“Great family hangout”

Cafe Evita
Ranked #989 of 3,154 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Cafe, Pizza, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great family hangout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Great place to hangout with the kids as the place has a homey feel. I often have to go there to wait for my children. The food is pretty good, especially the lasagna and Thai Beef salad.

• Visited December 2013

Paris, France
“Nice & relaxing place in Thao Dien”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I really don't understand the other bad reviews. Went there a few times for lunch and always had a lovely time.
They offer a large choice of salads, portions are generous and the atmosphere is very relaxing and just make you want to hang out for a few hours. Highly recommend to try it!

• Visited December 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Very nice - will visit again for sure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Seems to be a new place upstairs in an old venue. Hope the association with evita doesnt tarnish its reputation. When we went they had some very minor issues which they explained saying it was a weekend that "bridged" a menu re-vamp. Anyway the food was different, great taste and well presented. Good service and nice house wine. Like the table setup upstairs

Visited August 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Too expensive for average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Not much need for a long review here: there is nothing spectacular on offer on the menu, and what is on the menu is much pricier than the same food elsewhere. A simple sandwich with fries will run you close to $10. Beer was 5x the store price -- a markup is expected but, for me, this was exorbitant -- and it was local, draft beer (which is typically cheaper than the bottled variety).

My sandwich was tasty, 85% of the fries were properly cooked, and the service was passable.

Bottom line: even if you're in the neighborhood, there are superior/cheaper eats on this street.

• Visited August 2013
Cheltenham, Victoria, Australia
“Michelin Star Experience in Ho Chi Minh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was with my darling in Ho Chi Minh for a short trip but oh boy was I glad I went to Evita.
I think it was destiny or luck but it was really nice to have this 5 star delux experience and for a budget price. I am from Australia and lived in Europe aswel so I am use to good food. I tell you Australia this Nic would send any masterchef host chef to shame . His skills for presentation of food and for balancing of flavors is out of this world . This is not culinaria any more but sience of a mad proffesor who teases your taste buts , we had the two for one me and my sweety and to be a pain in the but of the chef we choose each thing we could . However it does not phases this master chef he does it with easse and pleasure and I felt so welcomed and highly recomend this establishment the chef and his team

• Visited July 2013