All reviews private room female dorm lily's travel agency halong bay mixed dorm travel advice old quarter cat ba ninh binh backpackers hostel northern vietnam great place to stay location is great sapa tour breakfast included amazing staff yogurt
Reviewed April 29, 2016

All the staffs in here are so kind and nice!
If want to know everything about Hanoi ,please ask them from A to Z
This place so pleasant and amusing !
You will be pleased to see those kind staffs upon visiting to this Lily's hostel

• Trip type: Traveled on business
RezmaR, General Manager at See You At Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2016

Aww Jason, thank you for choosing to stay with us! We miss you already, come back and see us again soon! Our guests are often like family and you were one of those people! Take care! x

Reviewed April 29, 2016

Stayed in See You At Lily's on two occasions in Hanoi. On both occasions staff were extremely helpful in booking trips for us- Halong bay Fantesea Cruise, Tam Coc day trip with Wali and Sapa with Mao and her family. All trips were fantastic, especially the Sapa trip with Mao. This trip was 3 days and 2 nighfs, price includes buses, treking, food and accommodation at Mao's home. Mao and her family were so kind, friendly, generous, funny and happy and the scenery was so beautiful. It is the best 3days I have had after 3 weeks in Vietnam!!! I'd recommend this trip to anyone!

1  Thank Ali A

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at See You At Lily's hostel. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed all the trips with us, we always try and provide the best prices and best trips for our guests. Ah we love Sapa too, Mao is our favourite lady ever! Thank you so much, safe travels and Om x

Reviewed April 27, 2016

I am a solo traveler and it was my first time to travel outside my country. Even before I left, the staff of See You at Lily's were always available to answer my queries, from what bus to take, to where to get off. Sure, it was stressful to be a first time solo traveler, but they really helped me every step of the way.

When I arrived, I was greeted with a warm welcome. One of the staff even removed my heavy backpack for me. The vibe and atmosphere in the reception area were warm and welcoming. Staff always tried to be of help.

The room that I was in was quite comfortable. The washroom was clean and it has the facilities to make you comfortable after a long tiring day. The rest of the house are graced with interesting art. Every floor is unique and is an experience on its own.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Hanoi.

Room tip: Ladies, I recommend that you choose the girls' dorm. Totally worth it.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
RezmaR, General Manager at See You At Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

Hello Carmi, thank you so much for staying with us! I'm very glad to hear that you had a great time here. We always try our best to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable in the hostel. We hope to see you again, see you later! <3

Reviewed April 26, 2016

See you at lily's was easily the best hostel I stayed in during my time in Vietnam, the staff were lovely and went to great lengths to help at any opportunity, whether it be sorting trips out for you or advising on things to do in Hanoi. Don't know how they managed it but Rez and Stu have managed to create one of the friendliest and most social hostels I've ever stayed in, from the outset it feels warm and welcoming and once you're there you realise that the hostel is somehow full of lovely people. I can't overemphasise how nice the staff are, Rez was even kind enough to listen to my terrible screenplay. 8/8 would go again, would recommend

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
RezmaR, General Manager at See You At Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2016

Hey Robert! Thanks for choosing See You At Lily's! We are doing our best to make sure everyone is having a great time. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe travels!

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Where to start?
When me and my friends first arrived at Lilly's, we were instantly greeted by the warm and helpful staff. Due to our flight arriving at 8am, the previous guests had not checked out yet. However Stu informed us that we could leave luggage behind and check in later. After tagging the bags and having them stored away, we then met with the infamous Rezma. She welcomed us to the hostel and informed us that if there was anything we needed prior to checking in, then just ask.
We took this to our advantage and asked her the places to visit in the city. Since we had some time to kill, we also asked about the offers they had for SaPa and Ha Long Bay, but we decided to come back to this another day.
We came back later that night to check in, and as a backpacker who has stayed in over 20 hostel, this is easily one of the best ones.
Our friends opted for the private rooms which had its own tea making facilities, fridge and TV. They also had access to the balcony, which gave us a charming view of the walkway below and some of the surrounding area.
Breakfast was a treat too, prepared by Lilly's mum and the hostels worker. Each day we tried a new option from the menu, each of which was delicious!
We also met stu after breakfast, blasting his beastie boys music in the lobby, a warm welcome to the ears.
Since we we're interested in renting some bikes, rezma told us that he was the man to ask. She wasn't wrong, stu told us where the get the cheapest and best bikes with our budget. He also told us of some cool routes to ride down, perfect for those who are still adapting to the roads of Hanoi.
Later that week we also traveled to SaPa via Lilly's travel agency. Upon reaching SaPa in the early morning, we had a quick breakfast and we're then greeted by Moa. To put this simple, Moa is one of the kindest and heat filled person I have met. After trekking the mountains and taking in the beautiful scenery, we arrived at Moa's village, where we spent two nights. Oh, and a word of advice, you won't beat Moa when it comes to a happy water drink off!

Next on our visit was Ha Long Bay, where we spent the night on a small, but spacious boat, and the second on monkey Island. There is no better view to wake up to, than the surrounding islands of Ha Long Bay. Here we did some kayaking, exploration of the cave and a local visit to the monkeys.

We got back to Hanoi to enjoy a few more days before heading back to the UK. All in all, it was a fun experience, made even greater thanks to the help of Lily and her staff! I plan to come back, and when i do....I'll See you at Lily's! ;D

Date of stay: February 2016