“A good place for pizza while far from home”
Review of Scoozi

Scoozi
Ranked #750 of 3,599 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stumbled upon this place while walking around Ho Chi Minh City, didn't remember seeing it in any guide books. Scoozi has an outdoor area where they have a wood-burning oven where you can watch the pizza being prepared. The pizzas are a good size to split for a quick and easy lunch. The pizza was great and a surprise find in Vietnam. Would recommend if you have a family looking for a little taste of home while abroad

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I call it as I see and experience it. No Bull S...

The wait staff seems to be friendly and nice. I consider the service to be acceptable.
The deal is on Sunday get 2 for 1, this has to be the only place in the country that actually gives away something for free!
But then again...You are really paying for it, it's just hidden in the 50,000 VND beer! A bit expensive. As well as paying for ICE and condiments !

I like the wood fire oven, I don't like the fact the that cheese is preportioned! Everything is calculated , and measured down to the very last 4 leaves of basil that goes on top of the Margareta Pizza! Maybe someone should advise them that means one small basil leave for every two slices. Daaaaaa." it's really Cheap ! " Hey don't knock me .. I'm just observant is all !

Anyways .. the service is okay nothing great!
Well this is the part of the dining experience that killed the little the Resturant had going for them in there favor. Usually your charged for a wet napkin, I was expecting this, No Charge. Instead I was charged for " Condiments " 30,000 Vnd for stale rancid cheese ! And your charged also for ICE in your drink !
I was informed by the wait staff if I refuse to pay the owner will deduct this amount from his salary!
Be careful when you go you may just be charged for the use of salt & pepper! Heaven forbid you ask for olive oil! This is one place I surely will never return to as well as tell my friends

I almost forgot mentioning about the pizza. Well maybe it did not leave an impression on me to even consider.
Trip Advisor and Reviewers Do I really have to give at least one star rating for this place is there anything less can be given?

1  Thank SRichie702
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We've had pizza from Scoozi a few times and the pizza it self is "ok" in world wide standards and "good" for Vietnamese pizza standards - though not close to as deliscious as the pizza at Pizza 4P's!
I ordered 2 Margherita for delivery, one of them with Parma Ham, confirmed and no problem.
The pizza arrives and when we open the boxes there are 2 Margherita's, one with no ham but extra cheese... Hm! Calls up Scoozi and the same girl confirms that I've ordered one with Parma Ham and after a few minutes of discussions she understands that I didn't get Parma but extra Cheese on my pizza. At this moment she gets nervous and the asks me to eat the pizza I have, since I don't like extra cheese I asks her to make a new pizza and send it out. She stops the call and calls me back 5 min later.
She's now asking me again to keep my pizza though I insist that I want it as I ordered it, we live very close to Scoozi so not a long delivery either. She stops the call again.
5 more min later I call her up again and asks "what will happen" - she then tells that she can't tell her boss that she did a mistake and I can't get the pizza I want. The conversation continues for a while and she seem to give up and I believe I'll have a new pizza...45 min later, no pizza in sight and I have to eat the cold pizza with extra cheese....

It now seems Scoozi has so-so pizza, staff who's too afraid of making mistakes that they can't correct them and a manager that's a tyrant?

Lucky there are other pizzerias in HCMC that offers good service and nice pizza!

1  Thank Johan A
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We always go there for pizza on Sunday nights. We've not yet been dissapointed with the food. Drinks are expensive though, and service seems to be going down. They did have an Italian manager, but haven't seen him for a while. Good price for pizza- woodfired pizza. That's pretty much all it's good for.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have lived in Sai Gon for 4 years and I have been eating pizza at Scoozi for 3 years, however not without an occasional quality issue. For example, unwashed arugula, fermented pineapple and cloudy olive oil, but this past Sunday was the straw that broke the camels back.

The sausage of my Inferno pizza was spoiled, and I mean to the point of it smelling rotten. Clearly the pizzaiolo who is ultimately responsible for the product they serve is not checking the food. To serve spoiled food is unacceptable for any restaurant and it is inexcusable.

Yes, the pie was sent back and the servers were advised, and they did nothing more than apologize and ask if we would like a different kind of pizza.

Unfortunately, last night will be my last visit to Scoozi, because I can no longer trust their food. I would caution anyone considering dining here to use extreme caution.

Consumer Beware . . .