“Simply Wonderful”
Review of L'Apothiquaire Spa

L'Apothiquaire Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The original L'Apothiquaire branch is ideally situated in the heart of downtown, close to the main hotels and offering the perfect urban sanctuary and spa. Housed in a quaint, lovingly restored century-old French townhouse. L'Apothiquaire features high ceilings, original tiling, an exposed brick wall and wooden stairs. The antique furniture enhances the old world charm which transports you away from the hectic pace of modernity. Upon entering, L'Apothiquaire is a boutique with traditional wooden cabinets - resembling a 17th century French Apothecary. Along the cabinets is an array of the comprehensive range of L'Apothiquaire's beautifully packaged organic body and face oils, scrubs, bath salts, organic soaps and organic herbal blends, from France. An intimate foot-care room overlooks a small courtyard featuring a gargoyle and orchids. Upstairs are seven private & semi-private treatment rooms draped with luxurious, velvet curtains. An elegant suite featuring a private Jacuzzi. Treatments follow the L'Apothiquaire philosophy of using only the finest, natural and organic ingredients to offer a delicate but effective healing process for mind and body. Trained beauty consultants will put you at ease, tailor a treatment to suit your individual needs and recommend an going program to ensure your renewed radiance is maintained. L'Apothiquaire Artisan Beaute opened in 2005 and was voted 'Best Beauty Salon' in the same year. It offers the ultimate in body care and facials, a unique experience not to be missed.
Reviewed January 12, 2014

As our visit to Ho Chi Minh city was short, I’ve decided to have the spa treatment at L’Apothiquaire on our last day there. I had a heavenly foot and a great body treatment. The spa is very attractive and clean. I feel so well after the treatment and my only regret was that I didn’t have time to have more treatments before heading home that very evening. With all the kinks and knots gone, my long flight was much easier and I managed to sleep for most of the way. My feet weren’t swollen when I got up. Highly recommend.

Ctyndv n, General Manager at L'Apothiquaire Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Sarah C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us and for your kind comments. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our spa and that we have contributed positively to your long flight back home.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Our Best Wishes,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

This place is pricey by Vietnamese standards, but we decided to give it a shot, thinking that it would be a luxurious treat. We were severely disappointed.
The house is extremely dated, and poorly maintained. The massages we had (I had the one hour massage and my friend had the hot stone massage) were very mediocre, as therapists seemed inexperienced and not meticulous. In comparison to massages of the same price that we enjoyed in Bali and Singapore, the experience here definitely falls short.

The products (for sale) on the shelf were dusty and old.
We left the place feeling extremely disappointed and will dissuade anyone from going there, unless they have money to burn.

1  Thank AYANG_SG
Ctyndv n, General Manager at L'Apothiquaire Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Ayang-SG,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.

Presently, spa treatments become less of a weekly ritual but more of an occasional reward, we understand this very well and always do our best to provide the best services to our clients. Therefore, we are sorry that you didn't enjoy your time at our spa.

Our spa is housed in a historical building, - designed by architect Ngo Viet Thu, who had received several accolades for his work including the First Grand Prize of Rome. Mr. Ngo Viet Thu designed the Independent Palace (now the Reunification Palace). As part of Mr. Ngo Viet Thu's many charitable contribution, the building of our spa was an orphanage during the Vietnam war. This building was the childhood home of many children of different nationalities. Some of the people who grew up here come back to visit with their children and we are very proud to be a part of the building that have deep meaning to many people. We are often told by these people that they had a great childhood living in this building. We are sadden to hear that you called the building extremely dated.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was in HCMC for Three Months and so tried quite a few spas. This one is the top end and I am very fussy on cleanliness and personal services. My facial and bikini wax was done by the same person who is very experienced and trained. I have super sensitive skin so wanted to be sure she was careful. We had a bit of a communication issue however it all worked out. A good facial with just a bit of redness the next day. Hard sell for products by English speakers after. Nice experience but don't go there for basic stuff as better value elsewhere.

1  Thank vancouvermtv
Ctyndv n, General Manager at L'Apothiquaire Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Vancouvermtv,

Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review for our spa, and for your kind comments.We are very happy to hear that you were pleased with the services you had at La Maison de l'Apothiquaire. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

From The General Manager

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This day spa was truly decadent - be sure to go to the one in District 3, as they have more than one salon. I booked in for the 6 hour package to unwind on my last day in Saigon before heading home. It was worth every cent. While it is one of the more pricey options in Saigon, it lived up to my expectations for something of that price (still much cheaper than back home). Everywhere else seems a bit hit and miss and I wanted to be sure I would get a good treatment. I was collected from my hotel in the most gorgeous vintage car and taken to the day spa (it would have been nice to also be dropped back at my hotel afterwards instead of having to take a taxi). I was disappointed in myself that I forgot to take my bathers as the pool was beautiful, and I would have had it all to myself. So if you go be sure to wear/pack your bathers! As for the venue, it was tastefully decorated in a french style, the staff were very welcoming and professional. I completed a form before beginning so staff new which pressure I wanted and if I had any specific concerns, it was great as it meant they werent asking me each time I had something new done - they all just knew what I wanted. I was taken to a different treatment room for each part of my package, and had a different person for each one - I felt truly spoilt! I started off with a steam room & sauna - left to relax on my own with no pressure to come out until I was ready. I was then greeted in the change rooms to be taken to my reflexology foot massage. This was incredible! The massuer was very professional and had excellent technique... the best foot massage I have had in Vietnam, and I had many!!! Most claim to do reflexology but they arent quite there technically. This one did not dissapoint. Next up I had a full body exfoliation and massage.. WOW! The products were so lush I was so impressed I bought some to take back home with me. Again, very relaxing and masseur was professional. After this I had a break for lunch, the meal was good, not fantastic - I think they can work on the menu but it was healthy enough and vietnamese so I was happy. It would also be nice to see the fresh juice menu included in the meal, not for separate purchase. After this I had my body wrap, this was better than any wrap I have had before. The reason was the girl massaged it into my body for ages before wrapping me up - it was like I got two body massages - score! I knew the products were top knotch as my skin normally breaks out from all the other "cheaper" salons around vietnam and for this one it didnt. The overall experience for me was 10 out of 10. It is a shame that some reviewers on here did not have the best experience, but I wanted to put a review up as mine was incredible. So I hope those who decide to go will have the same. If you dont mind compromising on quality and products, there are plenty of other options in the city that are cheaper. You do get what you pay for, this was a special treat for sure :-)

Ctyndv n, General Manager at L'Apothiquaire Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Heidi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your very kind review on TripAdvisor following your visit to La Maison de l'Apothiquaire.

We are very happy that your spa day with us was enjoyable. Your comment was shared among our team and it made everyone's day. We feel very encouraged and uplifted.

Once again, thank you for posting your review and for choosing us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to La Maison de l'Apothiquaire in the very near future.

Best Regards,

Mathieu Schlumberger

The General Manager

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Wonderful place with very relaxing atmosphere, attentive staff, good selections of treatments and an immensely wide selection of products to take back home with you. Went there for a 4-hour relaxation package which included a foot massage, relaxing body massage, facial and lunch, and enjoyed every minute of it. Beautifully designed rooms, relaxing music, professional therapists. Ended up buying so many of their products (both for myself and as gifts) that could barely fit all of them in my suitcase! Definitely a place I would recommend to anyone in town looking for some relaxation.

1  Thank Alexandra G
Ctyndv n, General Manager at L'Apothiquaire Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Alexandra,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post a review for our spa, and for your really kind comments.

These are greatly appreciated and we were delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable visit. We hope that you and your friends enjoy our products and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to our spa in the near future. From L'Apothiquaire Team.