“Great food; strange, abusive owner.”
Review of MJL Food Center

MJL Food Center
Order Online
Ranked #3,660 of 4,989 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Description: MJL welcomes you to please try our foods. We guarantee you by the price , the best service and the special taste which will make you feel home. We cook the foods with fresh and organic ingredients, there are no chemical colours, monosodium glutamate or any artificial flavours are added in our foods. All of our ingredients are hand – picked and the foods are cooked with care, passion and love
Reviewed October 5, 2017

To be fair, the food here is pretty decent for a hole-in-the wall off of Thao Dien. The curries are fantastic and the rice come in heaping, delicious servings. My only gripe is with the owner; the only female lumbering around the shop. She behaves strangely and seems to go out of her way to get rude with me. Once I asked her about one of the employees (I was ignorant as to his position in the company) and she replied with an annoyed, almost shrieking tone: "NOOOO!!! He's just a HELPAAAA!!!!!". The second strange experience was just last night; she placed my food to go on the counter, though right next to someone else's food to go. I paid and grabbed both of them (I ordered 2 things anyway) and was out the door. She caught up with me outside and asked if I took 2 bags, I said "yes", and she said I took someone's food in this tone that went from friendly to snide and abusive in under a second. I thought to myself why would you put my food together with another person's and then get offended when I accidentally take it? I threw the food back to her and drove away. Great food, useless owner.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Ryan L
Reviewed July 15, 2017

I've been here several times before but tonight was a special occasion, rubbish, bin worthy. How can food quality lapse so entirely in a single night? Order wrong, ingredients missing, food burnt... I want your business to do well and to continue to eat your food but please, you must do better than this or you will shut your doors and based off of tonight, it seems you are on you way.

Date of visit: July 2017
4  Thank Robert O
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

Recently moved to an apartment around the corner and this place is perfect for a quick takeaway tea!!

Theres plenty of choice for a kebab shop and they don't take long to make at all.
The prices are extremely reasonable for D2, kebab wraps & pitas are around 60k.

The chicken or beef rolls are lovely as are the crispy tacos. The burritos are full to the brim of lovely flavours. To be honest, don't think there's anything on the menu that's not nice.

Everything is made to order which makes it even better. Will be a definite local for us now

Date of visit: May 2017