All reviewsprivate roomfemale dormlily's travel agencybohemian vibehalong bayperfect hosteltravel adviceold quartercat basmall streetgreat street foodlocation is greatbackpackers hostelfree breakfastgreat bathroombed dormbook trips
Reviewed December 4, 2015 via mobile

Booked a tour through Lily's travel agents so stayed here for two nights when we returned from Halong Bay. Previous to that we had stayed 3 nights in Vietnam Backpackers Hostel (a few doors down). Having compared the two I wasn't overly thrilled with my time spent in See you at Lily's hostel.

Good stuff
Staff are extremely helpful and friendly
Clean
Has a relaxed and chilled vibe to it
Good location
Cheap

Bad stuff
The breakfast included in the price isn't cooked very well, warm bread (toast) and warm eggy bread (French toast).
Given different food orders 3 times, just accepted it the 3rd time but not what we ordered.
(Perhaps some of the staff from front end should come and help out for a few hours).
Beds are rock hard
Not much space in the dorm room
Wifi is shockingly bad in the dorm room
We had a dodgy door which didn't open very well with our key
There isn't a safety locker for everybody

The main reason I have given this review is because on our last night me and my two friends were sat in the common area on the bean bags, using the wifi to sort out accommodation for our next country. It was 11pm and doing this in the dorm wasn't an option because of not wanting to disturb other people with us talking and making plans and because the wifi was crap on the 7th floor. At 12 o clock we were asked very nicely by a member of staff if we could go to our rooms because the motorbikes had to be brought into the reception area and the kitchen area was out of use because the night staff needed to go to bed. We found this very strange for a hostel and we though having a curfew is slightly weird. We weren't the only ones to be told to leave the communal area, some boys watching a movie on their laptop also had to cut their night short and return to their rooms too.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shelly O
RezmaR, General Manager at See You At Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2015

Hello Shelly O, thank you for choosing to stay at See You At Lily’s hostel. Thank you for your productive criticism it really helps us improve our services. I understand you didn’t enjoy the western breakfast in Vietnam, as it is never like home unfortunately. The menu is written both in English and Vietnamese – we only employ local Vietnamese staff to help people in Vietnam. We encourage travellers to read the menu in Vietnamese, as there are English translations right next to it.

I wish you had told us you had problems with the WiFi we could have resolved this very quickly.

There is a curfew throughout the whole of the Old Quarter in Hanoi due to it being a residential area.

Thank you for your feedback, please do try us again, 99% of our guests have an awesome time here and it always makes us down to find out that someone has had a less than remarkable time with us and it would be our pleasure to host you again and have another opportunity to deliver our usually amazing service.

Reviewed December 2, 2015 via mobile

I had 2 nights in a dorm and 1 in a private double. The dorms are clean and tidy and suit the purpose just fine. The private double was exceptional,and at a higher standard than a lot of the hotels I have stayed at!
The hostel has a great friendly atmosphere going on,making it easy to meet, socialise and just chill out with other people....but the real stars of this hostel are Rez, Stu and lily.

They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and part of the 'family', and honestly couldnt help you enough.
For this reason alone, see you at lily's probably ranks among the top of the best hostels I've stayed at!

Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Martyn G
RezmaR, General Manager at See You At Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2015

Hello Martyn, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at See You At Lily's. We miss you already! Thank you so much for all your kind comments, we do hope to see you here again soon. Safe travels and Om.

Reviewed December 1, 2015 via mobile

I had a great time at see you at lily's in Hanoi. The dorms are good, the bathrooms are really clean and the beds are nice. The staff are amazing (friendly and helpful!), because they will help you with everything and even after when you left Hanoi ages ago. It is possible to use shisha here and hang out with the staff and other travelers in de ''chill'' lounge. Lily, Rez and Stu thx for the great help and awesome time! Cheers Phuoc

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with friends
RezmaR, General Manager at See You At Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2015

Hello Phuoc, Thank you so much for choosing to stay with See You At Lily's hostel. You were an amazing guest, we miss you! We'll see you next year for the bike tour. Once again thank you choosing to stay with us, safe travels!

Reviewed November 30, 2015

Compared to other hostels I've visited, I must say "See you at Lily's" is by far the best. The staff are very friendly and willing to help you in any way they can. The comp breakfast is the morning is a bonus on top great rates. Shout out to Rezma, Pete, and others for being such great hosts on my journey. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for clean and secure lodging accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled solo

Hello lovely,

Thank you so much for staying at See You At Lily's hostel. So glad you had a wonderful stay! We miss you you already! Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2015 via mobile

This place is an absolute treat. The second I arrived and was greeted by the friendly staff I knew I'd found my new home away from home. It has everything you could hope for, is beautifully clean and neat and the staff are so helpful and accommodating. The manager, Rezma, is wonderful and was on hand to help me out with anything I needed... And she's an absolute laugh a minute. I based myself here for the month that I was in the North and travelled back and forth. Rez and the others were great with suggesting cool places to check out and helped me out with my travel plans. Do yourself a favour and check this place out. You won't regret it!

Stayed: November 2015, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing to stay at See You At Lily’s hostel, we are so glad you had a lovely time here. We miss you already, come back soon! We are constantly try and improve our services and try and accommodate all our guests to the best of our ability. Hope to see you soon!