All reviews private room female dorm lily's travel agency halong bay travel advice old quarter cat ba ninh binh backpackers hostel northern vietnam great place to stay location is great sapa tour breakfast included amazing staff yogurt booking tours
Reviewed June 17, 2016

Stayed at this hostel for a few nights and then time in between Sapa/Halong Bay. The place is clean (with the exception of the bathroom downstairs), and the breakfast is awesome. Location is great. Staff is helpful (both online and in person), though you can tell that it's still a pretty young hostel.

Their Sapa trip was awesome, though they're not great at explaining the details of the trip so make sure you ask in advance and get the information you need.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Nina P
Rezma R, Owner at See You At Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay at See You At Lily’s Hostel. All your comments are very much valued; we are constantly trying to improve, as we are a young hostel. Thank you for trying us out, we would love you to come back and stay with us again! Safe travels and Om x

Reviewed June 16, 2016

Honest staff, clean, good breakfast menu, solid value and in a safe area not too far from the lake and the main hospital should you need one.

I love Stu and Rez (a pair of cool brits) who run the place and treat you with 5 star service.

Among the best parts they are very trust worthy and will help you with advice even if you don't stay there or arrange travel with them. Prices are largely if not completely non-negotiable unless maybe if you are running a large group but I've never seen it but it doesn't mean it's not possible. Prices are very good if not great either way.

The staff is amazing and invites cool travelers who chill there aside of the occasional (explicative) traveller which can happen anywhere. Stu can deal with all sorts of things calmly like I've rarely seen.

Rez, can also help with all sorts of information regarding the local area and travel options. She's also very easy on the eyes but unfortunately taken at the moment. You'll love hanging out with both of them when they are available.

The hostel is located near a party hostel I stayed at but was too load and you can go party there anyway even if you don't stay there and there is some very good local food nearby.

Highly recommended, I think it's the best place to stay in this backpacker district. Make sure to book ahead if possible.

Safe Travels!

Michael

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank michael g
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

This hostel was the reason i stayed in Hanoi for so long. The owners are ridiculously friendly, warm and always up for a chat. The tours they offer through the travel agency are fairly priced and are an awesome experience. Rooms are very clean, the free breakfast is delicious and the boys at the front desk are bloody good scrappers (I trust them with my passport more than i do myself). Highly highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Matthew N

Thank you for choosing to stay at See You At Lily’s Hostel. Matthew you gem! Thank you for all your lovely comments, we hope to see you again soon. Have a lovely trip back, safe travels and Om x

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

I stayed there for 4 nights, the staff were very friendly and helpful. I lost my travel visa while in hanoi and the staff came with me to translate with the police officer and helped me get a new one. I would recommend staying here! Clean rooms and a chill environment.
Only downside was the female dorm room didn't lock so make sure you lock things up as I had a few things taken.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank sarahmirandaaa
Reviewed June 5, 2016

Lily is amazing, we booked most of our itinerary through her (sapa trains, halong bay tour) and we heard that the prices are the best here! So glad that she has a cosy hostel just next door to her agency. Love the alley that the hostel is situated at which is nice and quiet and the place is near all the good food in Hanoi (Pho 10, bun cha, Cong cafe)! Too bad we didn't get to try all. The people at the hostel are really friendly and accommodating even though we were sometimes lost in translation.. it was fun! They have very handy maps that we took almost everyday for directions around old quarter. Also, so sorry that we had to wake the poor guys guarding the hostel up in the morning to let us through, feels safe with them there hahaha. Our room is a private room on the 5th floor which is humongous for just 2.. very comfy beds but wifi is abit weak there.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Bweeh

Thank you for choosing to stay at See You At Lily’s Hostel. I’m glad you enjoyed our services and everything went well. We take all your comments into consideration and I will be talking to the team later today to improve everything so thank you for your comments, means a lot to us. Safe travels and Om x