“Average Hotel”

Alagon Central Hotel & Spa
Ranked #81 of 476 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Its an average hotel, but the location is very good, in the center of Saigon.
But I think you can find better hotels for the same price (eg. Paradise Saigon) in the same location.
One thing upset me very much: When we checked out, they charged me 10 USD for a towel. They told me they cant get it clean. Its very odd, cause they presented that towel at the reception to me (In front of a lot of peoples, which was very embarassing). They didnt even try to wash it. The only reason that towel was dirty is, cause we had it laying on the room floor. So probably the room floor was very dirty, which is not my mistake...
Also I think for 10 USD they can buy four new towels.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rolf82

Reviewed January 9, 2014

They gave us a room without window, There was a window looking to the corridor of the hotel. Our reservation did not mention that. Room was smelly. Sheet and bed cover looked overused. There was a cutler in the room but no tea or coffee. Staffs were friendly and breakfast was excellent with Western and Asian option. Cheap transfer service to the airport. Location was good.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed in the hotel from 25 Dec to 28 Dec. Airport pick up was provided. Bryan the person who picked us is a friendly staff. He bothered to bring up the flyers to our room to show us the local day tour and explained to us the differences in them.
Nice, clean, spacious suite room with three of us. It is about 10 mins walk to Ben Thanh Market. Check in process was fast. Anthony the front desk staff showed us where to get around, he even bother to extend his thoughtful advise and purposely came out from the hotel when my hubby was using his mobile phone on the street. (do not use mobile phone on the street, thieves tend to snatch it away). Such a thoughtful act which I never encounter from a hotel staff before. cannot compare with 5 star hotels.
There is a famous Fanny ice cream cafe not far from the hotel. Need to cross the road and walking towards the direction of petrol station, you will find this ice cream cafe on you left.
Overall, it is a pleasant stay and I will consider to stay here again should I visit HCM.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for three nights at the start of our Vietnam trip together with our kids ( 2 and 5). Good hotel, with spacious clean rooms, friendly staff and a nice breakfast. Nothing out of the ordinary, but just a good place to stay and get used to the city. All city center attractions are within walking distance. We used the pool at the hotel next door, which went well.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This hotel is ideally located about a five minutes walk to Ben Thanh market and about the same to backpacker area in District 1. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful; always smiling! Although the hotel has its own fitness center, it also has an agreement with the New World hotel across the street so I was able to use their excellent fitness center and swimming pool as well. That was a good thing because the breakfast at Hoang Hai Long is very good with a wide range of western and Vietnamese foods available. The rooms were also quite nice with clean, comfortable bedding. All in all, this is a very good place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is only a 3 star hotel with an entrance on an unimpressive crowded street but the check in is efficient, the room clean, bathroom average and the breakfast is very good with fresh fruit and the ability to sample pho Bo, local beef noodles.

1  Thank Bomoh
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is my second stay in this hotel for my business trip.. I was impressed with the service during my first stay so i decided to choose this hotel again for my second trip and again I was impressed by their excellent service!! When I arrived at the hotel for check in , it only took them less than 10 mins to do the process.. While doing the check in process the deputy manager Andrew was chatting with me introducing the place to visit near by the hotel.. Which I really feel he's doing a great job as a hotel staff. He even offered me a massage voucher since it was my second stay. By the way , the massage was great! During my stay he even emailed me to check how's my stay in the hotel. During my last day he emailed me that he's working night shift and he won't be able to send me off. Honestly which 3 or 4 star hotel staff will have this kind of attention to their hotel guest.. When I check out he happens to arrive at work and he still chat with me asking me did I try out the massage ad how's the massage. He really give me a very good impression. So travelers, if you visiting vietnam. I strongly recommend this hotel, and you will be impressed by the hotel guest service Andrew is giving you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business