“Top fun and best value”
Review of Le Jardin

Le Jardin
Ranked #189 of 3,459 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013

love it ... i still have my phone! real good food and amazing prices. Go for the drinks ... best deal

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Le Jardin is a lovely cool sanctuary, and always busy.
The french food is delicious,great cheese and meats selection, with decent sized servings and super fresh. Went here 4 times and enjoyed every meal. The staff are lovely and helpful too.
Couldn't recommend this more for a leisurely lunch.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Great place, price level very fair, nice service and a very romantic place.

I have been there several times and will for sure be back.

Remember to book a table in advance since it's very often fully booked!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am astonished by some of the reviews below, which complain about the restaurant’s food, service and ambience.
I have been a frequent diner at Le Jardin since 2002. In all these years, spanning over a hundred visits, I have never had a bad meal or any reason to find fault with the service. The garden where Le Jardin is situated is small and next to traffic, but the greenery and flowers make you feel far away from downtown Saigon. If you don’t like dining al fresco, then you can sit in the air-conditioned room inside.
The food is great! Before opening the menu, I always check out the blackboard for the plat du jour – invariably something interesting and delicious. I know of nowhere in Saigon that serves better fish, and I especially recommend the salmon in dill sauce. Then there is the meat; I love the pepper steak and the chicken in basil. Being Irish, I like my spuds, and it’s hard to choose between the sauté and mashed potatoes. For dessert I usually go for apple crumble and ice cream. The wine menu is slender, but all the wines are tasty and remarkably good value. So is the house wine - red, white or rosé.
The service here has always been impeccable. Sometimes I wonder how on earth such delicious food can be served so quickly. The manager is a very friendly guy, who every so often treats me and my friends to free brandies at the end of a meal.
In short, Le Jardin is my favourite restaurant in Saigon.

1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This restaurant totally ruined my Vietnam vacation. In all my years of traveling, this is the only time I have experienced such racism. The owner approached our tour guide and said he did not welcome tourists (presumably Asians because he was entertaining Caucasian clients). He even asked who was going to pay for our meal! Our meal has been PREPAID since we were on a private tour! I lost my appetite and walked out halfway through my meal. This happened last Saturday, December 29th, at 7 p.m. I am still shocked and angry about the entire experience!

7  Thank Suzetteyukho