All reviewsprivate roomfemale dormlily's travel agencybohemian vibehalong bayperfect hosteltravel adviceold quartercat basmall streetgreat street foodlocation is greatbackpackers hostelfree breakfastgreat bathroombed dormbook trips
Reviewed April 27, 2016

I am a solo traveler and it was my first time to travel outside my country. Even before I left, the staff of See You at Lily's were always available to answer my queries, from what bus to take, to where to get off. Sure, it was stressful to be a first time solo traveler, but they really helped me every step of the way.

When I arrived, I was greeted with a warm welcome. One of the staff even removed my heavy backpack for me. The vibe and atmosphere in the reception area were warm and welcoming. Staff always tried to be of help.

The room that I was in was quite comfortable. The washroom was clean and it has the facilities to make you comfortable after a long tiring day. The rest of the house are graced with interesting art. Every floor is unique and is an experience on its own.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in Hanoi.

Room Tip: Ladies, I recommend that you choose the girls' dorm. Totally worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
RezmaR, General Manager at See You At Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

Hello Carmi, thank you so much for staying with us! I'm very glad to hear that you had a great time here. We always try our best to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable in the hostel. We hope to see you again, see you later! <3

Reviewed April 26, 2016

See you at lily's was easily the best hostel I stayed in during my time in Vietnam, the staff were lovely and went to great lengths to help at any opportunity, whether it be sorting trips out for you or advising on things to do in Hanoi. Don't know how they managed it but Rez and Stu have managed to create one of the friendliest and most social hostels I've ever stayed in, from the outset it feels warm and welcoming and once you're there you realise that the hostel is somehow full of lovely people. I can't overemphasise how nice the staff are, Rez was even kind enough to listen to my terrible screenplay. 8/8 would go again, would recommend

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
RezmaR, General Manager at See You At Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2016

Hey Robert! Thanks for choosing See You At Lily's! We are doing our best to make sure everyone is having a great time. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe travels!

Reviewed April 25, 2016

Where to start?
When me and my friends first arrived at Lilly's, we were instantly greeted by the warm and helpful staff. Due to our flight arriving at 8am, the previous guests had not checked out yet. However Stu informed us that we could leave luggage behind and check in later. After tagging the bags and having them stored away, we then met with the infamous Rezma. She welcomed us to the hostel and informed us that if there was anything we needed prior to checking in, then just ask.
We took this to our advantage and asked her the places to visit in the city. Since we had some time to kill, we also asked about the offers they had for SaPa and Ha Long Bay, but we decided to come back to this another day.
We came back later that night to check in, and as a backpacker who has stayed in over 20 hostel, this is easily one of the best ones.
Our friends opted for the private rooms which had its own tea making facilities, fridge and TV. They also had access to the balcony, which gave us a charming view of the walkway below and some of the surrounding area.
Breakfast was a treat too, prepared by Lilly's mum and the hostels worker. Each day we tried a new option from the menu, each of which was delicious!
We also met stu after breakfast, blasting his beastie boys music in the lobby, a warm welcome to the ears.
Since we we're interested in renting some bikes, rezma told us that he was the man to ask. She wasn't wrong, stu told us where the get the cheapest and best bikes with our budget. He also told us of some cool routes to ride down, perfect for those who are still adapting to the roads of Hanoi.
Later that week we also traveled to SaPa via Lilly's travel agency. Upon reaching SaPa in the early morning, we had a quick breakfast and we're then greeted by Moa. To put this simple, Moa is one of the kindest and heat filled person I have met. After trekking the mountains and taking in the beautiful scenery, we arrived at Moa's village, where we spent two nights. Oh, and a word of advice, you won't beat Moa when it comes to a happy water drink off!

Next on our visit was Ha Long Bay, where we spent the night on a small, but spacious boat, and the second on monkey Island. There is no better view to wake up to, than the surrounding islands of Ha Long Bay. Here we did some kayaking, exploration of the cave and a local visit to the monkeys.

We got back to Hanoi to enjoy a few more days before heading back to the UK. All in all, it was a fun experience, made even greater thanks to the help of Lily and her staff! I plan to come back, and when i do....I'll See you at Lily's! ;D

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights all up and had a great time. The staff were very welcoming and the hostel felt warm and welcoming. Stewart was amazing and was happy to help me out whenever I had a question. The hostel itself is clean and nice. Prob the best hostel I've stayed in. Has a great feel about it.
The ladies at breakfast are lovely and even though they have limited English they try there hardest to communicate with you and smile all morning.
Thanks guys, if I ever return to Hanoi I'll def be staying with you again :-)

Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. It makes me happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. The whole team did their best to accommodate all you needs. You are more than welcome to come back here :-)

Reviewed April 23, 2016 via mobile

I had the best experience staying at See You At Lily's in Hanoi. They helped me book my buses, trips, and helped me with anything else that I needed while in Viet Nam. The artwork all throughout was beautiful, funky, and fun. The hostel is very clean, great bathroom and shower with hot water! Great location too- easy to walk out and grab great street food. They made my travels a lot easier and they recommended amazing places to see and visit- you have to do the SaPa 2night home stay with Mao. The BEST experience I've had so far. Stew was so helpful with planning my trips!!

Everyone at Lily's is so sweet and you feel like you're at home while traveling solo. I made lifelong friendships here and had unforgettable experiences thanks to these guys! They know what they're doing and I honestly can't rave enough about them. I am going to miss everyone there! Be sure to check out the blackboard quote board in the kitchen

#SeeYouAtLily's

Stayed: April 2016, traveled solo
RezmaR, General Manager at See You At Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay at See You At Lily's hostel. we miss you already! And we're so glad you choose to go Sapa with us, trust me we love Mao and her beautiful family too! The best people honestly, ah this is a beautiful review. I hope the rest of your travels go well! Come back and see us soon. Safe travels and Om x