

Once again, thank you for your compliments. We look forward to welcoming you back Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Please do consider me as your personal contact if any further assistance required.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Ho Chi Minh City is bustling and very busy till late at night mostly with motorcycles (6000 on 8000 people). Located in the centre of Ho Chi Minh on a main road, next to the night market but as a light sleeper I didn't hear a thing in the room. Walking distance to all major attractions wit free Wi-Fi, safe locker in the room. Good variety of daily breakfast, friendly staff who will remind you to watch out for pickpocket and motorcycle bag snatchers.

Be aware when paying the taxi driver, cos even the Vinasun (government) taxi drivers will change the big bills quickly for smaller amount giving you the idea that you paid less so you end up paying much more. If that happen: Write down there name and taxi number for the hotel staff so they can sent in an complain to take action against those drivers to stop this.

If your planning to visit the Biggest Day Market you can easily get the bus on the opposite of the hotel that will cost you 4000 dong each instead of the 150.000 dong for the cab and you will be there in less time. Don’t change money at this place since you will get unwanted attention from thieves. Best rate available at the airport and a taxi voucher which is about 180.000 dong (9 USD) affordable and safe. In the city a lot of banks don’t change Euro's since they rather have USD as the most shops who prefer dollars. Eating at the Night Market is a nice experience and very affordable like the most restaurants and coffeehouse.
The hotel can provide a Taxi back you the airport for 252.000 dong which is cheaper that regular taxi's. Nice and friendly staff all the way. Tip advice: 20.000 or 1 USD

Room Tip: Swimming and Gym is in another hotel and you have to pay for that
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanh_Dat_Luu, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear mungra,

Thank you for choosing our Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa when visiting Saigon!

We are much appreciated that your recent stay with us was enjoyable, it reflects our service is on the right track up to highest customer service! I will ensure your comment is briefed among team

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My friend & I stayed 2 nights in this 3 star hotel last week. We are full of praises for this place.

1) The location - is great, next to Ben Thanh market and night market with many of food stalls. It is also walking distance (10 - 15 min) to many attractions and malls (e.g. Vicom Centre & Parkson).

2) Counter Staff - they were approachable and helpful, esp Duy Vu who handled our check-in and gave us an upgrade from delux to junior suite.

3) Room - The junior suite is spacious (est 30sqm) with a double bed, a single bed and a sitting area. The room is clean, the beds are comfortable and you can soak in the jacuzzi in the bathroom. Just remember to bring your bath salt.

4) Breakfast - decent spread, mixture of local and western dishes such as fish porridge, fried noodles, fried rice, hotdog, potatoes, cheese, ham, bread, cakes, milk, soya bean drink, juices and fruits. And do try a bowl of beef pho prepared at the egg station.

5) KL Spa - the spa within the hotel is offering 40% discount. We tried the 1 hr foot massage which is enjoyable and costed us approx USD12.50 each. The staff is very sale-driven but not overly pushing and the setting is nice and peaceful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanh_Dat_Luu, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Joy_Lim7,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to posted compliments about Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor! These such kind words make us proud to be one of the top three star Hotel in Saigon which are known for.

I will share your comments among team especially Mr. Duy as mentioned and also other team member who had made your stay unforgettable.

Luu Thanh Đạt
General Manager (Mr.)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel was great. It feels as though you are in a 5 star hotel, not 3. The staff were friendly and the food for breakfast was extensive and very nice. The hotel is right next to Ben Thanh, so location wise its great, you can walk everywhere.
We stayed on the top floor - the room was nice, very big bed and had a spa in the bath room. Our room was on the 9th floor and was right next to the lift shaft - which we did hear during the night on and off. The room had a window which opened out to the hallway. This was ok, though at night the hall lights were kept on, the curtain covering the window did not block all the light (I am a light sleeper so this did affect my sleep). I did get up and turn this light off in the hall, but after some time it somehow was switched back on. By the second night I ended up putting towels over the window to block the light! Apart from this, the hotel was great. I recommend getting a room at the front or back, not the middle to avoid the hall light and the lift!

Room Tip: Don't pick the middle room on any level - next to lift shaft and cannot block light from hall wa...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanh_Dat_Luu, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Lozzie_087,

Thank you for taking out time from your busy schedule to write compliments about Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor.

However, I am regret to hear that you were not happy in regards to our room assignment as well as the curtain covering the window. These such comments will definitely help us to upgrade our facilities and service.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was my 4th stay at the Hotel and my 7th visit to Vietnam. The location is excellent and the staff are wonderful. This trip my daughter was robbed on our second day and the hotel staff were exemplary in their dealing with the police and the bank and all the drama associated.
The Spa is excellent and the rooms are great and breakfast you can't fault.
It does attract tour groups but don't be put off by that - I would always continue to stay at Tan Hai Long on my next trip to Vietnam.

Room Tip: A Deluxe or Junior suite will give you the extra room for all the shopping purchases!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CarmenA53

Dear CarmenA53,

We are much appreciated for your kind words posted on TripAdvisor in regards to Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa. This is the best reward to our team and I will share your compliments among them.

However, your stay was not perfect as the outside issue happened to your daughter but I am very happy to hear that my colleagues did handled it with care and has met your expectation.

Please do contact me if we can assist you with anything else.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is very popular with tourists and we stayed at this hotel for our HCM company trip.

The location of the hotel is excellent, next to Ben Thanh market and close to everything in district 1. The room was clean and comfortable room, shower had strong water pressure, large selection of cable channels on TV, but the bed creaks and I think its time they change.

Breakfast has good selection and I love their Beef noodle soup.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces the back street and on a higher floor. Its quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Thanh_Dat_Luu, General Manager at Silverland Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Mr. Ong,

Warm greetings from Tan Hai Long Hotel & Spa!

On behalf of the hotel team, I would like to extend our appreciation to your kind words posted on TripAdvisor and this is for sure the utmost reward to our service.

However, I do apologized for the inconvenience caused due to our uncomfortable bed. This issue had brought the attention to Management team and definitely well taken care of.

Mr. Ong, please feel free to contact me if there is any further assistance required.

General Manager (Mr.)