“Excellent French restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hanoi
“Excellent French restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I've tried the find a good French restaurant in HCMC, but the top places in tripadvisor where sooooo fully booked, so we had to roll down the list, and came up to be Le Bordeaux. I don't know why it only has 4 stars on the rating, but the food is great, service is awesome, and very good atmosphere, one of the best French meal I've had for a long time, and the price is very reasonable!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ellen K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A true french restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

there aren't many places that you could find real good french cuisine in Vietnam, but this is one that you can't miss! It was truly a gastronomical feast! service was impeccable, yes it is pricy, but you pay for what you get, and let me tell you, you're getting a top notch quality!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank M D
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“The best restaurant by far in HCM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I don't understand why this is not on top of Tripadvisor's list! Well, when I see what are the first restaurant, my first thought: You must be joking right?! I mean , the food is amazing! The service is excellent! I've eaten there many times, and each of them was a win! It is on the level of an international 1 Michelin star! They serve a truly a top notch French cuisine! You are eating in France, don't miss it out!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Trn75
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“a little bit of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

as I stated to my fb friends "perhaps the best food, definitely the best service I have experienced in 2 1/2 years in Vietnam."
the menu is not overly large and has just the right balance of choice. I would be proud to have such a wine cellar. The staff were attentive without being obtrusive. I am definitely going back as often as I can.

• Visited November 2013
Austin
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

One of the best French restaurant in Asia. We went to Le Bordeaux after our time spent at La Maison de l’Apothiquaire to have our celebratory dinner. At the recommendation of the Maitre D’, I selected the fresh oysters from France as starter, fois gras for main course and the chocolate Grand Manier soufflé for dessert. My boyfriend opted for the curried crab cake, tournedo for main and to share my soufflé! The oysters was delicious, with the hazelnut taste and not too creamy. I tasted the curried crab cake and was starting to regret that I didn’t order it. But my main course was so excellent that it was worth every calorie. My boyfriend’s beef was melt-in-the-mouth. The soufflé didn’t disappoint either. Light and fluffy. The service was attentive and impeccable. The cost of the dinner is slightIy cheaper than elsewhere in the region but it is worth it. I give it a thumb up.

Visited May 2013