“A great place to get your bearings in Ho Chi Minh City”
Review of Meraki Hotel

Meraki Hotel
Ranked #113 of 462 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very comfortable and clean. Right in the heart of the tourist buzz with lots of activity and all the amenities. Overall a great place to stay! The only downside is that it is a bit more expensive than staying elsewhere but you seem to get a good set of bonus comforts for the price. Would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here twice. Great helpful staff, nice breakfast with excellent view. Booked a few scam cabs by mistake and staff helped us recognise and know the good ones (vinasun). Excellent city, can't wait to go back! I wouldn't bother upgrading my room here as the difference wasn't much!

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Nick M
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Pick up from airport organised by hotel...perfect. Reception staff and luggage handlers faultless. Upgraded to VIP room which was huge! Great location, lots to see and do. Unfortunately no hot water in the morning for showers but a cool shower was nice for a hot day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nannashazz
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Looking at other pictures of rooms, it seems the rooms vary a lot. Our room was very small. We had a hard time moving around at the same time and having space for our things (a couple traveling with backpacks). It was fairly clean, not spectacular. For the price, it was okay. We spent little time in our room...pretty much to sleep, shower, and get dressed. The breakfast was okay. The eating area was not air conditioned so go very early before it gets too uncomfortable. Laundry was available for very cheap rates and the turn around was fast....less than 1 day. Staff was helpful in answering questions and giving directions and helping make phone calls to local places. The location is good. If you read about the area then you know it's a lively nighttime place. Everything you need is within walking distance. You can buy stamps at the convenient stores in the area but I suggest you have the hotel mail postcards.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Like previous comments this hotel has a good location in district 1 on a busy, busy tourist street full of bars and restaurants which are cheap and aimed at westerners.

The service is not as personalised as other hotels I stayed in during my vietnam trip but still good for example when you have a request such as a room to shower and rest in when you have a few hours to spare before your flight they immediately oblige.

Breakfast is taken next door and you get given a voucher to fill out for each day, the breakfast room is not massive, seats roughly a dozen so get there with plenty of time if you have a trip to go on.

I think I slept the best here on my whole three week trip!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last week for 3 nights with my parents. I was amazing because the service was tip top. Before coming to HCM, i contacted the hotel facebook regarding some issues with the tour because we're muslims and concerned of the food. And they answer it by forwarding to their GM.

The GM Ms Jerry was amazing because she really concern and explain what options do i have for breakfast and even asked me to suggest simple menu so they can cook for their guest because they have a lot of guest like me (muslim).

When I arrived, the porter service was good, very welcoming. And the room that we get was so good because it was on the 5th floor facing the road. We practically can view the surrounding area and the lively Bui Vien Street.

Most of other fellow Malaysian were staying nearby Ben Thanh Market, but because we booked through Airasiago.com we got this hotel. And I can't be thankful enough because I love the surrounding area. there's 24 hours mini mart in front of the hotel, there's wifi service in the hotel, 2 computer in the lobby for guest to use it, the room was clean and big enough for us, the bathroom was clean, and the room service was marvelous. the cleaner cleaned our room everyday, and provide new soap and other toiletries every day. the bed was comfy and the reservation staff was friendly and helpful. she gave us the list of nearby halal restaurant for us and a map as guidance.

if you love lively nnights, you would love this hotel because of its location. it's only 15 minutes walk to ben thanh market and if you walk at night, you get the chance to experience the lively-ness of the city. bars and street hawkers just amazing.

Room Tip: if you're travelling in 3 pax, and prefer staying in one room, choose deluxe room, if possible r...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fatinbkp
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights.
Location in the Bui Vien in Ho Chi Minh City. Location at a small backpacker with heavy road traffic.
My room reservation directly via e-mail to this hotel, and my message to Superior Room USD 28/night rate. When a reservation, the hotel room image display options.
And unfortunately, I get the rooms are not the same as in their photos in an e-mail (lower level).
I'll have a room with large windows, but while there, I was just given a room with a small window. Too bad I can not show e-mail, so I can not give more opinions.

Please be carefull and make sure your room.

I also only given one voucher breakfast, whereas in the e-mail provided information supplied breakfast for 2 people. I was told if my friends would follow, but still not given extra.

The hotel is actually quite interesting.
My advice, each room per day given free bottles of mineral water. Because I think the price per night hotel offered also not cheap. And it does not have to pay for a bottle of mineral water.

Rooms are only 3 rooms per floor, and sometimes quite disturbed with the noise next door.

Room Tip: room with window but pay more, make sure again big window or just small window.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
#1 of 1 in Isla de la Juventud
Minh Chau Hotel
Minh Chau Hotel
#45 of 462 in Ho Chi Minh City

Been to Meraki Hotel? Share your experiences!